Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pellegrini
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am 

Redknap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 am 

Versus HMRC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm 

bung

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm 

Quote:
Manchester City not concerned by delay in appointing Manuel Pellegrini• Former Málaga manager's arrival not in question, say City
• Carlos Tevez moves closer to possible transfer to Italy
Share 12
inShare.0Email Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Thursday 13 June 2013 18.49 BST
Manuel Pellegrini is yet to be formally appointed as the successor to Roberto Mancini at Manchester City. Photograph: David Ramos/Getty Images
Manchester City are unconcerned at the delay in appointing Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager and maintain that the arrival of the 59-year-old remains a formality.

Pellegrini held talks in Spain last week with City's sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, the chief executive, Ferran Soriano, and the academy head, Brian Marwood, but, while personal terms have been agreed and transfer targets discussed, his appointment has yet to be confirmed.

City have refused to comment on whether contractual issues between Pellegrini and his former club Málaga are responsible for the hold-up but are adamant the deal to replace Roberto Mancini with the former Villarreal and Real Madrid coach is not under threat and will be announced shortly.

The Premier League runners-up have signed Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for £30m and the Spain international Jesús Navas for an initial £14.9m from Sevilla since opening talks with Pellegrini, while Carlos Tevez's agent, Kia Joorabchian, is reported to be in Italy to discuss the striker's future with Milan and Juventus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:
Manchester City not concerned by delay in appointing Manuel Pellegrini• Former Málaga manager's arrival not in question, say City
• Carlos Tevez moves closer to possible transfer to Italy
Share 12
inShare.0Email Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Thursday 13 June 2013 18.49 BST
Manuel Pellegrini is yet to be formally appointed as the successor to Roberto Mancini at Manchester City. Photograph: David Ramos/Getty Images
Manchester City are unconcerned at the delay in appointing Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager and maintain that the arrival of the 59-year-old remains a formality.

Pellegrini held talks in Spain last week with City's sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, the chief executive, Ferran Soriano, and the academy head, Brian Marwood, but, while personal terms have been agreed and transfer targets discussed, his appointment has yet to be confirmed.

City have refused to comment on whether contractual issues between Pellegrini and his former club Málaga are responsible for the hold-up but are adamant the deal to replace Roberto Mancini with the former Villarreal and Real Madrid coach is not under threat and will be announced shortly.

The Premier League runners-up have signed Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk for £30m and the Spain international Jesús Navas for an initial £14.9m from Sevilla since opening talks with Pellegrini, while Carlos Tevez's agent, Kia Joorabchian, is reported to be in Italy to discuss the striker's future with Milan and Juventus.

Might have known he'd turn up sooner or later.

See malaga have signed Schuster as manager.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:20 pm 

Confirmed:

Quote:
Manchester City have appointed Manuel Pellegrini as manager.

The Chilean boss has signed a three-year deal at the Etihad Stadium and will be tasked with regaining the Premier League, improving Champions League performance and brining an entertaining brand of football to the fans.

He replaces Roberto Mancini, who was sacked shortly after the FA Cup final defeat against Wigan in May.

Pellegrini told www.mcfc.co.uk: “I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity. The Club has a clear vision for success both on and off the pitch and I am committed to making a significant contribution.

"Everything is in place for Manchester City to continue to be successful and I am excited to be able to work with such a talented squad, the Executive team and the Board to deliver for fans who are renowned for their steadfast support.”

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Manuel is a hugely experienced and successful manager with a proven track record."

Chief Executive Officer Ferran Soriano said: “Manuel is a very experienced coach with a recognised ability to get the most out of his players and build cohesive teams."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:21 pm 

He has signed according to the BBC

Starts officially June 24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm 

There were murmurs on talksport before about it being done today..

I hope we get a announcement today, its dragged a little..

then isco and cavani... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 pm 

its blowing up on twitter and ssn now..
its done bert.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm 

On the OS:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2013/June/Manuel-Pellegrini-infographic-video

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm 

Quote:
Manuel Pellegrini has more than 25 years of managerial experience during which time he has led clubs in his native Chile, Ecuador and Argentina to six major trophies,

6 trophy is 25 years in those leagues isn't amazing is it. Aye well, WTTCS, make sure you do well in the champions league or you'll be out on your ear :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Bastard wrote:
He reminds me of someone. Like a villain off the 1960s?

I think it's this guy he reminds me of:

Good call Bastard.

I've heard he's got a massive cock (Pellegrini that is).

