Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: England euro 2012.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 pm 

1st and 2nd yellow cards in the tournament to the same player. Sokratis Papapojapjslksadfiowjijelkjslkjdsflkjweoijflos sent off. Unjustly tbh....both cards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:56 pm 

O Blue wrote:
1st and 2nd yellow cards in the tournament to the same player. Sokratis Papapojapjslksadfiowjijelkjslkjdsflkjweoijflos sent off. Unjustly tbh....both cards.

Wrong thread... fuck it :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 am 

Wayne Rooney will be England's "ace in the hole" when he returns from suspension, according to Roy Hodgson, who wants an improvement "in the final third".

Is that like ace hole? :whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9327729/Euro-2012-England-manager-Roy-Hodgson-hails-striker-Wayne-Rooney-as-the-teams-ace-in-the-hole.html#

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm 

"I am the son
and the heir
of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
of nothing in particular"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:

"I am the son
and the hair
of a style that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 pm 

very good, bert. but you got the reference?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 am 

No but I had the jacket

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 am 

Imagine going to all that pain, trouble and expense to end up looking like that..bizarre..
:TopHat1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:52 am 

Fuckkkkkkkkkk

England bands back for the Sweden Game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 pm 

That glen Johnson is way better than Micah.........tw@!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 pm 

Did Ibrahimovic told Joe Hart "You re disgusting piece of s§$%?"

In the celeb scene when Sweden scored the second goal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 pm 

He did, he is mental and an asshole but it looked like Joe pushed Elmander and said something to him the moment before

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:14 am 

To blame for both sweden's goals?
Barna Azul wrote:
That glen Johnson is way better than Micah.........tw@!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 pm 

One thing I learned from the England game ... As much as a twat he is, Ibra is a ridiculously good player. Would much prefer to see him at City than RVP.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:07 pm 

cod head wrote:
One thing I learned from the England game ... As much as a twat he is, Ibra is a ridiculously good player. Would much prefer to see him at City than RVP.

As proven again last night, the bloke is full of himself and a twat. There is no way I'd want him anywhere near City.
Last night, due to the squad selected by Hodgson, part of me wanted England to lose, but due to Ibrahimovic, I am glad England put Sweden out.
I just hope he hasn't got much time left at the top level, as he is one of those big name players I cannot wait to see the back of.
Unfortunately, C Ronaldo still has some time to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
cod head wrote:

As proven again last night, the bloke is full of himself and a twat. There is no way I'd want him anywhere near City.
Last night, due to the squad selected by Hodgson, part of me wanted England to lose, but due to Ibrahimovic, I am glad England put Sweden out.
I just hope he hasn't got much time left at the top level, as he is one of those big name players I cannot wait to see the back of.
Unfortunately, C Ronaldo still has some time to go.

Utter concurrence frankie ....ibra is a utter twat, would much prefer the proven rvp if thats the case..
He would be more of a boat rocker than teveth, great player, strong powerful, made for the prem in a way, but no thankyou...

Greeks through, and czech's....
bit gutted for the jam rolls, seeing as most of them are in tescos in baugley right now doing their shopping, but still, good home crowd...

greeks.. no fucking way could they do another... :snooty:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 pm 

Yes, the FA have done it again. Pointless friendly 3 days before the season starts.

Three Lions to face Italy in Berne in August before classic with Scotland at Wembley in 2013

The FA is pleased to announce two high profile fixtures for the senior England team, against Italy later this year and Scotland in 2013.

As part of The FA’s 150th anniversary celebrations in 2013, England have confirmed they will once again play Scotland at Wembley, as they rekindle international football’s oldest rivalry.

The fixture is the first to be confirmed ahead of what will be a spectacular year of blue-chip international matches at Wembley, as well as further events around England to commemorate the landmark year.

The pair will play each other at Wembley on Wednesday 14 August 2013.

Before that England will play Italy in Berne, Switzerland, on Wednesday 15 August 2012. The game will be England’s first after the Euro 2012 tournament, and will act as a good warm-up ahead of the team’s World Cup qualifiers in September against Moldova and Ukraine.

England last played the Azzurri in 2002, losing 2-1 to them at Elland Road.

England manager Roy Hodgson said: “I am privileged to be manager of England at UEFA Euro 2012 and it will be another huge honour to lead our nation out against our oldest rivals. For us, England versus Scotland is one of the finest fixtures in international football and I know what this game means to both sets of supporters.

“It will be a fitting part of The FA’s 150th anniversary celebrations and the supporters, the team and my coaching staff all look forward to welcoming Scotland to Wembley Stadium next year.”

Scotland’s National Team Coach, Craig Levein, believes his squad will relish the challenge of this historic fixture.

He said: “For any Scotland supporter, player or coach, Scotland versus England is the ultimate contest: it really is as good as it gets. I am thrilled that we have reached agreement with The FA to play at Wembley as part of their 150th Anniversary celebrations and I am sure the supporters will be there in their tens of thousands.

“Our match against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium in London last year was a tremendous spectacle and I was overwhelmed by the support we had that day. This is an even more mouth-watering prospect for all concerned and the players will be desperate to record another famous victory at Wembley.

“It will also be the best test possible before we resume our FIFA World Cup Qualifying campaign next year.”

England and Scotland are international football’s oldest opponents. They met in the first official match ever played.

The original staging of this fixture took place at the ground of the West of Scotland Cricket Club at Partick, near Glasgow, on Saturday, 30 November 1872. In the previous month The FA Committee had formally agreed to send a representative team, “in order to further the interests of The Association in Scotland”.

Bell’s Life saw it as “one of the jolliest, one of the most spirited and most pleasant matches that has ever been played according to Association rules”. There was a crowd of nearly 4,000 and it finished in a 0-0 draw.

The teams have now met on 110 occasions, most recently in 1999 when Scotland won 1-0 in the second leg of a UEFA Euro 2000 Qualifying Play-Off at Wembley. England has won 45 times, Scotland 41 times and there have been 24 draws.

Scotland’s ‘Wembley Wizards’ were 5-1 winners in 1928 but an England side managed by Walter Winterbottom thumped the Scots 9-3, also at Wembley, to clinch the British Championship trophy in 1961. A colossal attendance of 149,547, still a British record, saw Scotland win 3-1 at Glasgow’s Hampden Park in 1937.

Further major home international matches are to be confirmed later this year, for 2013, a year in which Wembley will also welcome back the UEFA Champions League Final in May.

Ticket details for these fixtures will be announces in due course

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:

"I am the son
and the heir
of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir

I am human and i need to be loooved. Just like everybody else does.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 pm 

:clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next