Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:39 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
He hasnt spoken to you as he's embarressed he hearts you so much.

September? Hmmm not long then. Have you decided which Uni?

If I do well then the University, if I don't then the Met.

He is a bit embarrassed though. I would be if I was him. I am a bit amazing.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:54 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I feel strangley disaffected about the club at the minute. Nothing to do with us being shit for the last few months, that goes with the territory. There's something weird that I can't quite put my finger on.

The clubs definitely changing. Its strange having someone actually driving it forwards. Whilst Wardle and Mackintosh have undoubtedly tried their best, it hasn't felt like there's been direction behind the scenes since the days of Bernstein - and even his efforts are incomparable to what's going on now.

I think I've come to terms with the sacking of Sven. I've seen successful company owners make similar brutal decisions in our industry and it doesn't do to get sentimental about things, much as I love the old philanderer.

Next season will be another interesting one. A new man in charge of the team and this new bloke from Nike in charge of the boardroom. Impossible to predict what's going to happen. Now that's typical City.

I reckon this guy from Nike could well be a real coup, however you can't compete off the pitch until you compete on the pitch so the 2 have go hand in hand and therefore we need a top manager who can do this for us.

In terms of the club, I reckon that City will not lose it's heart, and whilst the occasisional supporter may be coveted by the club, it is the hard core that make it what it is and will continue to make it what it is.

Do the Old Trafford season ticket holders really see that much difference from the dire 80's, probably not and I don't think we will.

That said I am not looking forward to a gerneration of City fans who have only known success or relative success becuase I can't help feeling that it is adversity that defines a club and creates a unique atmosphere among supporters who know what it could be and used to be like.

It's a shame we will lose this but it is also a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:10 am 

We played so shite in the last 3 games of the season, and probably because all the media started talking about Dr Thaksin and sacking sven at the end of the season. This is basically effect the whole team, and that's why we lost the last 3 games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Hear Hear Danielson.
People say that about me and City all the time. That I let City dictate, what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, what I'm saying. Sometimes I curse my Dad for giving me the City bug, but I love City and as frustrating as it is that our club is the worlds biggest fuckup, we couldn't really have it any other way, could we?

i wouldnt have it any other way either dont want it to be boring do we

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 pm 

Living in the States all I hear about is ManUre, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool but I am CTID all the way. Even though I can't attend games, I make sure that I wake up before 11 a.m. here even if it is after a night of getting way to trashed. I love the team, have for years, and always will. Personally, I am a little cautious of Thaksin, but in the end I think he wants City to be a success on and off the pitch. The team is moving forward and I personally find it exciting. I'd rather be competing for a spot in Europe and worrying about the owner instead of worrying if the club will stay afloat in the premier league. Just my thoughts, but it doesn't matter because I will always support this club and hold down the City support here in the States!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:57 pm 

USACityFan wrote:
Living in the States all I hear about is ManUre, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool but I am CTID all the way. Even though I can't attend games, I make sure that I wake up before 11 a.m. here even if it is after a night of getting way to trashed. I love the team, have for years, and always will. Personally, I am a little cautious of Thaksin, but in the end I think he wants City to be a success on and off the pitch. The team is moving forward and I personally find it exciting. I'd rather be competing for a spot in Europe and worrying about the owner instead of worrying if the club will stay afloat in the premier league. Just my thoughts, but it doesn't matter because I will always support this club and hold up the City support here in the States!!!

Fixed it for you. ;)