Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pellegrini
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:27 am 

There is much talk about his future at the moment.
Personally I am in the should stay camp. Revolving doors do not necessarily mean improvement.
The papers today seem to offer a range of alternatives most of whom would seriously make me want to reconsider my support of City.
Mentioned are the following
Rodgers
Benitez
Ancellotti
Guardiola
Viera
Eddie Howe
big Sam
Klopp
I can't see that most of these would be any improvement on what we have

Post subject: Re: Pellegrini
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 am 

Quote:
Manchester City could sack Pellegrini before end of season if top-four spot in jeopardy • If top-four place looks in doubt manager will make way
• Patrick Vieira leads contenders for temporary role
• Joe Hart: forget the title, we must target third now
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini walks off after the 4-2 defeat at Manchester United. Photograph: Matthew Peters/Man Utd via Getty Images
Jamie Jackson
@JamieJackson___Monday 13 April 2015 20.05 BST Last modified on Tuesday 14 April 2015 09.30 BST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share on WhatsApp
Manchester City are ready to sack Manuel Pellegrini if the club fear Champions League qualification is in danger. There is a recognition that finishing outside the top four will make it particularly difficult to attract the players required for the summer’s rebuild of the squad.

If Pellegrini were removed before the end of the season Patrick Vieira, the elite development squad coach, would be one option to take charge for the remaining games.

City’s 4-2 defeat at Manchester United was a sixth defeat in eight matches. The scale of the slump overseen by Pellegrini has the club in fourth position having been joint-top with Chelsea on New Year’s Day. In the 12 matches since then City have collected 15 points.

Related:
More on this topicWayne Rooney says Manchester United targeted City’s lazy runners

City are four points behind third-placed United, and after Liverpool closed to within four after thier win at Newcastle on Monday night.

Although there is no panic, Sunday’s visit of West Ham United has taken on greater significance. If City were to suffer defeat, the pressure on Pellegrini’s position would increase, especially if the chasing teams have made up more ground.

If City did feel forced into removing Pellegrini before the end of the season, it would follow a precedent set two years ago. Then, after the FA Cup final defeat by Wigan Athletic on 11 May, Roberto Mancini was sacked with two matches of the league season remaining.

Vieira is hugely admired within the club and thought of as a future manager, though there is a sense he may not yet be ready to become the permanent No1. His appointment, if on a temporary basis, would be similar to that of Ryan Giggs, who was made Manchester United interim manager when David Moyes was sacked with four matches left of last season.

City’s No1 candidate is Pep Guardiola but the Bayern Munich coach has said he will serve out a contract that expires in the summer of 2016. Of the other possible contenders Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti was passed over in favour of Pellegrini two years ago and the style of football played by Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid is not considered cultured enough to match City’s aspirations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:53 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Personally I am in the should stay camp. Revolving doors do not necessarily mean improvement.
The papers today seem to offer a range of alternatives most of whom would seriously make me want to reconsider my support of City.
Rodgers As if
Benitez No fucking way
Ancellotti Decent
Guardiola Yes
Viera No
Eddie Howe a joke I assume
big Sam a bad joke I assume
Klopp In danger of getting Dortmund relegated last time I looked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:00 pm 

Rodgers
Benitez
big Sam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:05 pm 

[youtube][/youtube]
South East Citizen wrote:
Rodgers As if
Benitez No fucking way
Ancellotti Decent
Guardiola Yes
Viera No
Eddie Howe a joke I assume
big Sam a bad joke I assume
Klopp In danger of getting Dortmund relegated last time I looked

I merely wrote what I saw in various papers . I pretty much agree with your assessments I might consider Viera although I would rather see him as someone's assistant first.
I am still in the keep pellegrini camp
P though

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:48 pm 

Rodgers
Benitez
Ancellotti
Guardiola
Viera
Eddie Howe
big Sam
Klopp

None of the above.

