Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:53 am 

I can't believe what i'm reading here on http://www.teamtalk.com. I thought most City fans wanted Sven to stay. Doesn't loook like it to me!!

PeterF (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 08:56 View all PeterF's posts
Well after yesterday`s performance thank goodness the season is over. Was it a protest by the players? Did Sven have no stomach for it? Whatever it is a disgrace to lose on the last day 8 - 1, to anyone, and particularly Boro (with respect!). Never wanted Sven so let`s get rid now, and get some players in with class and guts! He doesn`t play half the ones he bought.

blue zorba (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 07:49 View all blue zorba's posts
Not a lot to say about the humiliation at Boro but I do feel that the Dunne sending off was a joke. It was not a professinal foul merely the slightest touch with eyes on the ball?? Not the 1st time Mr DOwd has done this to us and to Dunney. All down hill from there without a single player wanting to play for the club. The fans deserve better but I do still lay blame firmly at Shinawatras feet for his bungled leak in Thailand. Yes Mr Shinawatra hire and fire as you please but do it in a professional and shrewd manner and not with 6 games to go!! We the fans deserve better from all concerned on and off the pitch.

hammocity (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 07:47 View all hammocity's posts
To qualify for Europe it's quite simple, City have to appeal against Dunne's red card. It was clearly an accident and surely the Appeal Board would overturn the sending off.

evagoras (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 07:28 View all evagoras's posts
Man what a fiasco!! Since 1978 ive been supporting City, maybe i should stop after this!

noeloc (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 01:34 View all noeloc's posts
yeah looks like I was right anyone who supports Sven is a fool,as it now looks like those pro Sven morons who started fighting will now have cost us european spot as crowd trouble is taken in to equation.Take a bow muppetts,you just made an embarrassing game worse, ban them all and send Sven packing with them along with Sun,Ball,Gelson,Vassell etc.

shane04 (Manchester City fan)
Posted Today @ 01:03 View all shane04's posts
Eh, the people saying that Sven is to blame for the 8-1 drubbing. Sorry but what planet are you people on? The Chairman has caused havoc in the club in recent weeks and that is the reason why morale has collapsed amongst the squad. Maybe Thaksin will be proved right and he will get a better manager. But to blame Sven for today is ridiculous!

ian1979 (Middlesbrough fan)
Posted Today @ 00:39 View all ian1979's posts
To those fans who went today - 99% of you were awesome. Absolutely class all game (outsung us anyway!!) The 1% who pretended to be hard at the end - shame on you. If I was a City fan I would want Sven in and I would want Dr Evil to get lost - right to the final whistle today your away fans were behind him, and to those of you who sang in favour of keeping him - well done lads. Football has lost all common sense and you who were singing his name were probably the same fans who turned up when you dropped 2 divisions and got yourself, quite rightly in my opinion, a reputation as some of the best fan in the country. LEAVE YOUR SVEN ALONE!

noelc (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 23:41 View all noelc's posts
SO .. Dunne knockers... see what happens when he is not on the park! I bet we wouldn't have shipped more than six if Dunney had been there! Sven's plan B didn't seem to work but I am sure Mr Thaksin will have noted a few more employees who deserve the chop after that display... Any consolation or comfort to be taken from the game? None for me, except that Elano's goal was superb.. pity he couldn't do that more often. Basically, I'm absolutely gutted at this total humiliation.

noeloc (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 23:30 View all noeloc's posts
Asked if he would LIKE to be Man City manager next season, Sven replied "eh we will talk,we will see" notice the absence of the word YES from his answer.Anyone who supports Sven still must be just plain stupid.8-1 to Boro, SVEN OUT,SVEN OUT,SVEN OUT.THAKSIN PLEASE SACK THE SWEDE.If sven is in charge next season we will be RELEGATED.Just goes to show the mentality of the fans who want Sven to stay that they start fighting when the final whistle went, how embarrassing fighting and supporting a manager who gets you walloped 8-1.

big g (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 22:54 View all big g's posts
What a weird few weeks - I am absolutely speechless....after that display. It does not rain it pours..ah well nothing new there then.

hammocity (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 22:45 View all hammocity's posts
I got back from Spain today to total humiliation from those Red Barstewards, I am gutted at the score line, what the fek is going om?

