Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sorry and thank you.
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:32 pm 

I would like to apologise to the people of Manchester for the disgusting behaviour of some of our so called fans.

I am a Rangers fan and have been all my life and what I seen on Wednesday was shocking. That is not the way of Rangers fans and is not how we behave. I have been to every game in Europe this season, home and away, and there have been no arrests at all previous to this game. The scum that caused the riots where animals who came down for probably the only Rangers game they have attended all season.

There are already plans in action to get a banner for Saturday with " Real Rangers Fans Apologise To Manchester " written on it, or something along those lines.

As I said before, I apologise and can only hope the people of Manchester don't hate us and realise it was the minority of what was a mammoth crowd.

I'd also like to thank the people of Manchester for being very welcoming and providing entertainment. Also, I must add how impressed I was by your stadium also. Great arena.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 pm 

Can I add my apologies and thanks as well. The people who sparked the chaos are mindless thugs who have shamed us Rangers fans and I want to apologise on behalf of all decent fans who enjoyed themselves in the right manner. I have a very high regard for Manchester as a city, it has nice buildings, has character and some of my favourite bands are Manchester ones. I had a great time and really enjoyed myself as I always do when I visit your wonderful city.

Best wishes

C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:45 pm 

Hi. Were either of you at the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 pm 

slart wrote:

the first guy said he was impressed by the stadium

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:52 pm 

I wasn't at the game, spent the day at Picadilly gardens, got out of there about an hour before kick off as my mates couldn't get back in. We could sense it was going to turn ugly as well, found a pub a few streets back from the weatherspoons and watched it there. Great hospitality shown by you guys down there, I cannot believe this happened. I know some of the thugs were from other clubs, possibly the men in black too but the actions of our so-called fans who went on the rampage is unforgivable. Can I ask as well though, did the police ask for the screens to be switched off for health and safety reasons? Thats what was being said on radio 5 after the game and if that is the case then GMP have questions to answer too. However that does not excuse what happened. Apologies again, I'm sorry this happened in your city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:54 pm 

ive not heard anything about the screen being switched off on purpose. werent there two other screens that worked fine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:57 pm 

slart wrote:

I was at the game, mate.

Outstanding atmosphere from both set of fans. Stadium and pitch was very impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:59 pm 

Every report I've read or heard state that the big screen packed in. They also said that one of the reason for the trouble was that after it packed in fans tried to make their way to the other screens on mass and the coppers tried to stop them, no excuse though.

On a plus side, least all the Munichs that thought they were going to party in the city centre next Wednesday have had to change their plans, the pubs in Essex and Surrey will be heaving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:01 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
ive not heard anything about the screen being switched off on purpose. werent there two other screens that worked fine?

There was.

I was at Albert Square fanzone all day and there where big screens up there and my girlfriend watched it there while I was at the game.

There wasn't any trouble at all at the Albert Square fanzone and the place was jumping. Shocking really and it angers me the way these 'fans' have tarnished our club.

Having been at Albert Square fanzone all day and at the game I was immensely proud of us. Then when I was leaving the stadium and seen the riot vans it made my stomach sink. We were outstanding in our support and a mindless minority ruined it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:03 pm 

ESM wrote:
Every report I've read or heard state that the big screen packed in. They also said that one of the reason for the trouble was that after it packed in fans tried to make their way to the other screens on mass and the coppers tried to stop them, no excuse though.

On a plus side, least all the Munichs that thought they were going to part in the city centre next Wednesday have had to change their plans, the pubs in Essex and Surrey will be heaving.

It is no excuse at all mate.

Having said that, both parties where in the wrong. Some Rangers 'fans' acted shockingly and some police responded by charging and hitting everyone and anyone in sight with a Rangers top on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:03 pm 

In Albert Square and another square they worked just not in Picadilly Gardens where there were 20000 minimum. Too many people came down though that was the problem. As much as it was good fun to see so many gers, the police and stewards could not cope and it was getting obvious by 6pm that they were going to have to act to keep order. I was glad to get away and after game was lucky to get back to my hotel at St Peters square in one piece as I saw a baton charge in picadilly gardens possibly that was 20 meteres away from me it was scary stuff and the thugs they were chasing are not my people. They are scum and I'm sorry they chose Rangers as their team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 pm 

Cuellar24 wrote:
There was.

I was at Albert Square fanzone all day and there where big screens up there and my girlfriend watched it there while I was at the game.

There wasn't any trouble at all at the Albert Square fanzone and the place was jumping. Shocking really and it angers me the way these 'fans' have tarnished our club.

Having been at Albert Square fanzone all day and at the game I was immensely proud of us. Then when I was leaving the stadium and seen the riot vans it made my stomach sink. We were outstanding in our support and a mindless minority ruined it all.

yeah so it doesnt make any sense to turn off one and not the others.

i guess at every event maybe 2% of the people attending are going to be dicks. but when there are 200,000 attending, that is a lot of dicks! ha. i guess the only thing that could have been done was to stop people from travelling or been very heavy handed in stopping public drinking. but i dont know how this could have been done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:07 pm 

ESM wrote:

On a plus side, least all the Munichs that thought they were going to party in the city centre next Wednesday have had to change their plans, the pubs in Essex and Surrey will be heaving.

