Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:12 am 

I didn't get that Bastard. Would you mind repeating it?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:47 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

I think what he was saying is that Clichy qualifies as a homegrown player. And that we might see the youngsters Karim Rekik or Emyr Huws might get the nod too. In addition to whoever we purchase in the summer window.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:08 am 

We were never going to win the chumps league until the next year anyway

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:09 pm 

Gobby wrote:
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

I think what he was saying is that Clichy qualifies as a homegrown player. And that we might see the youngsters Karim Rekik or Emyr Huws might get the nod too. In addition to whoever we purchase in the summer window.

Thanks Gobs. Old people eh? :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:29 pm 

They are still robbing pikey gypo's led by the French Bastard!

How can they justify this, when other clubs could go bust through debt. It's a complete farce.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:01 am 

Platini proposes divvying up the fines between all the other clubs in the affected leagues andeuro competitions.
Means about 280000 for clubs included those relegated like Fulham.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:47 am 

Champions league homegrown player quota reduced from 8 to 5.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 am 

Yep

City's Champions League hopes next season have been given a boost after Uefa relaxed the terms of their squad restriction.

The Blues will only be able to name a 21-man squad for next season’s competition rather than the usual 25, as part of their punishment for breaches of financial fair play rules.

That led to fears that they would have to meet the strict criteria of including eight home-grown players in the squad.

That would have meant they could only include 13 foreign stars, and with 14 already on their books, and three more expected this summer, it would have left manager Manuel Pellegrini with a major headache.

Uefa have refused to reveal the detail of the make-up of the reduced squad and City say they have been instructed to stay tight-lipped.

But M.E.N. Sport understands that the Blues squeezed a concession out of Uefa and will be allowed 16 ‘free’ players and just five ‘home-grown’.

It explains why City have not made efforts to keep out-of-contract English players Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry, while Micah Richards, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair will leave.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:09 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Yep

City's Champions League hopes next season have been given a boost after Uefa relaxed the terms of their squad restriction.

The Blues will only be able to name a 21-man squad for next season’s competition rather than the usual 25, as part of their punishment for breaches of financial fair play rules.

That led to fears that they would have to meet the strict criteria of including eight home-grown players in the squad.

That would have meant they could only include 13 foreign stars, and with 14 already on their books, and three more expected this summer, it would have left manager Manuel Pellegrini with a major headache.

Uefa have refused to reveal the detail of the make-up of the reduced squad and City say they have been instructed to stay tight-lipped.

But M.E.N. Sport understands that the Blues squeezed a concession out of Uefa and will be allowed 16 ‘free’ players and just five ‘home-grown’.

It explains why City have not made efforts to keep out-of-contract English players Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry, while Micah Richards, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair will leave.

:confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-shrug: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-confused:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 pm 

As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 pm 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/18/uefa-relax-financial-fair-play-michel-platini

Monday 18 May 2015 10.03 EDT

The financial fair play rules that led to Manchester City being handed a huge fine by Uefa last season are set to be relaxed.

Uefa is expected to announce next month that the FFP rules will be eased to allow more owner investment, a move that will aim to nullify more than 10 legal challenges that the European governing body is now facing.

Some clubs including City have argued that the FFP rules favour the rich established clubs because they effectively prevent wealthy owners taking over a club and pumping in huge sums of money over a short period.

That scenario happened with City and Paris Saint-Germain and both were handed £49m fines and transfer restrictions last season and the European Clubs’ Association has been putting pressure on Uefa for a change.
Will Arsenal or Manchester United win the Premier League next season?
Read more

The Uefa president Michel Platini has revealed that some of the rules will be “eased” and the lawyer leading one of the legal challenges against the FFP system has responded by welcoming the move.

Platini told the French radio station RTL: “The world is two-faced but we will say this openly: I think we’ll ease things, but it will be the executive committee who will decide if it is to be eased or something like that, and the outcome will be known by the end of June.

“I think the regulations have been very good and it is the clubs who voted for FFP.

“But the French press say it is not right that [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich can buy many players and in France they cannot buy them. But if the Qataris had bought AC Milan the French would also say we should make financial fair play even tougher. As it is, the Italians wanted it eased.”

One source close to the negotiations said: “Many clubs want change – the current system means those who have more will always have more, and those who have less will always have less.

Jean-Louis Dupont, the lawyer leading the legal action against Uefa, said in a statement: “We welcome the announcement of a change in the rules in line with the demands expressed by our clients in their various legal actions.

“When the exact content and scope of these changes are known, we will consider with our clients how this development, which on first sight appears favourable, is likely to meet their legitimate expectations and influence the conduct of ongoing actions.”

No shit

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:52 pm 

We getting our fine back then?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 pm 

Hello lionel......how much do you want... :D

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 pm 

Amazing how this news come just days after United announce yet another set of dire financial figures isn't it? :think:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 am 

well they have to come up with some way that the established order can get themselves back to where they are "meant" to be, ie the combined red scum of the north west.