Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: It's a conspiracy
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:40 pm 

Do you think there was a sense of 'showing Thaksin what things will be like without Sven' about yesterday's performance?

This site lists a series of stats that make for interesting viewing with regards to the irregularity of yesterday's result:

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/05/12/did-manchester-city-throw-their-final-game#more-2025

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm 

Mahtsew wrote:
Do you think there was a sense of 'showing Thaksin what things will be like without Sven' about yesterday's performance?

This site lists a series of stats that make for interesting viewing with regards to the irregularity of yesterday's result:

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/05/12/did-manchester-city-throw-their-final-game#more-2025

Even under Alan Ball things were never that bad! ;)

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm 

Well if it was then Elano might have asked to start on the bench because he didn't want to throw the game because he doesn't really care about Sven but still get his appearance bonus, Johnson might have gone on the piss the other nights so he didn't make the bench because he also didn't want to throw the game and Hart just didn't want to let in all the goals.

If thats tru them three want to all stay, we can then force Corluka, Ireland and Petrov to stay then sell the rest. If they wish to throw a game aswell as Europe then I don't give a fuck, they can fuck reet off!

Did anyone notice how Sven didn't bother changing tactics? :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:30 pm 

ThyGoat wrote:
Well if it was then Elano might have asked to start on the bench because he didn't want to throw the game because he doesn't really care about Sven but still get his appearance bonus, Johnson might have gone on the piss the other nights so he didn't make the bench because he also didn't want to throw the game and Hart just didn't want to let in all the goals.

If thats tru them three want to all stay, we can then force Corluka, Ireland and Petrov to stay then sell the rest. If they wish to throw a game aswell as Europe then I don't give a fuck, they can fuck reet off!

Did anyone notice how Sven didn't bother changing tactics?
:rolleyes:

The only thing Sven could have done to save us from conceding more goals would have been to build a brick wall on the goal line. The players should be facing a firing squad this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:29 pm 

Mahtsew wrote:

No. It was just a team down to 10 men and falling to bits on the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:02 pm 

Bastard wrote:
No. It was just a team down to 10 men and falling to bits on the day.

And to be fair, some of boro's goals were top drawer. Fuck all the keeper could of done with the free kick & the deflection. The back four were a shambles once Dunne went off. And Sun should never play for us again. He's never a footballer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:21 pm 
Scotty wrote:
And to be fair, some of boro's goals were top drawer. Fuck all the keeper could of done with the free kick & the deflection. The back four were a shambles once Dunne went off. And Sun should never play for us again. He's never a footballer.

I so fucking concur with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:28 pm 

Soon as i knew the line-up i thought we were fucked anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:43 am 

Emigre wrote:
I so fucking concur with that.

As do I !

Anyone ever been to the chinese version of our website? It's insane how many pictures of him are on the first page.

I guess he really is in the team to make money with merchandise. Wish we could get a decent asian player though in his stead if it really is for the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:18 am 

avoidconfusion wrote:
As do I !

Anyone ever been to the chinese version of our website? It's insane how many pictures of him are on the first page.

I guess he really is in the team to make money with merchandise. Wish we could get a decent asian player though in his stead if it really is for the money.

He presence might be used to promote the club in the Far East, but I don't expect the club to make much through merchandising over there. Plus they must also see how shite he is too.
This would be a better signing:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 am 

avoidconfusion wrote:

Never mind the Chinese version. Who or what is that when you click on the Thai version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 am 
I'm With Stupid wrote:
Never mind the Chinese version. Who or what is that when you click on the Thai version?

I really wish I hadn't clicked on that now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 pm 

there was nothing in that article... there is no way dunne's sending off could be seen as delibrate. it shouldnt have even been a red card.