Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:57 pm 

bluto46 wrote:
trust u to miss the point we wont know how good grant is till he has to build a team himself

ok u got a point there. We don't know his tema building skills.

Sven is a great team builder even at City his record is really great(opposite to his tactics:D) look only at Hart, Gelson and Petrov.

But under Thaksin were is no team building needed.

Thaksin builds the team. Thaksin thinks Ronaldinho will be fine then the coach has to deal with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 pm 

beer wrote:
ok u got a point there. We don't know his tema building skills.

Sven is a great team builder even at City his record is really great(opposite to his tactics:D) look only at Hart, Gelson and Petrov.

But under Thaksin were is no team building needed.

Thaksin builds the team. Thaksin thinks Ronaldinho will be fine then the coach has to deal with that.

Sven has a good records because of his tactics it's a pretty big part of management you see,as for grant being mad underated he inherited a fantastic team and won fuck all, his performance in the carling cup final was laughable as for the Fa cup they were beat off barnsley, they did well in the premier league but with that team its hard not too, as for the champs league they got a pretty simple run but outplayed the rags and were unlucky but with vidic half injured and rio cramping up to play anelka right wing rather than up front was a mistake for me. anyway to sack Sven and employ him is a step backwards imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Sven has a good records because of his tactics it's a pretty big part of management you see,as for grant being mad underated he inherited a fantastic team and won fuck all, his performance in the carling cup final was laughable as for the Fa cup they were beat off barnsley, they did well in the premier league but with that team its hard not too, as for the champs league they got a pretty simple run but outplayed the rags and were unlucky but with vidic half injured and rio cramping up to play anelka right wing rather than up front was a mistake for me. anyway to sack Sven and employ him is a step backwards imo

agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:

no u underestimate Grant.
He could have easily won the Champions League or the pl, just was unlucky. Then saying they had a an simple run or the team was so fantastice ...this is just downplaying his achievment.

if he is better than Sven?? I don't know.

Is he a good and underrated coach? definitely yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:20 pm 

beer wrote:
no u underestimate Grant.
He could have easily won the Champions League or the pl, just was unlucky. Then saying they had a an simple run or the team was so fantastice ...this is just downplaying his achievment.

if he is better than Sven?? I don't know.

Is he a good and underrated coach? definitely yes.

He was unlucky but bottom line he inherited one of the best teams in the world and won fuck all, was he unlucky against spurs and barnsley aswell? downplaying what achievment exactly, his run was pretty simple and even in that he managed to get beat off fernabache, Chelsea did have a good season but I don't think it was because of him, ten cate and steve clarke coached (as they have experience and the badges) he was just a figure head and romans friend, Don't get me wrong if he comes to city I'd support him as unlike you I am not a rag I just feel we can do much better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
He was unlucky but bottom line he inherited one of the best teams in the world and won fuck all, was he unlucky against spurs and barnsley aswell? downplaying what achievment exactly, his run was pretty simple and even in that he managed to get beat off fernabache, Chelsea did have a good season but I don't think it was because of him, ten cate and steve clarke coached (as they have experience and the badges) he was just a figure head and romans friend, Don't get me wrong if he comes to city I'd support him as unlike you I am not a rag I just feel we can do much better

we had a good argument then blue mooner feels like he is no good arguments anymore and he has to insult me as a rag again.:rolleyes:

u could also say Mourinho did not achieve anything great because he got so much money from Roman.

if u are so close like Avram of winning Champions League and PL then u are a good coach. Period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:38 pm 

Bluemooner beat you bad there beer old boy. No way you could have come back from that.

It was very nearly a zing.

This thread hasn't gone very well for you has it? :):o:):eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:45 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Bluemooner beat you bad there beer old boy. No way you could have come back from that.

ignores bastard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm 

Bookies have closed bets on scolari being next city manager....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:52 pm 

wonder if he's learning the lingo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:53 pm 

beer wrote:
*ignores bastard*

Fixed it so others understand what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 pm 

beer wrote:
we had a good argument then blue mooner feels like he is no good arguments anymore and he has to insult me as a rag again.:rolleyes:

u could also say Mourinho did not achieve anything great because he got so much money from Roman.

if u are so close like Avram of winning Champions League and PL then u are a good coach. Period.

Was not an argument just stateing the facts if we were to argue you wouldn't win trust me, mourinho won 2 leagues, league cup fa cup and champs league with porto, he is a good coach, grant has managed 1 proper club with great players won fuck all and got the sack after 8 month, you are a glory hunting twat who knows fuck all about football period

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:58 pm 

Bastard wrote:

I don't think any thread has oweing to the fact his football knowledge is minimal and when in discussions were he can't answer questions he dodges them and picks up on a small thing like being called a rag, twat or being told to fuck off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:58 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Was not an argument just stateing the facts if we were to argue you wouldn't win trust me, mourinho won 2 leagues, league cup fa cup and champs league with porto, he is a good coach, grant has managed 1 proper club with great players won fuck all and got the sack after 8 month,

lol sounds so much better without the dumb insults:rolleyes:

so you think that Mourinho is a better coach than Grant.

But can't Grant be a good coach nonetheless???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 pm 

I am so glad that ur football knowledge is not minimal blue mooner:p

I am learning so much from u;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 pm 

beer wrote:
I am so glad that ur football knowledge is not minimal blue mooner:p

I am learning so much from u;)

Great lets learn some about you, were are you from?
What football team do you support?
How can Sven have achieved so much without having any tactical knowledge?
Why are you on this forum?

All the above have been asked before but you chose to ignore them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm 

beer wrote:
lol sounds so much better without the dumb insults:rolleyes:

so you think that Mourinho is a better coach than Grant.

But can't Grant be a good coach nonetheless???

He could but imo he is not, you seem to be rolling your eyes a lot, are you on drugs it would explain a lot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm 

Well arguments between you two aside yes Grant and Mournho can both be classed as 'good managers' but I do think it is easier to profile Mourinho's CV and tell he knows exactly what the fuck he is doing.

Grant hasnt a bad record whatsoever but he inherited a tremendous side in CFC, the team wasnt his design but he did well there. Tough opposition when you have a side with the pedigree of MU and a relationship of 20+ years between manager and club. May have been the difference that saw Utd win both PL and CL over the Chavs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:04 pm 

lol u sound like a curious housewife.

i am disgusted.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:07 pm 

beer wrote:
lol u sound like a curious housewife.

i am disgusted.

:D

You not answering the questions then? Thery're not exactly difficult

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next