Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hart in U21s
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:41 pm 

I'll start to think there's a conspiracy if both Hart and Richards end up shunned from the full squad for too long.

[color="Blue"]Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has been included in the England Under-21 squad for the European Championship qualifier against Portugal at Wembley next week.

The 21-year-old has been involved in the last two senior squads and made his debut against Trinidad and Tobago, with boss Fabio Capello now set to decide whether it is beneficial to keep him with Stuart Pearce's youngsters or use him for the qualifiers against Andorra and Croatia.

Capello took Theo Walcott out of the under-21s for the recent friendly against Czech Republic and could do the same again if he needs the Arsenal youngster or any other of Pearce's hopefuls.

Micah Richards has returned to full fitness with Manchester City and has been included again, while Aaron Lennon and Gabriel Agbonlahor have also been selected by Pearce as they look to get back in the seniors.

Pearce has called up Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Chelsea full-back Ryan Bertrand, who is on loan at Norwich. Bertrand was in line for a call-up earlier but was sent home for breaking a curfew with the under-19s last year, giving Joe Mattock his chance.

Regardless of the result against Portugal on September 5, Pearce's youngsters should be assured of a place in the play-offs to reach next year's tournament.

However, they still have the incentive of winning to give them a favourable draw for the two-legged tie in October that will decide if they feature in Sweden. [/color]

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 pm 

I dunno about any of you lot, but I'd rather see him starting for U21's than be sat on bench for senior squad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 pm 

See i'm happy Hart is in the under 21's. It's the best thing for him. He'll benefit much more from this than warming the bench for the full squad. Well, that's if he plays. There's no point being understudy to James, Robinson, Carson or anyone else.

Micah, however, has outgrown the under 21's now. Wes Brown is a decent enough player and other than the fact that he's a scummer i don't have too much of a problem with him. But there is no way he is in the same class as Micah. It's best for Micah to be in the full squad. Wonder if he's pissed Fabio off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 pm 

Squidge wrote:
See i'm happy Hart is in the under 21's. It's the best thing for him. He'll benefit much more from this than warming the bench for the full squad. Well, that's if he plays. There's no point being understudy to James, Robinson, Carson or anyone else.

Micah, however, has outgrown the under 21's now. Wes Brown is a decent enough player and other than the fact that he's a scummer i don't have too much of a problem with him. But there is no way he is in the same class as Micah. It's best for Micah to be in the full squad. Wonder if he's pissed Fabio off

Concur. Can't see how he could have pissed him off other than being injured though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:49 pm 

Benny wrote:
Concur. Can't see how he could have pissed him off other than being injured though...

Neither do i. But maybe he broke one of Fabio's strict rules. He's fully fit now (well, excluding the head thing), so it just seems very strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:51 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Neither do i. But maybe he broke one of Fabio's strict rules. He's fully fit now (well, excluding the head thing), so it just seems very strange.

Unless it's because he's playing CB for us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:54 pm 

Benny wrote:
Unless it's because he's playing CB for us...

That's quite a good call actually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm 

Don't get me wrong, I'm far more supportive of the U21s than the full squad, so in that sense it's a good thing for me. So long as Hart doesn't start to think that his England ambitions won't be realised while he's at City. I hope this is simply because he's the best U21 option and therefore he's needed for their qualifier, and nothing more.

These are the cries of the carrots.