Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:37 pm 

Am i completely missing something here on Nedum????

He's not a bad player is he and very quick to, Surely a decent stand in whilst Kolo is away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 pm 

Giving Ned away on a free transfer is the stupidest thing I've heard since Tres last said something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm 

MWahahahahaahaha

Queens Park Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes has cooled rumours of a sensational swoop for want-away Manchester City star Carlos Tevez.

Mega-rich Rangers are set to invest heavily in their playing squad during the January transfer window as they aim to avoid Premier League relegation.

Tevez played under new boss Mark Hughes at City, while the Argentine's advisor Kia Joorabchian is also Hughes's agent.

"You never know - but it's highly unlikely," Fernandes told 5 live.

Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

"He's one of the most highly-paid players in the Premier League and I think his mind is to go to another country."

But Fernandes, who completed his takeover of the west London club just days before the August transfer window closed, wants to bring in fresh blood immediately.

Rangers currently sit fourth-bottom of the Premier League having failed to win in their last eight matches.

"I would like to do business as soon as possible," said the 47-year-old. "We have been affected by the African Cup of Nations, the suspension of Joey Barton and the injury blow for Ale Faurlin.

"But we've got to make sure we get the right people at the right price.

"We've still got 20 days, which is a luxury. We had seven days last time."
HUGHES' START AS QPR BOSS

Fernandes plans to discuss transfer targets with Hughes, who was announced as Neil Warnock's replacement on Tuesday, following the Welshman's first training session on Wednesday morning.

The Malaysian businessman describes former Fulham boss Hughes' appointment at Loftus Road as a "match made in heaven".

"He had a burning ambition to prove to the world what he was capable of," added Fernandes. "He saw our ambition as well. Money cannot buy ambition.

"So it was one plus one equals two and that's where we went."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

He's not a bad player is he and very quick to, Surely a decent stand in whilst Kolo is away.

conk

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Being 'not bad' isn't good enough. Hes to the age he needs to be playing football in a first team. I like Ned but Mancio hardly does and in all fairness he'd be nothing but a squad player/bench warmer. I'd prefer our benched players be young guys who will improve and get a place (savic) or older guys with experience (k toure).

Post subject: Re: Hughes
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 pm 

Must be hanging by a thread now, another loss, rock bottom. 12 summer signings or something. How much latitude will he get.
must be odds on...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Giving Ned away on a free transfer is the stupidest thing I've heard since Tres last said something.

Never the same player after his long layoff. He is crap now I'm sad to say. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 pm 

Tresidentevil wrote:
I'd prefer our benched players be young guys who will improve and get a place (savic).

Lol classic tres'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm 

Hernandez on for Young

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm 

2-0!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm 

2-1 Here we go.

2-2 Fuck it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 pm 

3-2 Hernandez hat-trick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm 

Whooops........

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm 

cod head wrote:
Possibly sign Maicon at right back?
from Dec 2009
Nostradamus eat your heart out! :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:34 pm 

Squidge wrote:

:D

It sounds like it's done doesn't it? He's a gonner. I'm disappointed i must say. Congratulations to the Hughes out brigade, you have won your battle. Now we start again.

Assuming Mancini comes in he has my full support. I have to say though, bringin him in until the end of season, as is rumoured, seems weird. If they want a manager 'til the end of the season.....Mark Hughes! Crazy idea i know.

I feel for Hughes. He'll almost certainly never get another opportunity like this, the kind of funds he has available with us and to be at the very start of a massive, exciting rebuilding process. He has brought some brilliant players to the club. Can't help but feel it is the defensive frailties that have done for him.

I also feel sorry that he won't get to manage the semi-final. He has taken us to our first semi-final in an age, against United, and won't get to manage it. Sad.

SSN nows saying Mancini will get a three year deal. Odds he'll see it out? :rolleyes:

Good luck Hughes, i hope he gets a decent Prem job sooner rather than later and makes a success of it.

HA! going through old threads is hilarious.

Will Mancini see out his contract? :rolleyes:

I hope this is a good lesson for the other premier league clubs regarding hiring hughes. Except the rags... I do hope that will happen once red nose is gone. Either Hughes or Bruce. That would be great.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 pm 

O Blue wrote:
Squidge wrote:

It sounds like it's done doesn't it? He's a gonner. I'm disappointed i must say. Congratulations to the Hughes out brigade, you have won your battle. Now we start again.

Assuming Mancini comes in he has my full support. I have to say though, bringin him in until the end of season, as is rumoured, seems weird. If they want a manager 'til the end of the season.....Mark Hughes! Crazy idea i know.

I feel for Hughes. He'll almost certainly never get another opportunity like this, the kind of funds he has available with us and to be at the very start of a massive, exciting rebuilding process. He has brought some brilliant players to the club. Can't help but feel it is the defensive frailties that have done for him.

I also feel sorry that he won't get to manage the semi-final. He has taken us to our first semi-final in an age, against United, and won't get to manage it. Sad.

SSN nows saying Mancini will get a three year deal. Odds he'll see it out? :rolleyes:

Good luck Hughes, i hope he gets a decent Prem job sooner rather than later and makes a success of it.

I hope this is a good lesson for the other premier league clubs regarding hiring hughes. Except the rags... I do hope that will happen once red nose is gone. Either Hughes or Bruce. That would be great.

I think Hughes should try and get a job abroad, Spain ideally. He needs to get out of the limelight and develop his skills. He has abilities but is suffering under the weight of how good he has purported himself to be (plus a load of shit results - but 12 players in close season, what a tit). I'm sure Spain would think highly of him due to his successful spell with Barcelona and the guy seems an eager learner. He could come back reinvigorated and with a much improved skill set.

Basically he needs to find himself again

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 am 

afterburn wrote:
cod head wrote:
Possibly sign Maicon at right back?
from Dec 2009
Nostradamus eat your heart out! :clap:

Yeah, I'm God. Yeah/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:54 pm 

cooder wrote:
O Blue wrote:
Squidge wrote:

I think Hughes should try and get a job abroad, Spain ideally. He needs to get out of the limelight and develop his skills. He has abilities but is suffering under the weight of how good he has purported himself to be (plus a load of shit results - but 12 players in close season, what a tit). I'm sure Spain would think highly of him due to his successful spell with Barcelona and the guy seems an eager learner. He could come back reinvigorated and with a much improved skill set.

Basically he needs to find himself again

he needs to work with fuck all budget and realise that he is good at that, building a team from scraps and making them believe they are better than they should be. as it is he gets stuck, along with the players he signs, believing he is better than results would suggest.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm 

He should go the championship; Blackburn to be precise, to start over...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:01 pm 

The last couple of months, every time they've shown Hughes on the touchline, he's looked bewildered, lost and clueless....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next