Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I'll reserve final judgement till I see David Silva in it. If it still looks shit after he's slung it on - a man who would look good in a bin liner - I'll join Danny in pooing myself on a train in protest. That'll show em.

We'll get the 17:35 Waterloo to Reading. Spot on. :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 pm 

The more I see it the more I don't like it. It seems to be a jersey that will look great with the rest of the kit, but on its own quite bland. In the photo with Aleks, it looked pretty classy.

I still love the away strip, but shorts/ socks could wreck it for me. Also I'd like us to keep the dark blue third kit with white shorts that we wore against Villa (and others?). Now THAT looked fucking ace.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
I'll reserve final judgement till I see David Silva in it. If it still looks shit after he's slung it on - a man who would look good in a bin liner - I'll join Danny in pooing myself on a train in protest. That'll show em.

Agreed..

Next seasons kit has to be special...why you ask..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9JyCzbBACw&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   

thanks for posting that, i was about to go to bed then watched that and 2 (more) beers later am rewatching every possible video to do with the win. still getting goosebumps and shedding a manly tear. weird that it was only a month ago it seems much longer than that.

this is my favourite video from the day it having been filmed in the waldorf which i was in

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
thanks for posting that, i was about to go to bed then watched that and 2 (more) beers later am rewatching every possible video to do with the win. still getting goosebumps and shedding a manly tear. weird that it was only a month ago it seems much longer than that.

this is my favourite video from the day it having been filmed in the waldorf which i was in

The most satisfying way to avoid work. Still watch the game (or skip to the last 20) every few days/ week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 am 

I think it looks ok, probably look better in the flesh. I like the collar but the change of badge colour does seem a bit unnecessary.

I am looking forward to the return of white shorts, and thus, a proper City kit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 pm 

Squidge wrote:
I think it looks ok, probably look better in the flesh. I like the collar but the change of badge colour does seem a bit unnecessary.

I am looking forward to the return of white shorts, and thus, a proper City kit.

Aye, only really the badge that i'm a bit cold on. Decent style and unfussy shirt tbf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 pm 

Just seen this

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:41 pm 

Gobby wrote:
Just seen this

This kit looks worse with every new 'leaked image' :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:47 pm 

Have to agree with ya on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm 

I still like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm 

I think it's stupid. Designed for players with nothing below the elbow? Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I think it's stupid. Designed for players with nothing below the elbow? Ridiculous.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:42 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:28 am 

Gobby wrote:
The more I see it the more I don't like it. It seems to be a jersey that will look great with the rest of the kit, but on its own quite bland. In the photo with Aleks, it looked pretty classy.

I still love the away strip, but shorts/ socks could wreck it for me. Also I'd like us to keep the dark blue third kit with white shorts that we wore against Villa (and others?). Now THAT looked fucking ace.

I would imagine this season's away kit (red/black) will become the third kit.

If Balotelli scores on Sunday, I'll buy the home kit (with Balotelli on the back) as the man will have made me more than the cost of the shirt in bet-winnings. Otherwise I'll give it a miss - I'm still in love with the first Umbro kit tbh, it gets worn fairly often.

Watching that Aguero goal again, I still get all tingly. I don't think that'll ever get old.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm 

I still get a slight lurch in my stomach as he takes it passed Taiwo, like he might miss or something. Silly. Don't think there'll ever be a more important or dramatic goal scored by a City player, unless someone bags a goal in the last minute of a CL final against the rags...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:12 am 

I still get a slight lurch in my stomach as he takes it passed Taiwo, like he might miss or something. Silly. Don't think there'll ever be a more important or dramatic goal scored by a City player, unless someone bags a goal in the last minute of a CL final against the rags...

its friday 1am, im mooching through stuff on my hard drive media player..
i see MOTD , and stick it on and relive that moment. And i feel the same way..i get a little panicky that he might miss....

i saw a rag who i have a banter with yesterday who has been avoiding me since that day..and soon as he saw me, he smiled , and i just said "agueroooooooooooo!!!!" in a martin tyler stylie at him..
oh the joy....

The new shirt, ain't doing it for me, i may feel different when i see proper..but i ain't bought one for 2 seasons anyway...
but the maroon away top if it is..oh yes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 am 

good lads, just found myself rereading match reports and also wikipedia articles about our ownership situation since 2007. it's still not sunk in. we had fucking robinho. now we're league champions and we won the fa cup last year. tee hee hee hee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 am 

Gobby wrote:
Just seen this

Gobby wrote:
HOME

Don't look like the same shirt to me. On the 'Silva' photo, the 'v' of the collar seems too stretched out, the sponsor logo seems glossier and the club crest and Umbro logo seem too high. Not convinced it has the same stitching either (around the sleeves). Maybe it's just because it's being 'modelled' but I think the Silva one is fake.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:24 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnybndhYgXw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   

The above is the best video from the last day of season, in my opinion. It's from the bar over the road from Mary D's.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Don't look like the same shirt to me. On the 'Silva' photo, the 'v' of the collar seems too stretched out, the sponsor logo seems glossier and the club crest and Umbro logo seem too high. Not convinced it has the same stitching either (around the sleeves). Maybe it's just because it's being 'modelled' but I think the Silva one is fake.

Has anyone ever told you you're a massive spod?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next