Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: mancini's future
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:09 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:
talkSPORT's man in Malaga, Paul Breen-Turner, says Manuel Pellegrini is happy to stay with the La Liga side but the club's off-field issues mean he will have no option but to take the Manchester City job.

The fuck does this mean? Don't do us any favours Manuel!
Gallagheresque wrote:

Ah yes, talkSPORT's man in Malaga, that font of footballing insight and journalistic integrity

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm 

I am sickened by this. I think sacking Mancini was a stupid idea. He should have been given at least another year, especially as the rags are having to adjust to having a new manager.

The only "positives" are the rumours of the strife he was causing at City.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:38 pm 

Tresidentevil wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

Sky Sports understands City are also keen on Brendan Rodgers if they fail with Pellegrini. Allegedly

Sky Sports can suck my dick then.

anyway...

I have a feeling we might be seeing a bit more of Jose Mourinho at City pretty soon. Second fav with most bookies after this Pellegrini fella, then again they do talk some bullshit so who knows.

The bookies are just reflecting what people are betting on. It is no indicator of anything other than what a lot of people are betting on.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm 

Firstly Bobby will go down in City folklore for the Cup, the most thrilling title in history and humiliating the shite at their gaff.
Having said that I’ve never really settled with him but I felt that he had earned his right to stay at the club due to his previous successes and there are advantages to keeping a stable set up. It is easy to say we are in dream land and compared with some of the shit we have endured over the years we should be satisfied with second this season etc. For me there was more to it, for me my concerns were not really about our position in the table and the odd horrible display it was more about the potential of the team.

To my mind there are 3 types of managers, those that get more than the sum of the parts out of a team, perhaps by motivational skills or astute tactical considerations. There are those that get the sum of the parts and not much more or less and then there are those that actually make the situation worse. My concern about Bobby was that he fell into one of the latter two categories... Now of course I could be talking total bollocks and it was more about the players being work shy fannies, I guess we will find out soon.

I have heard since he was binned that Bobby never set foot in reserve team set up and if that is true it is simply disgraceful.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm 

Manchester City can confirm that Ivan Carminati, Fausto Salsano, Massimo Battara, Angelo Gregucci and Attilio Lombardo have left their respective roles at the football club.

We thank them for their contribution to Manchester City since their arrival and wish them well with their future careers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 am 

Bought a house in London apparently and wants a PL job. He must know something we don't

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:36 pm 

been appointed boss at galatasaray, first pasta, then chips and gravy, now hes on kebabs...