PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm 

Will he cry if England lose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:32 pm 

probably

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:03 pm 

The USA will win this I reckon. they beat Poland not too long ago and quite convincingly.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
The USA will win this I reckon. they beat Poland not too long ago and quite convincingly.

Glad to see that some of the world is noticing that US soccer (football) is on the rise. It will be quite a good game and what will decide the game will be set pieces. The US scored all their goals against Poland on set pieces and have big bodies that cause havoc in that area. England have the open field advantage with a suspect US backline, but the US also has Tim Howard, who I believe is the best goalie in the Premier League. We will have to wait and see though, but I will predict a 1-1 draw. If the US were to win this match though, it would be a monumental victory in US soccer (football) history and would show the rest of the world that we are on the rise. I'm pretty excited for this one to start and see how it plays out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:01 pm 

USACityFan wrote:
Glad to see that some of the world is noticing that US soccer (football) is on the rise. It will be quite a good game and what will decide the game will be set pieces. The US scored all their goals against Poland on set pieces and have big bodies that cause havoc in that area. England have the open field advantage with a suspect US backline, but the US also has Tim Howard, who I believe is the best goalie in the Premier League. We will have to wait and see though, but I will predict a 1-1 draw. If the US were to win this match though, it would be a monumental victory in US soccer (football) history and would show the rest of the world that we are on the rise. I'm pretty excited for this one to start and see how it plays out!!

What do you mean? Anyone can beat England!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:04 pm 

USACityFan wrote:

You're in denial mate, the States are gona get dicked lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:

Don't think so. USA have produced decent teams for years now. Easily better than most European and African teams. England have done fuck all since Italia 90.

USA to win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:20 pm 

slart wrote:
Don't think so. USA have produced decent teams for years now. Easily better than most European and African teams. England have done fuck all since Italia 90.

USA to win.

Not a chance :P lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:24 pm 

Ad_87 wrote:
Not a chance :P lol.

Why are you so optimistic? England haven't covered themselves in glory recently. The only chance England have is if the USA put out a weakened team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm 

slart wrote:
Why are you so optimistic? England haven't covered themselves in glory recently. The only chance England have is if the USA put out a weakened team.

That maybe, but regardless England have strength in depth. Don't make me laugh :D lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 pm 
Ad_87 wrote:

Not a great performance so far by England but good enough to give the States a 'dicking' all the same. Good call that man, but I have to say, the Yanks are rubbish. I expected more from them. Still, half an hour to go so plenty of time for England to press the self-destruct.

Oh and why isn't Hart on? Capello knows what James can do. Pointless leaving him on for the whole game. Give the future of English goalkeeping a crack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 pm 
The usual crap BBC commentary. Just repeat the same thing ad infinitum and hope nobody notices. Oh and Lawrenson = twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 pm 

SOCCER!!!!!! WAY TA HUSTLE!!!!!!!!
Can we not have the enthusiastic (If rather wrong) American commentary please. I'm bored shitless listenin to these two!
I agree with everything Emigre said above!

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:42 pm 
the ghost of gibbi wrote:
SOCCER!!!!!! WAY TA HUSTLE!!!!!!!!
Can we not have the enthusiastic (If rather wrong) American commentary please. I'm bored shitless listenin to these two!
I agree with everything Emigre said above!

I heart the American commentators. They're so bad, they're good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I heart the American commentators. They're so bad, they're good.

Can hear them now talking about 12 yard pk's and the 40 yard line.

*wanders into a dream full of American commentators*

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:00 pm 
Poor game. One dull team and one dreadful team. Pointless game and I can't see that Capello learnt much from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Poor game. One dull team and one dreadful team. Pointless game and I can't see that Capello learnt much from it.

Yeah ugly game and that wasn't a full US squad. I have no clue why Eddie Johnson or Josh Wolff saw the pitch and same with Ricardo Clark. I think Bob Bradley used this game more as a way to get some of the players experience in a bigger game. I personally would have liked to see Jose Altidore, Freddy Adu, and Landon Donovan out there, but the US do have some other big games coming up. They play Spain this Wednesday and Argentina in two weeks, so this might have been the game for the young players. I just wanted them to win so I could talk some trash to you guys haha. Good game though. England moved the ball around nicely, but still it was a sloppy game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 pm 

...and exactly what was achieved from that game? Na da. De rien. Geezusss. Boring game except for Gerrard's goal, may as well have had McLaren in charge. Mexiacan wave at an English match? The crowd must have been bored!

Thought the US could have snuck a goal there, actually hoped for it as the match was droll.

Would really have, liked to have seen Joe over a 37 year old keeper. Makes no sense?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
...and exactly what was achieved from that game? Na da. De rien. Geezusss. Boring game except for Gerrard's goal, may as well have had McLaren in charge. Mexiacan wave at an English match? The crowd must have been bored!

Thought the US could have snuck a goal there, actually hoped for it as the match was droll.

Would really have, liked to have seen Joe over a 37 year old keeper. Makes no sense?!

Yeah, overall I feel the US got much more out of the match than England. It gave the US a chance to see if some of their guys that are on the border line of getting into the squad for the World Cup Qualifiers a chance to prove themselves. Even though the US looked like complete shit the whole game, it was probably half of the first and second teams and showed who deserves to see the field.