Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm 

WeegieBlue wrote:
If you look at various other posts, a large majority of people on here are concerned for our youth team, and are hoping Hughes gets the power to buy well, rather than lavishing cash on the likes of Ronald (£135m FFS!!). We're happy we're minted, but we still want to maintain our identity.

Thanks for the lecture though. I'm sure if you're club gets taken over by billionaires you'll be far more reserved than us lot....

We have been taken over by billionaires and look where that got us!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:
Valid, reasoned and educated arguments there lads, glad that my taxes are going towards a good education for you all.

Seriously the West Ham bit was a light heated gesture so you knew who I supported.

My point is that Money isnt everything. Abramovic can still compete, Utd always will as will Liverpool and Arsenal.

We will always produce good youth players and that is fundemental in the development of football. No new players, no football in the future.

Obviously you can now afford to buy who you want but now everyone knows that money bags is in charge they will be asking for vastly inflated sums.

Just a bit fed up with the gloating from you lot but dont lose touch with reality. It was an affable club because it lived in the shadows of its bigger more arrogant rival. But what now eh? Inflated ticket prices, bigger stands how exactly will you feel that - with plastics - prawn sandwich munchers.

Football is dead. Its supposed to be a working mans game but how long before you cant afford to go or are involved in a European super league when the team is playing all over the world.

The days ofShaun Goater will be missed of that I am sure.

R.I.P.

Stop it you're making me cry.

Why is it when united, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal could dominate and outbid everyone else it was ok, and now city can do the same it's the death of football? We've only bought 1 player ffs and everyone's up in arms. Get a grip ffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 pm 

mcfcbandito wrote:
you have alot of good points fella i agree with you on the football is dead it certainly is

You're talking shit too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:19 pm 

Quote:
We will always produce good youth players and that is fundemental in the development of football. No new players, no football in the future.

but you sell your decent players to chelsea and spend fortunes on the likes of Neill and Boa Morte.

Quote:
Football is dead. Its supposed to be a working mans game but how long before you cant afford to go or are involved in a European super league when the team is playing all over the world.

football as we knew it died when sky introduced themselves and the european cup became the champs league. this is nothing to do with city.

personally the gloating is just at united fans, to annoy them. in the same way city didnt disappear in the 2nd div like otehr clubs have because of city's fan base and structure, united, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal will always be around the top. but the bar has been raised now, they can no longer expect to finish in the top four and are put under pressure. this will prob stop squad rotation, you wont see players rested for cup games. city are going to be competiting and obviously wont win every game, every trophy ir maybe not even win a trophy in the next couple of years. but we are competiting and im going to enjoy it.

Post subject:

cheekybutcher wrote:
Valid, reasoned and educated arguments there lads, glad that my taxes are going towards a good education for you all.

Seriously the West Ham bit was a light heated gesture so you knew who I supported.

My point is that Money isnt everything. Abramovic can still compete, Utd always will as will Liverpool and Arsenal.

Obviously you can now afford to buy who you want but now everyone knows that money bags is in charge they will be asking for vastly inflated sums.

Just a bit fed up with the gloating from you lot but dont lose touch with reality. It was an affable club because it lived in the shadows of its bigger more arrogant rival. But what now eh? Inflated ticket prices, bigger stands how exactly will you feel that - with plastics - prawn sandwich munchers.

The days ofShaun Goater will be missed of that I am sure.

R.I.P.

I think you're right up to a point but I think football as we knew it died years ago.

It's too early to say what will happen IMO, obviously we are now in a position where we could afford any player in the world, but I still think that we will see kids come through the academy if they are good enough. There will be less first team regulars though.

I know we might seem like we're gloating at the moment and admittedly it's not an attractive quality but after the shit we've had to put up with over the years I think we're allowed a bit of fun.

As an aside, I've always had a soft spot for West Ham, they're a bit like the City of London.

Post subject:

cheekybutcher wrote:

Our billionaires are WELL better than your billionaires though. Your billionaires are just glorified millionaires I reckon. You should go get some proper billionaires like we done. We're getting ricaro seats all round the stadium, and a lady to hold your pie at half time so you don't get greasy fingers. What have you got? No manager, for a start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:

Why is it when united, chelsea, liverpool and arsenal could dominate and outbid everyone else it was ok, and now city can do the same it's the death of football? We've only bought 1 player ffs and everyone's up in arms. Get a grip ffs.

We're now fair game for wind up merchants Bandito is definitely a rag. I have no doubts and why is a West Ham fan interested in what we're doing. They're up shit creek without a paddle. Our biggest worry is buying players we don't need theirs is selling players they do need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:21 pm 

hows bellendamy going by the way, and that fuckstick lucas neill.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:21 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:

but these guys dont have £1bn, they have £550bn. a disgusting amount of money. that is ten times what Abramovich has, fifty times what the Glaziers have and what they spent on Robinho they will have made back the next day in interest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 pm 

You should be more worried what is happening at west ham ,than coming on here spouting shite .wait untill january when the transfer window opens
and we sign that goal machine off you lot CARLTON COLE:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:28 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:

Because Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and alike are shite clubs with plastic fans. They are arrogant with fake history.

