Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:03 pm 
the ghost of gibbi wrote:
So if Dunney Micah Elano Petrov and Johnno all went, you wouldn't care???

I'd think less of them as players is what I'm saying. Of course I'd care. I'd care a lot but I, unlike them, would not go running to another club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:03 pm 

King of the North Stand wrote:
He's gotta think about whats more important. Sacking Sven and all the players following him out and getting a new manager that has no club experience what so ever or keeping Sven, letting him splash come cash and possibly getting Europe next season.

when have players ever followed a manager out? sure they might be disapponted but it will all be forgotten once a new manager is appointed and they are all trying to impress him.

Also Scolari has won pretty much everthing in Brazilian club football at many clubs. He won the world cup with Brazil and beat Sven's England with Portugal or Brazil every time they have met. Arguable with an inferior squad.

I'll say again that i want sven to stay, but it isnt all doom and gloom and the critism against Shinawatra is a bit over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:04 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I'd think less of them as players is what I'm saying. Of course I'd care. I'd care a lot but I, unlike them, would not go running to another club.

Emigre... Definately not a Rag

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:09 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
when have players ever followed a manager out? sure they might be disapponted but it will all be forgotten once a new manager is appointed and they are all trying to impress him.

Also Scolari has won pretty much everthing in Brazilian club football at many clubs. He won the world cup with Brazil and beat Sven's England with Portugal or Brazil every time they have met. Arguable with an inferior squad.

I'll say again that i want sven to stay, but it isnt all doom and gloom and the critism against Shinawatra is a bit over the top.

That's no the point I'm trying to make though. What irritates me is the setting of targets and then the dismissal following the meeting of said targets. If he can't be trusted on his own word, why should another good manager want to come to us?
I doubt the players will revolt, but it'll be a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who joined the club mainly to work under Sven.

As for Scolari, beating England with Brazil means fuck all. One team was the best in the world, the other was England.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:10 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:

Yeah i agree Thaksin has been great and the money he's given to the club has taken us a long way. He's made a mistake over Sven and lets hope he decides against it.

As for the players following him out, i didn't mean they'd all go if Sven went but some of the players came to the club because of him and will be annoyed at the way he's treated. I was just elaborating on what's been said and the reports i've read :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:17 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
That's no the point I'm trying to make though. What irritates me is the setting of targets and then the dismissal following the meeting of said targets. If he can't be trusted on his own word, why should another good manager want to come to us?
I doubt the players will revolt, but it'll be a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who joined the club mainly to work under Sven.

As for Scolari, beating England with Brazil means fuck all. One team was the best in the world, the other was England.

I was talking about beating England with Portugal. But even in that Brazil game England were leading and just bent over.

But that isnt my point. It isnt fair to disregard Scolari saying he has no club experience when he was so successful in Brazil. Sure he hasnt got any european trophies but he hasnt shown he cant do a job.

Personally i dont think Scolari will come to city. If sven leaves i dont have a clue who will be our next manager. I just dont like all the gloom that is being directed. Sure losing Sven might be a step back, but maybe it will turn out to be a step back that allowed us to take two more forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:23 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
I was talking about beating England with Portugal. But even in that Brazil game England were leading and just bent over.

But that isnt my point. It isnt fair to disregard Scolari saying he has no club experience when he was so successful in Brazil. Sure he hasnt got any european trophies but he hasnt shown he cant do a job.

Personally i dont think Scolari will come to city. If sven leaves i dont have a clue who will be our next manager. I just dont like all the gloom that is being directed. Sure losing Sven might be a step back, but maybe it will turn out to be a step back that allowed us to take two more forward.

That's the best case scenario viewpoint.
I don't oppose Frank, and I certainly don't want to force him out because we need his money...him sorry him. However, I think it should be within the fans rights to tell the chairman what they think of his decisions for what it's worth. I don't particularily like him whoring us out to Thailand, though I kniw that's how a modern football club's run and that's partly why we aren't successful.
We'll see how it all turns out anyway.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:19 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
That's the best case scenario viewpoint.
I don't oppose Frank, and I certainly don't want to force him out because we need his money...him sorry him. However, I think it should be within the fans rights to tell the chairman what they think of his decisions for what it's worth. I don't particularily like him whoring us out to Thailand, though I kniw that's how a modern football club's run and that's partly why we aren't successful.
We'll see how it all turns out anyway.

The big problem is as has already been said , Who will come having seen the circumstances in which Sven left. Would you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:28 pm 
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
The big problem is as has already been said , Who will come having seen the circumstances in which Sven left. Would you?

Strangely I would. I'll be shit and get sacked in a week. Best just give me the mil and a half now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 pm 

i think top managers all have a high enough belief in themselves and an ego that would say they are good enough to not suffer the same fate :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:30 pm 

Just got off the phone from Paul Jewell, he said he'll come. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:34 pm 
ThyGoat wrote:
Just got off the phone from Paul Jewell, he said he'll come. ;)

Why were you talking dirty to Paul Jewell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm 

Even if it goes right, and the next manager bags us a trophy next season, sacking a manager who has done what you asked is no way to run a football club. There's an issue over Thaksins behaviour and the way he's doing his business in this situation - i don't the issues are with who will be replaced or whether there is someone better than Sven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:23 pm 

did he ever directly say that the target was 10th? was it that straight forward or was that just a positional hope and that he had other targets that were performance based?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:29 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
did he ever directly say that the target was 10th? was it that straight forward or was that just a positional hope and that he had other targets that were performance based?

They had an interview with him in the programme last weekend and i quote "I have a definite plan, a strategy: the first year top 10; the second year to qualify for Europe; and the third year we want to be in the top four and qualify for the Champions League. We have to fit the plan. I know from what we have already shown this year that a top six will not be too much pressure but to break into the top four will"

So it sounds like there was an original plan to get into the top 10, but after the good start, Thaksin was hoping for top six.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:30 pm 

What is a "box office signing"? Are we now the Harlem Globetrotters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:41 pm 

slart wrote:
What is a "box office signing"? Are we now the Harlem Globetrotters?

Al Pacino is coming to tell the whole court they're out of order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:47 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Why were you talking dirty to Paul Jewell?

I couldn't help myself! :(