Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:32 am 

TiD wrote:
Sven is in the top 20 of all-time European trophy-winning managers. He should print this off Wiki and hand it to the tyrant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_club_competition_winning_managers

that's nonsense anyway, it values uefa or intertoto as the same as the european cup... and didnt you only have to win like four games to win the cup winners cup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:35 pm 

Taken from The Daily Mirror:

Bon Jovi will keep Man City away from home on UEFA Cup bow
By David Mcdonnell 17/05/2008
Related Articles

Manchester City will be Livin' On A Prayer when they begin their UEFA Cup campaign next season - all thanks to rock band Bon Jovi.

City's place in Europe was confirmed yesterday after they held off the challenge of Fulham to secure a UEFA Cup spot via the Fair Play Table.

But City, in disarray with boss Sven Goran Eriksson facing the sack and many of their disillusioned squad poised to leave, will be unable to play their first European tie at home.

The pitch at the City of Manchester Stadium is due to be relaid following a Bon Jovi concert on June 22 and will not be ready for their first qualifying match in July.

It means City are likely to have to play the tie at Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium.

Eriksson is on a promotional tour of the Far East with the club and is due to learn his fate today at a meeting with owner Thaksin Shinawatra.

The Swede welcomed City's entry into Europe through the back door.

"It's like the dream came true," said Eriksson.

"Our dream to play in Europe has been strong. At one point we thought we were almost sure to get there, at other points we've been almost out of it.

"But this news is absolutely fantastic for the club, the fans, for everyone.

"It's a step in the right direction because the target is to play in the Champions League, and the UEFA Cup is a very good school to learn about European football."

Although the draw for the first qualifying round will not be made until June 30, City are in line to face opposition from Estonia, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Lithuania or Luxembourg.

They could also meet Irish sides Glentoran, Cliftonville, Cork City and St Patrick's Athletic or Bangor from Wales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
i cant believe we got it over fulham, i never imagined such a thing

same, I am so glad the blues did that. I was afraid that we might see Fulham ahead of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:31 pm 

Congratulations everyone, we lost our last three games of the season. Even that so we qualified. I'm so happy, waiting for next season to come :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:41 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
same, I am so glad the blues did that. I was afraid that we might see Fulham ahead of us.

sarcasm anyone?

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17