I bet Moyes only has about 3" when it's hard... Smeagol look-alike cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm 

Quote:
Manuel Pellegrini confirmed as Manchester City manager
• Three-year deal for Chilean coach at Etihad Stadium
• 'I'm delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity'
• Louise Taylor on Pellegrini's fight for autonomy at City
Share 46

inShare
Email
Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Friday 14 June 2013 16.06 BST
Jump to comments (160)

Manuel Pellegrini takes over on a three-year deal at Manchester City. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA
Manuel Pellegrini has announced his long-awaited appointment as Manchester City manager with the lofty target of leading "the best squad in the Premier League" to domestic and Champions League titles next season.

The 59-year-old also promised a "new cycle and a new style" from the Roberto Mancini era as he was finally confirmed as the Italian's successor on Friday, almost two weeks after leaving Málaga. His arrival on a three-year, £3.4m a year contract had been delayed by a pay-off dispute with the Spanish club, whose appointment of Bernd Schuster as their new coach on Friday enabled the Chilean to rubber-stamp his move to the Etihad Stadium.

Pellegrini agreed personal terms with City last month and the club have since underlined their determination to reclaim the Premier League title from Manchester United by spending £30m to sign the Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk plus an initial £14.9m to prise Jesús Navas from Sevilla. Isco, who flourished under Pellegrini at Málaga and shares the same agent as his fomer manager, is expected to follow after his involvement in the European Under-21s Championship with Spain.

The additions to a squad that finished 11 points behind United in the Premier League last season and bottom of their Champions League group will, City's new manager believes, deliver a genuine challenge on both fronts in his debut campaign in charge. "Everyone knows that when you arrive at a club like Manchester City you must win titles," said Pellegrini.

"Manchester City have invested a lot of money to improve the squad every year and to try and win titles every year. They were not successful in some titles [last season] but I'm sure next year we can win maybe the Premier League and Champions League. We will try to win it all."

Pellegrini is currently on holiday and will officially commence work as City manager on 24 June. He will bring three members of his back-room team from Málaga to Manchester – long-time assistant Rubén Cousillas, the goalkeeping coach Xabier Mancisidor and fitness coach José Cabello – and has confirmed that Mancini's former assistant, Brian Kidd, will remain on the coaching staff.

The former Villarreal and Real Madrid coach said of Kidd: "It is very important for me that he stays at the club. I need him. He knows all about the club and the Premier League so it is very important he has agreed to stay with me. I'm really happy about that.

"It was not easy for him to finish the season after Mancini finished. He has a lot of experience in English football."

Pellegrini has spent his 26-year managerial career in Spain, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, where he won league titles with San Lorenzo and River Plate, but insists he will have no problems adapting to the Premier League. Speaking in perfect English to City's website, he said: "I'm 100% sure I won't have any problems being in the Premier League. I've worked in four different countries and now England. I know a lot about the Premier League and I won't have any problems in that sense. I will adapt."

City's new manager will be expected to improve dressing room relations at the club and the connection to the youth academy. It was notable how often Pellegrini was asked about Brian Marwood, the academy managing director who endured a difficult relationship with Mancini, during the interview for the official website. He admitted: "It is one of my duties at Manchester City to work closely with the youth team as well as the first team squad."

The club's chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak described Pellegrini as "a hugely experienced and successful manager with a proven track record. We have been greatly impressed throughout the selection process by his philosophy, his attitude and his commitment to the long-term development of Manchester City."

And Pellegrini added: "Roberto did a great job in Manchester but I think now we start a new cycle, a new style of football, adding to what Roberto has done. I had other important offers from other important clubs but the most important thing for me after speaking with Khaldoon, Txiki [Begiristain, director of football] and Ferran [Soriano, chief executive] is that I am sure we can make a great management team to reach the targets that Manchester City wants from the next few years. Also, I am sure, we have the best squad in the Premier League. We have wonderful players that can win important titles over the next three or four years."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:02 pm 

Should be an exciting season with this man in charge. I expect lots of attacking with Pace and fully expect us to progress in Europe to boot. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 pm 

Just had the best wank over this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
There were murmurs on talksport before about it being done today..

I hope we get a announcement today, its dragged a little..

then isco and cavani... ;)

:pray:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 am 

Gobby wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:54 am 

over Gobby's self abuse or Pellegrini's arrival?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:23 am 

Nice interview with him. Always had the feeling Mancini cost us points while Fergie was worth extra to the rags. Hopefully we now have someone with a touch more clarity of thought and composure and he certainly talks the talk about the style of football his teams play

The Isco transfer is getting mentioned everywhere in relation to this announcement too. Can't see why we wouldn't be in for him at that price for a talented player of that age

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:46 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
over Gobby's self abuse or Pellegrini's arrival?

meta wank i think

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next