Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Euro 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:39 am 

Why the hell were we trying to invade the pitch?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 am 

Heres the Full story.

UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association for the 'inappropriate conduct' of England supporters during the Euro 2012 match against Sweden.

[b]UEFA are looking into an attempted pitch invasion by England fans during Friday night's Group D match in Kiev, which England won 3-2 in the Olympic Stadium.

The case will be dealt with by UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body on Wednesday, June 20.

Investigation: Danny Welbeck celebrates in front of the England fans

England joined Group D leaders France on four points with the victory, which followed their 1-1 draw with Les Bleus in their opening match.

Euro 2012

In an entertaining encounter against the Swedes, Roy Hodgson's side took a 23rd-minute lead through Andy Carroll but then found themselves trailing 2-1 by the hour-mark after conceding twice in 10 minutes following half-time.

Glen Johnson's own goal brought the teams level before Olof Mellberg headed Sweden in front.

Back in the game: Theo Walcott made it 2-2

However, England were only behind for five minutes before replacement Theo Walcott fired in from the edge of the area to make it 2-2.

England then snatched all three points when Danny Welbeck cleverly turned in Walcott's cross to leave Hodgson's men needing only a draw from Tuesday's final Group D match against Ukraine to assure themselves of a place in the next round.

For Sweden, the result left them bottom of the standings with no points and ended their hopes of going through

Attempted and failed by the looks of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:38 pm 

Germany and Portugal through, Holland totally Hopeless.

£30 million for RVP Arsene?????? Take him for about 10 after that shocker.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
UEFA open disciplinary proceedings against the FA over conduct of England supporters during win over Sweden in Kiev.

Getting us done for trying to invade the pitch.

what are they going to do about the croatia fans and the banana thrown on the pitch at balo?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:09 am 

Good to see the Dutch prove that there are other teams as poor as the Irish.
Maybe Sweden can join this elite group?

As for the 'pitch invasion', why doesn't UEFA just do what they wanted to do all along, and just ban England? Would save all the fuss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:42 am 

Seems Walcott is struggling with an injury.

Young was quite shocking the other night, Maybe Downing will come in on the left.

Also the other day i'm sure i read that the Italian Manager was going to drop Balo today after a dissapointing opening 2 games, then how surprised i was this morning that he now seems to be carrying an injury anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:27 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Young was quite shocking the other night, Maybe Downing will come in on the left.

Also the other day i'm sure i read that the Italian Manager was going to drop Balo today after a dissapointing opening 2 games, then how surprised i was this morning that he now seems to be carrying an injury anyways.

Wasnt just Young, quite a number were poor.
I may be alone in this, but I really do not rate Welbeck. He runs like a headless chicken, most of the time displaying poor ball skills.
Glen Johnson was also not very good (Micah would have had a greater impact). But Milner wasnt very good was he?
TBH England were very lucky against Sweden, but they still need a result against Ukraine. Shevchenko will keep the england defence very busy.

The next round involving Germany v Greece could be made into something it ought not to be. I expect the press throughout Europe will be blowing it out of proportion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:37 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

I may be alone in this, but I really do not rate Welbeck. He runs like a headless chicken, most of the time displaying poor ball skills.
Glen Johnson was also not very good (Micah would have had a greater impact). But Milner wasnt very good was he?
TBH England were very lucky against Sweden, but they still need a result against Ukraine. Shevchenko will keep the england defence very busy.

The next round involving Germany v Greece could be made into something it ought not to be. I expect the press throughout Europe will be blowing it out of proportion.

This^^^.

Shevchenko could be out by all accounts - Knee problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:16 pm 

Denmark's Nicklas Bendtner banned for one game and fined €100,000 for showing off his "lucky" pants v Portugal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:45 pm 

Waheyyyy i made the BBC football page.

GET INVOLVED

Gary Parsons on Twitter: "Rooney on the bench and have him come on if needs be. Both Welbeck and Carroll have a goal to their name and should be confident.
"

Dave Titherington on Twitter: "Drop Ashley Young and play Rooney in midfield and continue with Carroll and Wellbeck up front."

Michael Chivala on Twitter: "Letting Rooney find his feet against Ukraine is better than throwing him in at the deep end in the QF. And also, he's quality."

Made the Big time!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 pm 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
Frank Blue wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

This^^^.

Shevchenko could be out by all accounts - Knee problem.

johnson was shite, full stop. sure that hart had saved that shot before johnson bellied it in, and sure as fuck that he was also the nearest defender to the swede that headed the ball in as well, stood flat footed like the c nt he is.

Gallagheresque wrote:
Denmark's Nicklas Bendtner banned for one game and fined €100,000 for showing off his "lucky" pants v Portugal

ridiculous. i really want to see what they are going to do about the croation fans now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

A hundred grand??!!! Fuck! Bad idea that was - wonder what would've happened if he'd got his willy out?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:38 pm 

There seems to be no uniformity to fins for players and clubs nowadays. €100k...? I bet he wasn't paid more than 20k. Maybe PP offered to pay any fine too, anyways, it's a silly amount.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm 

He's got every right to feel hard done by there. Did Stevie get a fine? Entire FAs get fined a fraction of that for their fans aiming monkey chants at black players. Absolutely no logic to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 pm 

For anyone interested, England presser in 5 minutes.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=201 ... index.html

Walcott fit, Fully fit squad

Roy Hodgson: "But I’ve made it clear Wayne Rooney will start the game.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:56 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Thankfully I think the people who make those decisions will look at his consistency in the premier league for the last 4 odd years and not a one off Holland match :doh:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 pm 

Silva Starts, Mario benched

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm 

Winston_Smith wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

Thankfully I think the people who make those decisions will look at his consistency in the premier league for the last 4 odd years and not a one off Holland match :doh:

But hopefully they will also look at his age, his injury record and the chances of him having as good a season as the last one next season if he should be playing for City.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm 

Tell you what, Corluka is having a brilliant game at center back against Spain. He's still FAF too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:34 pm 

Wahay! What a goal from Mario!!! :approve:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next