PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm 

Heres a list of managers mentioned.

Scolari
Mancini
Zico
Laudrup
Rijkaard
Grant

Who else? and who would you like to see in the hot seat if sven goes? and why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm 

Zico ?

who the feck mentioned him ?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:07 pm 

Maclaren??:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:09 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
Zico ?

who the feck mentioned him ?

Tribal football :D

Fenerbahce coach Zico is in the frame for the Manchester City job.
Zico is leaving Fener this summer and City have turned to the Brazilian after several approaches to Luiz Felipe Scolari were given a lukewarm response by the Portugal coach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:10 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
Maclaren??:p

Yeah why not, he will drop Elano for most games, like he did with Beckham the prat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:13 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Tribal football :D

Fenerbahce coach Zico is in the frame for the Manchester City job.
Zico is leaving Fener this summer and City have turned to the Brazilian after several approaches to Luiz Felipe Scolari were given a lukewarm response by the Portugal coach.

If Tribal football told me it was thursday - i'd check the calender

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:15 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
If Tribal football told me it was thursday - i'd check the calender

He will obviously be linked if he is leaving. What a great player he was, attacking fuzball would be juicy from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:30 pm 

Not one of those on the list have the same or better track record than Sven at club level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:53 pm 

ESM wrote:
Not one of those on the list have the same or better track record than Sven at club level.

You could make a case that Scolari does (though not in Europe). He has won the Copa Libertadores twice (sp? Their champs league thing anyway).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:16 am 

What a fucking mess....

Sven's packing his bags
Chris Bailey
30/ 5/2008

AN official announcement confirming the departure of Sven-Goran Eriksson from Eastlands is expected early next week.

Senior City sources have indicated that the situation is unlikely to be allowed to drag on until June 15 as was suggested by owner Thaksin Shinawatra's senior aide Pairoj Piempongsant earlier in this week.

The Blues boss will receive a pay-off equating to six months salary, around £1m, and will then be free to pursue alternative jobs - including coach of Mexico.

Until his sacking by Shinawatra is signed and sealed, the Swede is still contracted to City and, by the letter of the law, unable to have official talks with anyone. Shinawatra is currently thought to be in Indonesia.

Despite the efforts of his long-time agent Athole Still to distance his client from any illegal approaches, it seems clear that - if there is no role at Chelsea - Eriksson has a job waiting for him in Central America should he choose to turn his back on club football for the second time.

His friend and mentor Tord Grip and assistant boss Hans Backe will leave City with Eriksson. The position of first-team coach Derek Fazackerley and fitness coach Stefano Marrone are also under review as Shinawatra makes the sweeping changes he believes with improve the Blues from a ninth place side.

The former Thai Prime Minister, who is thought unlikely to perform an 11th hour u-turn on his decision to relieve Eriksson of his duties, is still awaiting a definitive answer from Portugal chief Luiz Felipe Scolari about whether he is prepared to take over in the hot seat.

Other than the recently deposed Chelsea chief, Avram Grant, feasible alternatives appear thin on the ground.

Shinawatra, though, cannot wait too long to announce a successor with the Blues due to be in pre-season action in just five weeks time and scheduled for their entry into the UEFA Cup in fewer than seven weeks.

In relation to that UEFA campaign City are actively seeking to hire a ground for the home leg in the first qualifying round while the Eastlands pitch is recovering from a series of summer events including boxing and concerts.

It was thought that Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium was the favoured destination but City are understood to be trying to keep the tie on this side of the Pennines and, with Old Trafford and the Reebok ruled out, favour moving the match to Preston.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:41 am 

Zico would be good I reckon... Runs a lot of football academies in Brazil so he would recognise the importance and potential of our own youth players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:46 am 

just watching press pass, and they seem to think a riijkard ronaldinho package deal could be happening for us. Surely thats bullshit.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Whats for certain is that it wont be a british manager.....
Of all the names mentioned id like Rijkard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:11 pm 

Chanvit Polcheevin
Head Coach

Manager: Kitirat N Ranong

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:07 pm 

Manchester City have made an approach for Blackburn Rovers manager Mark Hughes, according to reports.

Current City boss Sven Goran Eriksson is awaiting the sack at Eastlands following just one season in charge.

Owner Thaksin Shinawatra was unhappy with the team's performance in the second half of the campaign, despite City qualifying for Europe via the Fair Play League.

Former Chelsea bosses Avram Grant and Jose Mourinho, along with Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, have been linked with the job.

However, reports now claim that Blackburn boss Hughes is Shinawatra's prime target to succeed Eriksson in the hot seat.

According to the Mail on Sunday, City approached their Premier League rivals on Saturday for permission to speak to Hughes.

The ex-Manchester United striker has performed a sterling job at Ewood Park since being appointed as manager in September 2004.

Hughes has led the club to three consecutive top 10 finishes in the Premier League and has been an astute operator in the transfer market.

He has been mooted as an eventual successor to Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford and is also under consideration to replace Grant at another of his old clubs Chelsea.

Rovers would be loath to lose the ex-Wales national team coach, but reports suggest Shinawatra is ready to offer Hughes £3million a year to move to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:16 pm 

No.............The whole thing has been a fuck up from the start and its starting to get worse.Yes i know it could be press bollox,but i cant get how people are saying that it will be ok.We have turned into the good old self destruct club that we had a chance to change away from.Never mind the players jumping ship,surely their will be a contingent of fans as well.This is trying the nerve of a few of them,and no matter who we signed it wouldnt matter.If you dont have faith in what you love,sooner or later you have doubts.Sorry if its a rant but had a few beers!!!:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:20 pm 
leruzin wrote:
No.............The whole thing has been a fuck up from the start and its starting to get worse.Yes i know it could be press bollox,but i cant get how people are saying that it will be ok.We have turned into the good old self destruct club that we had a chance to change away from.Never mind the players jumping ship,surely their will be a contingent of fans as well.This is trying the nerve of a few of them,and no matter who we signed it wouldnt matter.If you dont have faith in what you love,sooner or later you have doubts.Sorry if its a rant but had a few beers!!!:confused:

Only the ones who jumped on the Thaksin bandwagon in the first place. Otherwise it's as you said, same old same old City. Don't believe it might one day change, it won't and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd like to win something occasionally, but I'd hate to win everything all the time. There's no fun in that. Just look at the rags. The ones I know are all miserable bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:21 pm 

sky sports says it aswell we have made an approach to rovers
to be fair hes done ok without a large kitty ex red a know but i could think of worse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:27 pm 

Hughes or Sven.. hmm. It probably is shite, but if it's true wtf is thaksin thinking???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:31 pm 

svens gone no matter what