Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rumours
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am 

I am concerned about the speculation over Guardiola's possible new signings. I know that there is bound to be speculation and that I should believe things only when the players come out of the tunnel, but the rumour that concerns me most is that he may replace Joe Hart

Post subject: Re: Rumours
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:46 pm 

I think we're going to be linked with every man and his dog before the Summer is out. The worrying thing for me is that £150m is being reported as his kitty/war chest (delete as per your preference for transfer fund names). I take it he will be allowed to spend anything we bring in from sales on top of this as if we are going for Pogba, Alaba and Stones we would need considerably more than that amount

I think it would be unwise to lose Hart. It appears to be a golden age for goalkeepers in the Premier League but I do not know who we would replace him with (i.e. who is available). Yes, he has his moments with the odd clanger, all keepers do but he has undoubtedly won us points this season and appears to be the only voice in the defence when Vinny is missing

Also, as above with the who is available debate, who is there that he would/could go to? The only top English club I can think of may be Arsenal with Cech not being a spring chicken. Possibly Liverpool as Mignolet is crap. Possibly Leicester?