Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Joey The Barton
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm 

Joey Le Barton
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/vir ... by65MBO.01

:TopHat1

llollz
What a twat..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 pm 

Damn it beat me to it.

I'm in stitches here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm 

Trading insults with Didi... :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... ml?start=1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 pm 

Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann trade insults in vicious Twitter row• Hamann accuses Barton of showing a lack of respect
• Barton calls former team-mate a 'maggot' and 'dog'
Share 88
inShare.0Email Sachin Nakrani
guardian.co.uk, Monday 14 January 2013 23.08 GMT
Joey Barton during his time at Manchester City - he spent a season at the club playing alongside Dietmar Hamann. Photograph: Jon Super/AP
They were once team-mates at Manchester City but now Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann have become Twitter enemies following a lengthy, vicious and, at times, hilarious row between the pair on the social media site.

The spat kicked off after Barton sent out a tweet in which he claimed his Marseille team-mate Loïc Rémy had "signed for QPR". Barton being Barton, however, he could not leave it there and, querying why the France forward had appeared to have pulled out of a long-mooted move to Newcastle, he added: "probably Llambas [sic] again!" in reference to the north-east club's managing director, Derek Llambias.

Bringing back memories of his days at Liverpool, Hamann then stuck the boot in, telling Barton to "do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitment".

Bringing back memories of his days at most of the clubs he has played for, Barton launched back aggressively, tweeting: "trying to give me stick you cheeky man. Get your own life in order first... #peopleinglasshouses".

Back came Hamann with: "I never said a bad word about my ex clubs and I never will as that's called respect and dignity Joseph. You got a lot to learn", before Barton went in two-footed with: "what about they way I seen you prepare for a game. That dignified? Worst pro I've ever seen Youve got more front than Harrods" and "only cos your trying your b*llocks off to get a job now your skint. Don't try a be all self righteous u blert. I know u!"

Hamann, who played with Barton at City during the 2006-2007 season, has admitted in the past to having a gambling problem that "one night cost me over £200,000" and, during Monday evening's Twitter row, admitted he "loved a pint", but he denied other, stronger accusations from Barton, instead telling his one-time City team-mate to "light a candle for [Tony] Fernandes [the QPR chairman] and Llambias every day for paying you that money".

To that, Barton replied with: "Not having idiots like you talking like u actually have a clue!", having challenged Hamann, in the same tweet, to "have it out publicly".

Showing a tad more class, Hamann responded with: "The problem is that you think because you play in France you think you are an international player #farfromit".

The argument ran on and on, with Barton calling Hamann a "maggot" and the former Germany international sarcastically referring to the Huyton-born 30-year-old as an "England international". In total, there were more than 50 tweets exchanged between the pair, with Barton's final message containing the sort of crass oddness he has become renowned for using on Twitter: "Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that. But never let a dog try to tell u its not a dog an that u are! A dogs a fucking dog..."

To that, Hamann's replied with: "I'm chuffed to be a dog in your eyes ... i hope you can look in the mirror tomorrow".

The world awaits the next instalment of this 140-character slag-off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 pm 

Isnt his ban up now? Or is he no longer with QPR at all?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm 

loan i think

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:43 pm 

he really is a over inflated walking ego ..
He's basically calling didi a coke head...
well i bet he can score better ching than you barton... :TopHat1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
He's basically calling didi a coke head...

and a glue sniffer. and a "biffa" smoker.

Didi sounds like he knows how to party! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm 

Quote:
Joey Barton ordered by Marseille to stop abusing Thiago Silva on Twitter• Barton labelled PSG defender a 'ladyboy'
• PSG threatening to take action against midfielder
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 April 2013 01.18 BST
PSG threaten legal action over Joey Barton's tweets Marseille have apologised to Paris Saint-Germain and ordered their midfielder Joey Barton to end his Twitter attack on Thiago Silva, in which he likened the club's Brazilian defender to an "overweight ladyboy".

In a series of tweets published through his official account, the on-loan Queens Park Rangers player questioned whether Thiago Silva was "pre-op or post-op" and demanded an explanation as to why the 28-year-old had mentioned him before Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Barcelona.

Marseille issued a statement on their club website, om.net, apologising for Barton's remarks and promising an immediate end to the episode.

It read: "Olympique de Marseille and Joey Barton are keen to apologise to Thiago Silva and his club for the inappropriate comments made by the English player on social networks during the past 36 hours.

"This morning, the management asked Joey Barton to put an end to the attack on PSG's Brazilian defender. The Marseille midfielder pledged to immediately cease the posting of anything derogatory about Thiago Silva."

The Ligue 1 leaders PSG on Wednesday evening expressed their unhappiness with Barton's "unacceptable remarks" and threatened to "take action" against the former England international.
Joey Barton, left, is in trouble for his Twitter comments about Thiago Silva, right. Photograph: Afp/AFP/Getty Images A statement published on psg.fr read: "In the last few hours, on social networks, unacceptable remarks have been made by Olympique Marseille player Joey Barton against Paris St-Germain player Thiago Silva.

"These attacks are serious and go beyond mere verbal jousting. The directors of the club, the players and the coaching staff are supportive of Thiago Silva and cannot accept such statements.

"They reaffirm their unwavering commitment to the values of respect that should govern our sport.

"Thiago Silva and Paris St-Germain reserve the right to take any action they deem necessary."

The series of tweets against Thiago Silva began to appear on Barton's account from Tuesday afternoon.

Barton originally tweeted: "Thiago Silva. That the same pussy thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy..."

The Liverpudlian was responding negatively to comments from Thiago Silva ahead of Tuesday night's game between PSG and Barcelona at the Parc des Princes, which finished 2-2.

Barton continued tweeting during the game, adding: "Have to take back what I said about Thiago Silva being over rated today. Been immense tonight. Still looks like a overweight ladyboy though!"

On Wednesday morning he wrote: "2 questions for Thiago Silva. Firstly, Why are YOU talking about ME, in your press conference before PSG v Barca? Very strange.

"Secondly, Are you Pre-Op or Post-Op? #transsexual #thiagosaladyboy.

"Baffles me, which way he's going. Is he a man changing to a woman or a woman changing to a man? Can't work it out."

Speaking to L'Equipe on Monday, Silva had said: "There is a Marseille player, I cannot remember his name, an Englishman, who has said bad things about Neymar and Brazilian football, and also about [David] Beckham and [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic.

"Because no one is talking about him, it seems it is fun for him to criticise great players for people to know he exists."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:34 pm 

That last line sums it up pretty well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9