If i could have the pick of anybody it would be Simeone - but that's not going to happen. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 am 

Next manager for Manchester City...

'Arry.
Positives: Good "wheeler dealer" in the transfer market
Negatives: Dodgy knees. Wants a cut from all the transfer income on sale of players because he "developed" them. His pet dog's offshore bank account.

Avram Grant
Positives: Got to the Champions League Cup Final and League Final with Chelsea, FA Cup Final with Portsmouth and the African Nations Final with Ghana.
Negatives: Was runner up in the Champions League Cup Final and League Final with Chelsea, FA Cup Final with Portsmouth and the African Nations Final with Ghana. Also has a fondness for "massages" from ladies of negotiable affection. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1248650/Avram-Grant-Thai-massage-brothel.html

Klopp
Positives: Won loads of trophies.
Negatives: Faced relegation this year. Believes his own hype and has his head stuck up his own hole. Hates Manchester City.

Mark Hughes
Positives: Young, upcoming British Manager.
Negatives: He's shit.

Ian Holloway
Positives: Young, upcoming British Manager. He's a "character".

Sam Allardyce
Positives: Young, upcoming British Manager. He's a modern football manager into stats, technology, nutrition and shit.

What we need is an experienced manager who can handle a rag tag of fucking prima-donnas from all corners of the world, has a proven track record in Europe against stiff competition, smooth operator with the media and will have the respect of everyone.

I have the answer.

Michael Caine.

He did a great job in Escape To Victory and he can do the same for City! The campaign starts here!
Pellers Out! Caine In!

Last edited by slart on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 am 

Seems Klopp is about to leave Dortmund to have dinner with Tixilixi. And sorano

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:44 am 

I find Michael Caine's presence in films really off-putting, which is unfortunate because he appears in 80% of all films.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:16 pm 

Who's the bird in Alfie? The blonde one. I'd do time for that, whatever that means. :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:33 pm 

She is older than me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:06 pm 

Not now Bert, I mean I'd travel back in time to do her in the 60s, then come back here and "do time". :cool:

:confused:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:40 pm 

It was a pretty obvious observation Bert. This whole thing has a been a complete disaster, it's left bastard looking a twat. What next, shall we berate people for having opinions?! All this from a teacher. I am not going to hash tag, but if I did it would involve words like: disgust, patheticity, age-hate, fingerbashing, time travel ignorance. Well done Bert. :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:35 pm 

I think Bastard showed his age there. I assumed he meant Sienna Miller from the 2004 remake, who would be worth serving a medium length custodial sentence for. It never occurred to me he was taking about someone who Bert whacked off to back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 pm 

The 2014 model of Sienna Miller, like the one they used in the film American Sniper, is a bit of a skank. Can any of the lawyer-types on here advise whether I could get away with just a police caution for bending one up that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 pm 

Julia Foster? Ben Fogle's mum? :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:30 pm 

Bastard wrote:
The 2014 model of Sienna Miller, like the one they used in the film American Sniper, is a bit of a skank. Can any of the lawyer-types on here advise whether I could get away with just a police caution for bending one up that?

only if you left physical evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:38 pm 

Well, this is embarrassing. Confession to make here guys - turns out it was Britt Ekland in Get Carter I was thinking of. :rolleyes: If I'm now contractually obliged to knock the intestines out of an actress from Alfie then I'll go with Kicker's suggestion, but the 60s version (pictured below with a young Cloudy O'Reyna) if that's still OK?

If plea bargaining is on the table I'll take a 12-month suspended plus 120 hours community service.

Again, apologies for any confusion that may have occurred as a result of my previous posts in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:52 pm 

Britt Eklund in any thing or preferably in nothing at all. Shades of my misspent youth. I did French a level in the hope that Francoise Hardys car would break down outside my house.
Reminiscences of a sad man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:52 pm 

Holy smoke Francoise Hardy is hot. She is a dead ringer for Olivia Wilde. Or vice versa.