West Ham and City are clubs with rich footballing traditions who support and loyalty come not from spending and winning things but from society (where you grew up, who your Dad, Uncle, Friends supported)

You can live with the grief from Utd fans (or us Arsenal) because you knew you was a true supporter.

What happens when tickets cost over £100 a game and the hardcore fanbase disappears? You were fantastic supporting your team in its decline its just unfortunate you wont be able to do so this time around.

Fascism isnt such a bad thing its just the bad press that was associated with it after the fall of the Axis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:32 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:
What happens when tickets cost over £100 a game and the hardcore fanbase disappears? You were fantastic supporting your team in its decline its just unfortunate you wont be able to do so this time around.

That's just bullshit though isn't it? How do you know this will happen? Looked into the pikey crystal ball have we?

Things won't change that much. We'll still be going, maybe we'll be winning things, maybe we won't. Don't really care, so why should you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:32 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:
Because Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and alike are shite clubs with plastic fans. They are arrogant with fake history.

West Ham and City are clubs with rich footballing traditions who support and loyalty come not from spending and winning things but from society (where you grew up, who your Dad, Uncle, Friends supported)

You can live with the grief from Utd fans (or us Arsenal) because you knew you was a true supporter.

Fascism isnt such a bad thing its just the bad press that was associated with it after the fall of the Axis.

The difference is these guys won't need to put ticket prices up as they are already rich beyond belief. A few extra quid from season tickets is nothing to them, so why would they bother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:33 pm 

I find it amazing how people are registering on this forum just to give us shit.

Jealous fools with nothing better to do.

C.T.I.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:35 pm 

Rich Footballing Traditions

Is that slang for we don't win anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:

So I'm right in saying that when your "billionaires"(your words) came in you were sad about it were you? Remember the huge outlay on players at the start? Did you lament the death of football then when you thought it was gonna propel you up the league? I doubt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
but these guys dont have £1bn, they have £550bn. a disgusting amount of money. that is ten times what Abramovich has, fifty times what the Glaziers have and what they spent on Robinho they will have made back the next day in interest!

Yo do realise that it is a sovereign wealth fund dont you? Its not a suger daddy.

Dont get caught up in the media cack, they aren't doing it for the love of City they want something in return. They didn't amass £550bn by giving it away.

City is a lucrative business card that is all. A way for the rest of the world to sit up and take notice of their group. They will move onto something else. I think structured development and consolodation is what is required now. The Arsenal templae is a good one I think.

I shouldn't have raised my concerns now as you are obviously over the moon but nothing in life is for free and you will do well to remember that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:45 pm 

cheekybutcher wrote:

nt be able to do so this time around.

Why are Liverpool, Chelsea and the Scum "plastic" and West Ham and City are part of the "rich footballing traditions"?

It seems you've made this divide separating successful and unsuccessful clubs.

If/when we win a trophy or two will we then become a "plastic club"? Stupid comment to be honest.

If you read other threads on this forum you'll see that we've weighed up the pros and cons on numerous occasions and that we haven't just got our head in the clouds but you must realise that we've won nothing for 30+ years (and counting!) so no-one can blame us for being a little bit giddy about actually seeing a bright and healthy future for City.

On top of all this I really need a dump. Ta tar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:48 pm 

I didnt come on here to slag you all off I was just trying to see if the true fans of City were happy with the recent events.

To be fair, and I know its easy to say now, but I wasnt happy when we got a billionaire in and started splahing the cash on players. I know that the bubble will burst and any sound minded economist would agree with me there. I just hope that the real football fans aren't cast too far adrift so that they cant salvage what is left.

Ask yourselves why are these people really interested?

Moneychester City

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 pm 

Blue_Failsworth wrote:
Why are Liverpool, Chelsea and the Scum "plastic" and West Ham and City are part of the "rich footballing traditions"?

It seems you've made this divide separating successful and unsuccessful clubs.

If/when we win a trophy or two will we then become a "plastic club"? Stupid comment to be honest.

If you read other threads on this forum you'll see that we've weighed up the pros and cons on numerous occasions and that we haven't just got our head in the clouds but you must realise that we've won nothing for 30+ years (and counting!) so no-one can blame us for being a little bit giddy about actually seeing a bright and healthy future for City.

On top of all this I really need a dump. Ta tar!

Unfortunately it is a divide between successful and unsuccessful clubs. See its the successful clubs that attract the glory supporters et al.

Look at Utd for example - Im sure their hardcore supporters are overjoyed with the Smith family from Surrey driving up once every 2 years to watch their beloved Utd.

So what happensat Moneychester Shitty - prices go up, the real fans cant afford it and before you know it there is a red and blue divide in Surrey. Enjoy you jaunt to the heights of the Premiership and the death of your club.