Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 am 

The girlfriend told me a good one a while back that she heard off a workmate.

Apparently her mate at work knows a family with a young child, about a year-18 months old. Anyway one evening the parents go out for the evening leaving their young one in the hands of the trusted local babysitter. Before they leave the mother had gotten the kid off to sleep so all that was left for the baby sitter to do was keep a listen out for the baby and look after the house while their out.

Shortly after they leave the kid starts crying so the babysitter goes up stairs calms her down and gets her off to sleep again. All's well for a while until the baby starts crying again, again the babysitter goes up stairs and gets her back to sleep. This time no sooner has she got down the stairs the baby starts crying again. Feeling a bit out of her depth the babysitter calls the parents to let them know the baby won't settle. In conversation with the mother she remembers breifly seeing a life size clown in the corner of the room, a bit spooky looking and thinks it might be upsetting the baby. She tells the mother this and after a deathly pause the mother tells the baby sitter they do not own a toy clown.

Anyway the sitter ran back to the room grabbed the baby and ran striaght out the house to a neighbours. They call the police who came round and find some nut, who had recently escaped from a mental house, sitting in the baby's room dressed as a clown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:38 am 

That can't be true. It just can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 am 

she swears it true,tuck me a while TBH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 am 

Going back to about 95, me and my family went away down south, anyways we went out for a walk as yer do and there was some church that me mam took a photo of.We got the photos developed of our holiday we looked through them as yer do, and we come to this photo that was just purely of a field and nothing else and this photo was of the church that me mam took yet the church wasn't there but just a pure field. wierd shit that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:45 am 

When I was a little girl, we'd bought a house in California. The telly started fucking up one day and wouldn't get a signal. Then I started to hear voices coming through the TV that nobody else in my family could hear. One night all the house shook and stuff broke and it was all these ghosts coming into the house through the telly. They caused fucking havoc and we had to get Tangina to come in and make the house clean.

"This house is clean."

Spooked us all out a bit to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 am 

oh and this, btw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babysitter_and_the_Man_Upstairs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 am 

Bastard wrote:
When I was a little girl, we'd bought a house in California. The telly started fucking up one day and wouldn't get a signal. Then I started to hear voices coming through the TV that nobody else in my family could hear. One night all the house shook and stuff broke and it was all these ghosts coming into the house through the telly. They caused fucking havoc and we had to get Tangina to come in and make the house clean.

"This house is clean."

you always get 1 dont you:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 am 

Well done on officially debunking an obviously false tale there Bastard. The gf told me some ridiculous story yesterday then got in a huff when I said it sounded like a lie

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 am 

Me and a group of mates were on a stag doo in the Algarve in Portugal a few years ago, had a great time but the most bizarre thing happened. We were all messed up on booze and one of the dudes decided it’d be fun to spike all our drinks with a roofy, so we don’t remember owt until when we woke up....and in our apartment was a baby. No one had any idea what the fuck, so anyways this mini-police investigation broke out we assume about this kid but we didn’t want to get nicked so on the last day we just left her with the maintenance guy who seemed a nice bloke, we then drove back to Faro and flew home. I remember feeling horrible all day too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am 

No clues once you had your photos developed? If that's a true story then it's fucking scary

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Me and a group of mates were on a stag doo in the Algarve in Portugal a few years ago, had a great time but the most bizarre thing happened. We were all messed up on booze and one of the dudes decided it’d be fun to spike all our drinks with a roofy, so we don’t remember owt until when we woke up....and in our apartment was a baby. No one had any idea what the fuck, so anyways this mini-police investigation broke out we assume about this kid but we didn’t want to get nicked so on the last day we just left her with the maintenance guy who seemed a nice bloke, we then drove back to Faro and flew home. I remember feeling horrible all day too....

Is that true?? Sounds a bit like "The Hangover" to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am 

I dont believe in ghosts etc. It's all a load of crap. Once your dead, your dead. fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 am 

the clown/babysitter story is from the film 'amusement' :cool:

sort of...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:12 am 

I was once working as a hotel caretaker over the winter months in Colerado. I spent the months slowly going fucking nuts. I was supposed to be using the time writing a novel but all I did was type out thousands of pages saying:

"All work and no play makes Slart a dull boy".

I then went apeshit and tried to kill my ugly wife and freaky kid with an axe. I chased them through a maze in the snow but ironically it was only me who popped his clogs.

I am writing this from the inside of a photograph on a wall in the Overlook Hotel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 am 

A bloke I used to know played bass in a local indie band. One day they got a new guitarist who realised that my mate was fucking wank at playing bass so he got sacked. He was fucking livid let me tell you and swore to get revenge. Everything seemed fine for a couple of months and the band had a gig at Jackson's Pit in oldham one night. After the gig the band were packing their gear up when my mate turned up with a can of petrol in his hand. He threw petrol all over the place and all over himself then set himself on fire . The whole room caught alight and the band ran to the doors to try to escape but my mate had chained them up and they couldn't get out. The building burnt to the ground with them all inside it. Nobody got out alive.

A year or so later a couple of shops had been built on the site of Jackson's Pit. Me and Martin Coogan, ex-singer of The Mock Turtles hired one of the shops to open a small haberdashery. We'd been in a few days when weird things started happening. When I was stocktaking alone one night I heard a bass guitar playing a dull, plodding indie bassline. The next night Martin could smell kerbab farts really strongly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am 

boac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am 

slart wrote:
I chased them through a maze in the snow but ironically it was only me who popped his clogs.

:mad:

I fucking hate it when that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 am 

Bastard wrote:
:mad:

I fucking hate it when that happens.

I'm not sure what it was that got me in the end. It was either the frostbite or the overacting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 am 

slart wrote:
I'm not sure what it was that got me in the end. It was either the frostbite or the overacting.

Just be thankful you weren't still around to fall into a VAT of mysterious chemicals at Axis Chemicals in 1989. Could have caused weird facial disfigurations and overacting on a previously unseen scale.

Sounds like you had a narrow escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 am 

When I was about 15 we used to break in to this huge old dance hall that had been turned in to 3 story rollerskate park, it was closed down and derelict so we used to skateboard there, was ace and made better with the element of danger as we had to break in. One time we stayed late and it was getting dark, on the corner of the building was the grand staircase that ran the 3 stories. The others were already upstairs and I went for a piss or sumpin and then sauntered up, turned the corner and sitting on the staircase there was a young girl in a old style dress, she was crying in to her hands. As I came round I kinda startled her and she looked up, eyes went wide and she screamed so loudly and then disappeared in to thin air. Frightened hell out of me. The others didn’t believe me but I know what I saw.