Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 am 

Seems Gobby was right

Does he own this sports shop?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... alian-shop

Also: £63! :eek:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:47 am 

Not a fan of the dark collar. Will probably change my mind once I see it stretched over Vinny's torso.

BRB.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am 

I do not like the black badge or collar. Even if I did I wouldn't buy one. /unaffected

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 am 

looks more like a training top tbh, why they've got a mono-tone badge i don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 am 

Isn't that just the camera and the angle making it look black?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 am 

I don't like it. There is no need for a black and white crest and the black collar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 am 

O Blue wrote:
I don't like it. There is no need for a black and white crest and the black collar.

There is no need for anything other than a blue shirt with a white collar and the city crest on it. Releasing the same shirt year-on-year doesn't tend to sell quite as much as introducing a new design every season though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 am 

I don't think the picture does much for it - looks like it's hanging up in some second hand shop. Bit concerned about the material, shapeless as, couple of washes and it'd be all over you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am 

It looks hapless and frumpy. I hate it, hate everything about it. It gives me the motivation to punch my fat colleague in the head, like just get up walk on over and punch her square in the back of the head, and when she comes around I'll refuse to apologise. Won't even accept that I had done it. Just continue working, and supping my coffee.

It also makes me want to shart on the train home. As in shart in my beige chinos while sitting down, and then wait til it seeps through and then stand and make a big fuss about what a mess I've made and the smell and how it's really embarrassing. But it's not. It's what I want. Public self deprecation, and defecation.

That's how that shirt makes me feel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 am 

pics?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 am 

O Blue wrote:

Same here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
pics?

The answer is hemorrhoids

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:28 pm 

Im not sold on these, leaked pics, its foolish at best to have them in a shop in dingoland, before they land in manchester..

no sir......i don't like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm 

I think the shirt looks OK. For obvious reasons they have to change it each year (nowt we can do to stop that happening) and there are only a limited amount of changes you can make to them. I didn't like this year's shirt but it didn't bother me, I just didn't buy it.

I like the collar shape and the black badge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
I think the shirt looks OK. For obvious reasons they have to change it each year (nowt we can do to stop that happening) and there are only a limited amount of changes you can make to them. I didn't like this year's shirt but it didn't bother me, I just didn't buy it.

I didn't like last season's kit either - the two in the seasons preceding were far better (particularly the first Umbro one with the round white collar). I think we've had a fair number of decent away kits of late though - can't think of an Umbro away kit I didn't like really.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

I didn't like last season's kit either - the two in the seasons preceding were far better (particularly the first Umbro one with the round white collar). I think we've had a fair number of decent away kits of late though - can't think of an Umbro away kit I didn't like really.

I dont mind this kit. The problem is the season after this coming one, with Nike. Nike have just screwed Umbro over and have cherry picked what they want. Built up the City brand with Umbro and then move it to Nike and then dump Umbro.
Judging by the Nike shirts in general over the period Nike has been involved in football have they ever made a decent and original kit?), I think we as fans will have fond memories even of this last Umbro kit in years to come.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 pm 

I'll reserve final judgement till I see David Silva in it. If it still looks shit after he's slung it on - a man who would look good in a bin liner - I'll join Danny in pooing myself on a train in protest. That'll show em.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I'll reserve final judgement till I see David Silva in it. If it still looks shit after he's slung it on - a man who would look good in a bin liner - I'll join Danny in pooing myself on a train in protest. That'll show em.

Agreed..

Next seasons kit has to be special...why you ask..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9JyCzbBACw&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:29 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:

Agreed..

Next seasons kit has to be special...why you ask..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9JyCzbBACw&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   

Proper goose bumps. It'll never be as good as that again. Ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

The first umbro kit is the best of the modern era. I still wear mine. What a proper shirt should be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next