Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: slow movement
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:47 pm 

We are to slow with this bullshit going on. If we were a settled club then maybe we could have bagged a couple of world class players....typical city, pisses me right off, but still have hope as usual!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:56 pm 

Thaksin avoided the Sven Question the other day, i'm slowly coming to the conclusion that Sven will be staying as this is just all silly, somthing would have been said by now it's stupid just drawing this on and on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:59 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
We are all to slow with this bullshit going on. If we were a settled club then maybe we could have bagged a couple of world class players....typical city, pisses me right off, but still have hope as usual!

Come on mate, calm down. Realistically we know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. We could well be completely settled for all we know. People post rumours, And plenty of people know "friends of friends", and while they are acting on all good faith probably less than 10% will be true. We may have been linked with players who then sign for other clubs but they would have probably have signed for them anyway. The appeal of London is huge for a foreign player so we are always behind the 8 ball there. I would not think that we are missing massive signings atvtje
moment. Tbd we may miss one of two but looking at the facts we are a club with a contracted manager and I have yet to see an official statement that says something else. Sit tight, we won't have missed anyone. The big merry go round always happens after the euros anyway.

Chilling is prescribed by dr benny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:01 pm 

Benny wrote:
Come on mate, calm down. Realistically we know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. We could well be completely settled for all we know. People post rumours, And plenty of people know "friends of friends", and while they are acting on all good faith probably less than 10% will be true. We may have been linked with players who then sign for other clubs but they would have probably have signed for them anyway. The appeal of London is huge for a foreign player so we are always behind the 8 ball there. I would not think that we are missing massive signings atvtje
moment. Tbd we may miss one of two but looking at the facts we are a club with a contracted manager and I have yet to see an official statement that says something else. Sit tight, we won't have missed anyone. The big merry go round always happens after the euros anyway.

Benny mate im just sick of the media taking the piss out of our beloved club. Now they are talking about castillo moving on, who is next!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:11 pm 

Jo will be next to slip through the net and he is a great player. Samir Nasri is another we should have signed and its fooked up. Nashat Akram is another player i so wanted and the fookers wont give him a visa. Its just so fucking messed up and im not having it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:20 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Benny mate im just sick of the media taking the piss out of our beloved club. Now they are talking about castillo moving on, who is next!

Well we signed castillo on a loan with no assurance of a signing. That was always the deal. Just chill a bit, it'll all work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:24 pm 

Benny wrote:
Well we signed castillo on a loan with no assurance of a signing. That was always the deal. Just chill a bit, it'll all work out.

Im drunk etc and just a wee bit pissed off about the treatment of our club, how them fookers get away with it is beyond me. I so much want us to be in the champions league where we belong....i hope Thaksin wants this but its dragging on beyond a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 pm 

Dunno whether this will unsettle people or what, but Mexico have said they will hope to have Sven in place by Monday...

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:32 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Dunno whether this will unsettle people or what, but Mexico have said they will hope to have Sven in place by Monday...

I know mate, just adds to the heart ache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:33 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
I know mate, just adds to the heart ache.

Could be a blessing in disguise. It'd mean Frank would have to pick his arse up and sort out a gaffer with European experience that isn't called Steve McLaren pretty fuckin sharpish!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:38 pm 

Thaksin needs to come and and steady the club and say something, its not fair, surely something must be said this week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:40 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Thaksin needs to come and and steady the club and say something, its not fair, surely something must be said this week!

We live in hope my man, we live in hope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:42 pm 

To be fair it has probably all been decided behind the scenes so Sven will know whether he's being sacked or not and so accordingly Thaksin will either be pursuing players independently of Sven, pursuing players on Sven's recommendation (if he's staying) or pursuing players based on a new manager's wishes.

Either way I don't think he's stupid enough to not be proceeding in attempting to sign new players although I will agree that putting on a better show of unity would serve the dual purpose of helping to entice new players and persuading the ones we have to not pack their bags. At the very least it's what the fans deserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:58 pm 

shit weather in perth today. 20* and thunderstorms

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:18 pm 

Benny wrote:

wow common sense at last

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:19 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Jo will be next to slip through the net and he is a great player. Samir Nasri is another we should have signed and its fooked up. Nashat Akram is another player i so wanted and the fookers wont give him a visa. Its just so fucking messed up and im not having it.

who says we were ever gonna sign these 3 players

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:16 pm 

bluto46 wrote:
who says we were ever gonna sign these 3 players

Nashat signed to be denied a visa, the other 2 im sure you know about although Jo is heavily linked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Nashat signed to be denied a visa, the other 2 im sure you know about although Jo is heavily linked.

nashat not getting a visa is not the clubs fault. the other 2 are pure speculation in the papers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:06 am 

saw an interview with nashat lastnight, seems like a pretty level headed bloke.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"