Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:14 pm 
Bluewythy wrote:
i think fan loyalty is often misplaced. we see the people directly working in the football and support them. but the chairman who is putting in 100s of millions of his own pounds and we turn on them without knowing any of their thinking. not knowing what plans he has, if he has anyone lined up, what has been said in meetings.
i think alienating a man who has put a bit of life into the club for the first time since ive been a city supporter is pathetic and very offensive to him and i just hope he doesnt decide to sod us off and take over another club that will appreciate his money better.

I was just thinking of how to word something just like this. Basically we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and neither do the press, so we have to try to see all sides of this one if we're going to be objective about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:15 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
i think fan loyalty is often misplaced. we see the people directly working in the football and support them. but the chairman who is putting in 100s of millions of his own pounds and we turn on them without knowing any of their thinking. not knowing what plans he has, if he has anyone lined up, what has been said in meetings.
i think alienating a man who has put a bit of life into the club for the first time since ive been a city supporter is pathetic and very offensive to him and i just hope he doesnt decide to sod us off and take over another club that will appreciate his money better.

Why can't we know what's happened then? Surely if he didn't want all the rumours, the LMA and the players on his back, he would release a statement explaining his reasoning behind the sacking, give us some reassurance

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:49 pm 

Benny wrote:
Seriously gibbi, how short is your memory? Or have you just started watching city this year? Loyal to managers? Are you being serious? I'm genuinely in a bit of disbelief about your comment here. Do you remember what happened before thaksin took over? We sacked pearce in case you forget.

All this anti frank bandwagoning is getting my goat. Slart was very anti him from the outset so fair play, but most other folk were very happy when he put his money in the pot.

I'm not anti Frank. However I completely oppose his (possible) decision over Sven, given that it comes after our manager hitting the targets he was set. I can grasp that there may be more to this, but until that comes to light then I don't see why the fans shouldn't be able to voice their disapproval at a decision made over their club by the chairman

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:50 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
I'm not anti Frank. However I completely oppose his (possible) decision over Sven, given that it comes after our manager hitting the targets he was set. I can grasp that there may be more to this, but until that comes to light then I don't see why the fans shouldn't be able to voice their disapproval at a decision made over their club by the chairman

Thank you! My point exactly! I just don't think I'm putting it across very well!!

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:03 pm 
Benny wrote:
I would say the clue is the bit where it says May 10th. :)

[SIZE="6"]Zing![/SIZE]

(Better late than never.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:06 pm 

Benny wrote:
I would say the clue is the bit where it says May 10th. :)

Oh... umm... gee... The noob just got pwned big style. :(

Looks like I'm going down then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:08 pm 

ThyGoat wrote:
Oh... umm... gee... The noob just got pwned big style. :(

Looks like I'm going down then...

The noob just got hur hured