Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:26 pm 

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Arsenal v Bayern Munich, 16R, L1, 19:45

FC Porto v Malaga, 16R, L1, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

AC Milan v Barcelona, 16R, L1, 19:45

Galatasaray v Schalke 04, 16R, L1, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Borussia Dortmund v Shakhtar Donetsk, (agg 2-2), 16R, L2, 19:45

Man Utd v Real Madrid, (agg 1-1), 16R, L2, 19:45

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Juventus v Celtic, (agg 3-0), 16R, L2, 19:45

Paris SG v Valencia, (agg 2-1), 16R, L2, 19:45

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Barcelona v AC Milan, 16R, L2, 19:45

Schalke 04 v Galatasaray, 16R, L2, 19:45

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Bayern Munich v Arsenal, 16R, L2, 19:45

Malaga v FC Porto, 16R, L2, 19:45

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:22 pm 

THanks for that.
My day had been pretty empty before I read that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm 

There is a clash of the giants, taking place right now in the champions league.
And i really hope dortmund win it...they are a great side.. :TopHat1

Oh and real madrid are playing some cunts from salford..
c'mon madrid..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:40 pm 

lmfao@rags and there shit fans..
jose walking off was getting shit from some stupid woman, doing the money sign rubbing her fingers together...

Those fingers will smell like fleetwood fish market jose, stay away...

rags out of CL, i feel fine knowing that they have had that treble talk shoved up their arses.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm 

Absolutely hilarious. Rags totally stitched up by the ref.

Taggart's rabble rousing after the sending off was reminiscent of Delia Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Absolutely hilarious. Rags totally stitched up by the ref.

Taggart's rabble rousing after the sending off was reminiscent of Delia Smith.

Lets be aving you...

Im surprised taggart didn't imploded..it was great..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 am 

How awful. Poor little united having a decision go against them.

Nani's eyes were on the ball he had no intent to kick anyone.
kind of reminds me of vincent last year whose eyes were on the ball and had no intent to kick anyone.

vincent's leg was 3 inches off the floor not 3 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 am 

As stated by Chiles after the game, the laws of the game do not mention intent, only endangering a fellow player. The whole world was up in arms when NDJ wasn't sent off in the Euro's. Although Crouch wasn't even booked at the weekend for knocking someone out cold. :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
How awful. Poor little united having a decision go against them.

Nani's eyes were on the ball he had no intent to kick anyone.
kind of reminds me of vincent last year whose eyes were on the ball and had no intent to kick anyone.

vincent's leg was 3 inches off the floor not 3 feet.

Karma.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm 

United fans are FUNNY. Why?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 pm 

Alex Ferguson. He's too distraught. Cunt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Alex Ferguson. He's too distraught. Cunt.

Oh my..this and then some...

I love it...just love it when taggart had a meltdown.
Soft cock needs to man up..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Football fan sorry after phoning police to complain about Nani red card
• 18-year-old reported Nani's red card as a 'crime'
• 'I would ask people to think,' says police chief inspector
Share 623

inShare
Email
Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 6 March 2013 15.39 GMT

A Manchester United fan phoned 999 to complain about Nani's red card against Real Madrid. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
A teenage football supporter who rang 999 to complain about the referee during Manchester United's defeat by Real Madrid has apologised to police.

The 18-year-old United fan, who watched the Champions League match on TV, was so disgusted by the Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir's decision to send off the United forward Nani that he contacted emergency operators to claim a "crime" had occurred. The armchair fan, who has not been named, rang 999 at around 9.20pm on Tuesday night from his home in a village near Bingham, Nottinghamshire.

Chief Inspector Ted Antill, of Nottinghamshire police, said: "While this recent example may be amusing, it illustrates the sort of insincere calls we have to deal with on a daily basis in the control room. They waste our time and they direct us away from genuine victims of crime, particularly if we dispatch officers out to something that turns out to be a bogus report.

"I would ask people to think before picking up the phone for emergency services. I would also advise parents to ensure your children are aware that prank calls and the reporting of made-up crimes is a crime in itself."

The officer added: "There may be people out there in real trouble who need our help and they have to wait because we are tied up with calls like this one, reporting a referee from the television. In this case, the man realised his bad judgment and apologised and we decided not to pursue it further."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:
Share 623

inShare
Email
Press Association

A Manchester United fan phoned 999 to complain about Nani's red card against Real Madrid. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
A teenage football supporter who rang 999 to complain about the referee during Manchester United's defeat by Real Madrid has apologised to police.

The 18-year-old United fan, who watched the Champions League match on TV, was so disgusted by the Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir's decision to send off the United forward Nani that he contacted emergency operators to claim a "crime" had occurred. The armchair fan, who has not been named, rang 999 at around 9.20pm on Tuesday night from his home in a village near Bingham, Nottinghamshire.

Chief Inspector Ted Antill, of Nottinghamshire police, said: "While this recent example may be amusing, it illustrates the sort of insincere calls we have to deal with on a daily basis in the control room. They waste our time and they direct us away from genuine victims of crime, particularly if we dispatch officers out to something that turns out to be a bogus report.