Much as I had a wee chuckle at your 2nd comment, I hate the fact that the behaviour of the other night has stopped the screening of the CL final. These w*****s have ruined things for so many people and thats not right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:12 pm 

Cuellar24 wrote:
It is no excuse at all mate.

Having said that, both parties where in the wrong. Some Rangers 'fans' acted shockingly and some police responded by charging and hitting everyone and anyone in sight with a Rangers top on.

i wouldnt have wanted to be a policeman that night. and if anyone had come within a metre of me, i would have twatted them as well. gotta be scary being so outnumbered and helpless.

did you read the interview with the policeman that is in the cctc video who was knocked down and then pounced on by loads of fans? some randomer grabbed him by the collar, told him he was in the army and basically dragged him to safety at a riot van. good man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:14 pm 

MisterC wrote:
Much as I had a wee chuckle at your 2nd comment, I hate the fact that the behaviour of the other night has stopped the screening of the CL final. These w*****s have ruined things for so many people and thats not right

As I've said before on here, if any other British team with a large fanbase had been in town for the final last Wednesday, under the same set of circumstances I strongly suspect the outcome would have been the same. On top of that, beer, sun and a charged atmosphere can make the most placid of people behave out of character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:23 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
i wouldnt have wanted to be a policeman that night. and if anyone had come within a metre of me, i would have twatted them as well. gotta be scary being so outnumbered and helpless.

did you read the interview with the policeman that is in the cctc video who was knocked down and then pounced on by loads of fans? some randomer grabbed him by the collar, told him he was in the army and basically dragged him to safety at a riot van. good man.

I wouldn't have wanted to be a policeman that night but I would have been doing my job and not hitting "anyone within a metre of me". There were women asking for directions getting charged with shields and one of my mates nephews, whos is 13 years old, was hit with a batton by the police and had his head split open, for trying to get to the train station to get home.

Also, the random guy that helped the policeman attacked was indeed a Rangers fan.

May I also point out, this post is not in anyway trying to defend the scum that caused the riots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm 

Cuellar24 wrote:
I wouldn't have wanted to be a policeman that night but I would have been doing my job and not hitting "anyone within a metre of me". There were women asking for directions getting charged with shields and one of my mates nephews, whos is 13 years old, was hit with a batton by the police and had his head split open, for trying to get to the train station to get home.

May I also point out, this post is not in anyway trying to defend the scum that caused the riots.

yeah i know, and in normal circumstances a woman wouldnt have been knocked over and kids get knocked by batons. but after hours of being outnumbered by the hundred and having people trying to hit them with glass bottles, i dont think they could afford to take the time to discriminate and i dont think that is their fault. surely it would be easy to find your way away from where the main trouble was if you werent looking for it? i dont mean this to accuse your nephew of anything, is just my logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:35 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
yeah i know, and in normal circumstances a woman wouldnt have been knocked over and kids get knocked by batons. but after hours of being outnumbered by the hundred and having people trying to hit them with glass bottles, i dont think they could afford to take the time to discriminate and i dont think that is their fault. surely it would be easy to find your way away from where the main trouble was if you werent looking for it? i dont mean this to accuse your nephew of anything, is just my logic.

We where in that situation because the police had told us to go a certain way to the train station only to be confronted by riot police blocking the road off. Then when people where approaching to ask what other way there was to the station they where ignored and charged.

I can maybe understand innocent Rangers fans that are men being charged and attacked but to hit a 13 year old boy with a batton was out of order. I also seen several women being attacked, some elderly and one pregnant.

Some 'fans' where an absolute disgrace to Rangers FC but the police weren't faultless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:47 pm 

Cuellar24 wrote:
We where in that situation because the police had told us to go a certain way to the train station only to be confronted by riot police blocking the road off. Then when people where approaching to ask what other way there was to the station they where ignored and charged.

I can maybe understand innocent Rangers fans that are men being charged and attacked but to hit a 13 year old boy with a batton was out of order. I also seen several women being attacked, some elderly and one pregnant.

Some 'fans' where an absolute disgrace to Rangers FC but the police weren't faultless.

It is terrible that innocent fans were caught up. This will happen when thousands of hoolies are on the rampage. Police just want to clear up the area and make sure they are not under attack themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 pm 

[quote="ESM"]Every report I've read or heard state that the big screen packed in. They also said that one of the reason for the trouble was that after it packed in fans tried to make their way to the other screens on mass and the coppers tried to stop them, no excuse though.

On a plus side, least all the Munichs that thought they were going to party in the city centre next Wednesday have had to change their plans, the pubs in Essex and Surrey will be heaving.[/QUOTE Calling utd fans ' munichs' is on the same intellectual level as the hooligans that disgraced manchester on wednesday, you are a PRICK.