Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Capital One cup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 pm 

2-1 ..and HA... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 pm 

How sad.

Do away goals count double in this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
How sad.

Do away goals count double in this?

you know what mate, i have no idea..

It was funny to see taggart and bobby at the final whistle...didn't look best pleased. :approve:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm 

Away goals count after extra time

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 pm 

ev idently they only count if a draw after extra time in second leg.

I hope someone explains this to manuel beforehand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:24 pm 

Gollum blaming the officials tonight for the loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 pm 

the apprentice has learned that lesson well.

was having this conversation earlier, this munich team is a bit of a disgrace really. bacon face left moyes with a shite or aging squad, they have three players that i'd say were actually of "united" quality, and one of them is an 18 year old debutant this season. some of the rest of the squad are what would have passed for squad players in past years - nicky butt quality, that kind of level - but are nailed on first teamers with the current selection. there are a few that may make the bench at other top four clubs, then most of the rest of them are barely fit for a mid table team, and i think a couple would be better placed at some relegation battling shit hole like palace. that old scots cunt must've sold his soul to beelzebub to drag them to the title last year... ah no, actually that was down to van rapists goals actually, and with him injured for a significant chunk of the season that's the difference we're seeing.

i'm not saying i'm not enjoying it, but i think i would actually take more pleasure from dicking a decent united team than this cruel imitation playing in the same shirts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 am 

Meh. Moyes looks well in over his head. Convinced the world he did a great job at Everton with no money, which was never the case. Regardless of the quality in that squad, he has a team that won the league by 11 points last year. They shouldn't be midtable now.

A disastrous transfer window when all their rivals made significant improvments has seriously weakened their chances of doing much this year.

He sounds fucking deluded after every defeat now. His interviews are as removed from reality as Dalglish's were when he was in the midst of setting the Scousers back by about five years.

Obviously they may turn it round sooner rather than later but fuck me this is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:32 am 

Love Charlton's little shake of the head.. nothing to be said.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 am 

Can't stand all this talk about what a genius Fergiescum is for winning the league with that team last season - it shouldn't be forgotten how fucking lucky they were in the vast majority of games they played, how shite they were, how often they scraped a jammy goal in time added onto time added on, and how many shit referee decisions they benefitted from (far more than they've suffered from this year), how many time the opposition hit the woodwork in any one game. They got lucky is all. Fuck them, they were just as shit last season but they're not getting the help from refs and deflected last minute goals anymore. They might as well stick with Gollum as no-one else will be able to do any better with such a mediocre team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Can't stand all this talk about what a genius Fergiescum is for winning the league with that team last season - it shouldn't be forgotten how fucking lucky they were in the vast majority of games they played, how shite they were, how often they scraped a jammy goal in time added onto time added on, and how many shit referee decisions they benefitted from (far more than they've suffered from this year), how many time the opposition hit the woodwork in any one game. They got lucky is all. Fuck them, they were just as shit last season but they're not getting the help from refs and deflected last minute goals anymore. They might as well stick with Gollum as no-one else will be able to do any better with such a mediocre team.

:D :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:

he's in his element, managing a mediocre team with fuck all resources for buying players.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:04 am 

I'm enjoying this at the minute, but I still get the feeling they'll do the usual and scrape back into contention by the skin of their teeth. If they don't though, as Couldy recently said, they're properly fucked. That's when the enjoyment will really begin. :TopHat1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 am 

Bastard wrote:
I'm enjoying this at the minute, but I still get the feeling they'll do the usual and scrape back into contention by the skin of their teeth. If they don't though, as Couldy recently said, they're properly fucked. That's when the enjoyment will really begin. :TopHat1

All of this. If Moyes does not turn it around and is sacked, who would take the role? It's a poisoned chalice, there are few valid contenders for the job inheriting a shit team and let's face it, how on earth can you be a 'success' compared to previous. united fans expect the treble every season.

They are fingered, it is glorious to watch. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 am 

Capello in the summer. Major fucking rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 pm 

They have been punching above their weight for the last 3 seasons or so, like it or not bacon face got a lot out of mediocre and old players. How they ever won the league last year with the team they had is a joke. We were poor, but so were the other teams challenging. This year the combination of Bacon face going and lack of decent signings, they will struggle to get a CL spot next season!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm 

Nice to know their worst player is still finding time to behave like a complete cunt - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... utfit.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 pm 

Daft Bugger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:09 pm 

Bastard wrote:

I think you'll find that was me! :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 pm 

That bollox Couldy thought he was God..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next