"I would ask people to think before picking up the phone for emergency services. I would also advise parents to ensure your children are aware that prank calls and the reporting of made-up crimes is a crime in itself."

The officer added: "There may be people out there in real trouble who need our help and they have to wait because we are tied up with calls like this one, reporting a referee from the television. In this case, the man realised his bad judgment and apologised and we decided not to pursue it further."

Clearly not a plastic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:
Share 623

inShare
Email
Press Association

Clearly not a plastic

Clearly a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 pm 

awesome. knacker keane says it was a deserved card and earns the hatred of the scum fans.

Quote:
Roy Keane bitter and twisted? Some Manchester United fans think so
The qualities United fans used to praise – his obdurateness, his perception of himself as a Cork Hercules – are the ones some now claim to have warped all notions of Keane's duty to the club
Share 79

inShare
Email

Rob Bagchi
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 6 March 2013 14.12 GMT
Jump to comments (448)

We know from Roy Keane's famous line about only dead fish going with the flow that he considers the contrarian stance is the honourable one. Photograph: Frances Leader/Action Images
One of Roy Keane's most admirable qualities is that he will not have spent all morning Googling and hashtag-searching his own name on Twitter to gauge the level of hostility he has provoked among certain Manchester United fans for "crimes" seemingly ranging from treason to apostasy. He simply couldn't care.

On Tuesday night, after his former club's defeat by Real Madrid, he said in his role as an ITV pundit that the decision of the referee, Cuneyt Cakir, to send Nani off was "the right call", an opinion that has inflamed some of the millions who disagree with him and their advice over the past few hours has included proposals that he perform an anatomically impossible act, calls for his sacking by the broadcaster and suggestions on how to spend his "30 pieces of silver".

The oddest thing about the abuse is this sense of betrayal. Some supporters seem to feel genuinely let down by Keane as if his loyalty had somehow become perverted by malice. But how can anyone who has any knowledge of his outspokenness as a player – in 2000 after booing during a Champions League victory over Dynamo Kyiv he said of United's corporate fans "they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell football, never mind understand it", his anger that United linked the rise in season ticket prices in the summer of 2000 to the cost of his new contract, his view that Jaap Stam's transfer to Lazio in 2002 signified football clubs treating players as "pieces of meat" and Saipan – think that he would feel a debt to the club that would curtail his right to be fearlessly frank on television? That he would silence himself?

After all he was even more fearlessly frank and furious on MUTV in October 2005, following Manchester United's 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough when he was interviewed on the channel's Play the Pundit programme. First he described Kieran Richardson as a "lazy defender", questioned why "people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher" and said of Rio Ferdinand: "Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar." The programme was pulled and the issue became a huge source of embarrassment to the club and particularly Sir Alex Ferguson who decided the best way forward for club and player was to terminate Keane's contract. "I was disappointed the way I was treated at the end, nobody will change that," Keane said last year. "But that doesn't mean to say I'm bitter and twisted towards Man Utd. Far from it."

That, obviously, is not how his critics see it. The very qualities Manchester United fans used to praise – his obdurateness, intolerance for slackness in deed and thought, his perception of himself as a Cork Hercules cleaning up the game's bullshit merchants, his feistiness and lack of sentimentality – are the very ones some now claim to have warped all notions of his duty to the club.

All he said was that he disagreed with the received wisdom that Cakir's interpretation of Nani's collision with Alvaro Arbeloa was wrong. That Nani's boot hit the Real Madrid full-back is a fact. The rest is a debate about the referee's judgment and in Keane's view: "I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It was dangerous play – it's a red card. You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself?"

When ITV first began the televised football revolution at the 1970 World Cup, Malcolm Allison, Pat Crerand, Bob McNab and Derek Dougan were known as opinionators not pundits. Over the past few years you cannot read anything about the BBC's coverage of football without reading a condemnation of how bland the punditry is and yet when Keane offers what we can only presume given his character is his honest opinion, he is attacked for supposed heresy against Manchester United and hypocrisy because he, too, was once sent off in debatable circumstances.

We know from his famous line about only dead fish going with the flow that he considers the contrarian stance is the honourable one. And while he may enjoy upsetting the cosiness of consensus there is no evidence that he was being insincere or spiteful. Indeed it is his sincerity and directness that makes him such a compelling television presence. If he really has "burned his bridges" with supporters who feel the load of one opinion they disagree with outweighs the substance of 12 years at Old Trafford, Wembley 1996, Anfield 1997, Turin 1999 and all that, well, frankly, good riddance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 pm 

Roy keane is alf haaland's bitch....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 am 

It pains me to agree with Keane but studs up chest high is dangerous play. Not knowing Arbeloa was there is not a defence. If i reverse over some kid in my car not knowing he was there would not be considered a defence either. fair dos to keane for saying what he thinks.

i still don't like him.