Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: City 2012/13 kit leaked
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:38 am 

Found a couple link with our proposed home and away kits for the 12/13 season.

HOME

AWAY

I quite like the away kit. As one of the links say, a nice homage to the '56 away strip. The home one is a little plain, but classy, imo.

http://lessoninpride.blogspot.com.au/20 ... -kits.html
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/12/ ... eaked.html
http://mancity.fr/article.php?ar_id=320 (in french)

Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 am 

If these are genuine, I like the away too. The home one, why the black? Where is the gold, weird. Plane is fine but too much black. City have never used black (from memory).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:37 am 

The crest looks like the one on the club suit

For what it's worth, I think they look cheap so possibly fake. I do like the colour of the away shirt, though

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:43 am 

It's looking increasingly like they may be the actual shirts.

I don't mind either. I didn't buy last year's because I wasn't too keen but if these are the ones then I may have to get one, maybe the away.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 am 

Don't like them at all. The black is too much IMO...it clashes and just looks bad and I don't like the black and white crest either. The color of the away kit is decent but the design isn't. The combination of color and design makes it look like an 80's Russian gymnast kit (first thing I thought of after seeing it :cool: )

Can't we just keep the black and red kit from this season or the white with the diagonal line......those are excellent. :approve:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 am 

O Blue wrote:
Don't like them at all. The black is too much IMO...it clashes and just looks bad and I don't like the black and white crest either. The color of the away kit is decent but the design isn't. The combination of color and design makes it look like an 80's Russian gymnast kit (first thing I thought of after seeing it :cool: )

Can't we just keep the black and red kit from this season or the white with the diagonal line......those are excellent. :approve:

The black and red kit is liable to be our third kit - that's what happened last year. Home shirt looks OK in my view - crest would maybe be better if the white was just sky blue (i.e. the black section is the only part stitched on). There is a precedent for the dark collar - 1989:

I've seen enough photos of that design (including worn by Kolorov) to believe it is legit. The best thing about recent kits (I'm thinking back to the first could of Umbro home shirts in particular) was the material and the fit - those features appear to be maintained. The shirt is pretty much just sky blue with not much by the way of artistic 'flourish' - that's fine by me.

I'll reserve judgement on the away kit until I see someone wearing it. You can see from the seams that it's another 'tailored' fit so it should look decent worn. The purple/gold contrast is nice.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am 

Really like them. Not sure about the website address going across them but other than that they've been impressive.

Chalk another design success up for Umbro. Be a shame when we hae the Nike tick there instead but there you go.

The home one will be back to white shorts too, thankfully. The blue shorts were never right.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:32 am 

Squidge wrote:
Really like them. Not sure about the website address going across them but other than that they've been impressive.

Chalk another design success up for Umbro. Be a shame when we hae the Nike tick there instead but there you go.

The home one will be back to white shorts too, thankfully. The blue shorts were never right.

Did this really bother you? I can honestly say that at no stage during any match did I give it a second thought.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am 

Nor me. Further to that squidge you're not right. :mad:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:51 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
O Blue wrote:

The black and red kit is liable to be our third kit - that's what happened last year. Home shirt looks OK in my view - crest would maybe be better if the white was just sky blue (i.e. the black section is the only part stitched on). There is a precedent for the dark collar - 1989:

I've seen enough photos of that design (including worn by Kolorov) to believe it is legit. The best thing about recent kits (I'm thinking back to the first could of Umbro home shirts in particular) was the material and the fit - those features appear to be maintained. The shirt is pretty much just sky blue with not much by the way of artistic 'flourish' - that's fine by me.

I'll reserve judgement on the away kit until I see someone wearing it. You can see from the seams that it's another 'tailored' fit so it should look decent worn. The purple/gold contrast is nice.

the black and red kit is reduced to £15 so not sure it will be the third kit tbf, would be an odd move to reduce by that much if that were the third kit.

also did't like the blue shorts. we're not coventry.

these kits look nice. misgivings about the black collar and monochrome badge, but like the away kit.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
the black and red kit is reduced to £15 so not sure it will be the third kit tbf, would be an odd move to reduce by that much if that were the third kit.

also did't like the blue shorts. we're not coventry.

these kits look nice. misgivings about the black collar and monochrome badge, but like the away kit.

Gotta make room for the ones with gold badges :TopHat2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 am 

It was never a pressing concern during matches, of course not, but City shouldn't have blue shorts. We're blue and white. As GA says, they were far too Coventry-esque.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am 

I love the away one. Really love it. But the home one would be better with white instead of black, then a gold badge and sponsor. Champions, init?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 pm 

I agree with fat squid, the shorts should be white.

Also, the 3rd kit is a black/charcoal affair that will be released for the CL.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm 

Paddington Blue wrote:
I agree with fat squid, the shorts should be white.

Also, the 3rd kit is a black/charcoal affair that will be released for the CL.

So sort of like the Napoli away strip?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm 

speaking of new kits by Umbro/Nike... look at this monstrosity. Terrible... even worse than the rags new kit. We're going to have really shit kits next season :(

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:42 pm 

O Blue wrote:
speaking of new kits by Umbro/Nike... look at this monstrosity. Terrible... even worse than the rags new kit. We're going to have really shit kits next season :(

That just reminds me of the England Rugby Sevens shirt.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
O Blue wrote:

That just reminds me of the England Rugby Sevens shirt.

Reminds me of

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:04 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
If these are genuine, I like the away too. The home one, why the black? Where is the gold, weird. Plane is fine but too much black. City have never used black (from memory).

We wore black when we were St Marks (West Gorton)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:16 pm 

this

and a mock up i found of a puma kit emulating it