Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Official Sorry Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:44 am 

OK with the announcement that we will be indeed playing in europe next campaign i believe there are a few doubters out there that need to swallow their pride and apologize to Emigre and myself. You guys wouldnt listen to us and had to endure a tough few days wondering whether or not we would be in the uefa cup. Whilst emigre and myself enjoyed a few days of celebrating european footy. Apologies will be accepted via PM if you are too spineless to admit you were wrong in doubting us on the public forum.

*checks inbox*

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:40 am 
Miggs V3 wrote:
OK with the announcement that we will be indeed playing in europe next campaign i believe there are a few doubters out there that need to swallow their pride and apologize to Emigre and myself. You guys wouldnt listen to us and had to endure a tough few days wondering whether or not we would be in the uefa cup. Whilst emigre and myself enjoyed a few days of celebrating european footy. Apologies will be accepted via PM if you are too spineless to admit you were wrong in doubting us on the public forum.

*checks inbox*

I have no apologising to do, obviously, I just wanted this thread to avoid the inevitable Coodering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:44 am 

wait til the rest of the forum wakes up, they will be coming in droves to apologize to us. its the least they could do.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:02 am 

"i was hoping but i did not believe"

this is a quote from a lovely movie and i would like to know who will know it

http://waitforthewhistle.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:40 am 

you said we were gonna do it easily... we were ahead by three points in the end.

so in two games of us being shit and getting a red card they only caught us up by 3 more points based on all the other aspects. id say we were very lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:47 am 

I wont be apologising. I am not certain I even need to? I am gonna read this thread again later once I have woken up and make sure I dont need to apologise. I dont think I have even heard that album anyways. *smiles with an unjustified feeling of righteousness, has no idea what he is even talking about.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:18 am 

*has achieved satisfaction*

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:39 am 

Yeah. Apologise you muthafooking glass-half-empty merchants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:04 am 

TiD wrote:
Yeah. Apologise you muthafooking glass-half-empty merchants.

*posts dopey, uninterested, is this twunt for real?, why do I bother-smiley*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:08 am 

Had my doubts after that shitty performance at boro, but im happy, infact im over the fucking moon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:11 am 
Danny's Studs wrote:
*posts dopey, uninterested, is this twunt for real?, why do I bother-smiley*

Nah, TiDdler is a figment of all of our imaginations, albeit a very deadly figment. Someone (you know who you are) repeated his name three times and now we're stuck with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:19 am 

Emigre wrote:
Nah, TiDdler is a figment of all of our imaginations, albeit a very deadly figment. Someone (you know who you are) repeated his name three times and now we're stuck with him.

Oh my god. TiD is the Candyman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:39 am 

I don't see why there is a need for anyone to apologise. So the club qualified for the UEFA Cup, but via the Fair Play nonsense. The season following the turn of the new year was a disaster. The last game was an embarrassment.
A club should qualify on merit alone, IMO and not this way.

Oh and before anyone starts, should we be happy that the club still qualified? Yes and no. How long does anyone give the club in the UEFA Cup anyway, before bowing out to some far flung out team that is run by a bunch of villagers in some ex-Soviet republic?

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:31 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
I don't see why there is a need for anyone to apologise. So the club qualified for the UEFA Cup, but via the Fair Play nonsense. The season following the turn of the new year was a disaster. The last game was an embarrassment.

Oh and before anyone starts, should we be happy that the club still qualified? Yes and no. How long does anyone give the club in the UEFA Cup anyway, before bowing out to some far flung out team that is run by a bunch of villagers in some ex-Soviet republic?

I'm happy to be in it and I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts. It won't be anything new if the above does happen - I wouldn't say I'm immune to such embarrassments by any means but I'll get over it if it happens. We can't go around being scared of being in Europe on the basis that we might embarrass ourselves, or there's no point ever aiming for higher things.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 am 

Frank Blue wrote:

With some team-strengthening over the summer I see no reason as to why we can't give Europe a real go. Rangers got to the final, and to be honest, we play a far greater style of football than them.

You make the most of what you are given - even if we qualified by "default" - and we should give it our best shot. If we get through to the UEFA Cup proper then we have some fantastic away-days for the fans, and some televised games (albeit on Channel Crap(5))

I think we should be over the bloody moon with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:30 am 

Frank Blue wrote:

I think asking people to apoligise was a little tongue-in-cheek Frank.

And yes we should be happy. As we've aimed for Europe all season and got there, on what basis would we not be happy? I don't understand the question really. Yes it's a dodgy way to qualify, but no doubt it is a chance for progession and dvelopment. How can it not be a good thing for our younger players to get some experience in Europe? I don't think anyone expects us to win it, but then again Middlesbrough got to the final a few years ago and they were/are shit.

Plus, if we qualify via the league next season, then we will have the experience from the season before under our belts already. It can only be a positive thing to be there, even it does end in embarrassment. And we'll be much better equipped this time anyway i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:54 am 
Frank Blue wrote:

The apology was not to the club Frank. It was to myself and Miggs. And as LM said, twas tongue in cheek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:21 am 

Emigre wrote:
The apology was not to the club Frank. It was to myself and Miggs. And as LM said, twas tongue in cheek.

I know it wasn't to the club. :rolleyes:
It's funny that what is posted on MBs can get interpreted in so many different ways to what was actually meant.

But I was looking at it from another more serious angle on my final conclusion. Not to do exactly with the way there were arguments about the UEFA Cup qualification, just how the club qualified and had failed to perform thus far in 2008. I hope that something gets sorted out with this squad soon, as the squad requires reshaping (bring in the kids, sell and buy first team players) for the Premiership.
So much nonsense happening with this club over the past season.
Then again the club should apologise to us (for the last 30 odd years). :D

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 am 

Emigre wrote:

Ahem, can't take credit. Twas Squidge.

(I'd have spelt apologise correctly...)

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:26 am 

Mugwuffen wrote:
Rangers got to the final

I think this is something we had best forget. For many many reasons.