Neal (Exiled in Herts) (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 22:28 View all Neal (Exiled in Herts)'s posts
A Manchester City bedtime story.. Ok, it's the final pre-match team talk as Sven builds the team up... "Err so fellows, go out and perform for me and the good doctor, my job depends on the next 90 minutes and I have faith in all of you...." The end.

HowardJ (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 21:27 View all HowardJ's posts
I have just got back from watching the most embarassing performance from a City side that I have ever witnessed. Also the fans who decided to take the police on were a disgrace. Ripping seats out and launching them at stewards is really hard lads isn't it!! Thanks Sven..0-6 at Chelsea and now this. Good riddance

pauliowigs (Fulham fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 21:07 View all pauliowigs's posts
Hiya. Due to your sending off and yellow card today, and Fulham's game in which no bookings were issued, do you know which of the two clubs will be playing in Europe next season? Can anybody clarify? Also as a neutral I must say I've had far more interest in City this season, thanks majorily to Sven's arival, and the arival of some interesting talents such as Elano! I think it owuld be a bit of a disgrace to see him sacked, despite todays result for you guys. Hw should be judged upon the whole of the season he has managed for and surely he has done fine. Good luck for the future :).

Labatt Blue (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 20:58 View all Labatt Blue's posts
Since I started supporting City in 1976 and even during the darkest days of 3rd division football, I was never this embarassed to be a Blue. What a joke!

MANCITYMAN (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 20:51 View all MANCITYMAN's posts
This afternoon i had a conversation with my father about city and how happy we were that a UEFA spot was just about in the bag and a game against the boro should provide little trouble by bookings and contreversrry which my effect the fair play award, now it has all gobe tits up captain off 8 goals against and to top it all off crowd trouble, i am this evening utterly sick, i feel we have been conned by sven and i feel an even bigger fool as i backed him up, he has used us and has used the media to fool us, we have been conned big time by this joker how can he let a team be beaten 8-1 by boro bloody boro CHRIST I AM SO ANNOYED, this could only happen to city

aquarius33 (Middlesbrough fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 20:06 View all aquarius33's posts
Although I can understand the feelings of many of your fans protesting for Sven and against the Thai owner, after the Boro game, it does seem that this demonstration has probably cost you a place in Europe via the fair play league, as crowd behaviour comes into the equation and I hear that Fulham are now favourites for this position.

kimbob (Sunderland fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 19:05 View all kimbob's posts
Please tell me that your players were protesting against Frank's shabby treatment of Sven. Otherwise I will have to believe that the Smogs have gone from 19 goals at home all season before today to being far & away the best team in the Premiership.

londonblue10 (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 18:15 View all londonblue10's posts
Citizen_blue thanks for the clarification. With Everton winning I guess it's just Fulham with no bookings we need to worry about. There again if Boro put 8 past us what would PSV; Fiorentina etc do to us?

mcfcandz (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 18:03 View all mcfcandz's posts
8 f%#$ing 1 you have got to be sh!tting me. what a disgrace. terrible terrible second half to the season. glad our bubble didnt burst earlier or we could have been in trouble. time for thaskin to decide who will be manager sven or scolari then spend spend spend and offload the deadwood

maine man (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 17:58 View all maine man's posts
Can't believe it...only City could press the self destruction to MAXIMUM effect. Biggest premiership defeat, half the team leaving, no Europe...WHEN will league chairmen learn...you don't upset the applecart with six matches to go..Frank MUST sack his advisers, coz thery're giving him the WORST possible advice !!

IRELANDBLUE (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 17:51 View all IRELANDBLUE's posts
WHAT A DISGRACE - SVEN AND THE LOT OF THEM SHOULD GO

Tommo Southern Blue (Manchester City fan)
Posted 11/05/2008 @ 17:44 View all Tommo Southern Blue's posts
That march yesterday looked very embarrassing! I hope they weren't typical supporters! Injury problems aside today's gutless performance speaks volumes! Sven, thank you for your dignity and an improved first season, but 4-5-1 and being too nice does not work unfortunately. Good luck with Benfica and let's get someone in who wont stand for any nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:55 am 

scotty doesnt know, that fiona and me, do it in my van every sunday.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:24 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
scotty doesnt know, that fiona and me, do it in my van every sunday.

"Scotty doesnt know, Scotty doesnt know.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:28 pm 

Scotty doesn't know much!!