Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:43 am 

Squidge wrote:
Echoing what Timps said a bit...i'm so glad that the phrase "typical City is back"...i thought we were beginning to lose that

It never went away Squidge - it was always in the background, waiting and watching

allllwwaaaayyyysss watching

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:44 am 

Badger wrote:
Look Timp, up there ^^ where I said I didn't believe it myself. ;)

touche

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:44 am 

and thats why we love city, we wouldnt have it any other way

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
and thats why we love city, we wouldnt have it any other way

I would. As I said earlier, I'm 39 in a few weeks and this is all I've ever known, I'm bored of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:06 pm 

There are always highs and lows
In my lifetime I have seen 2 Cup Finals in 2 years then there was no building on that success till Mercer and Allison which lasted maybe 3 years 68-70 then it all fell apart again till 1981 and a short lived almost cup success , then Reid appeared to be getting things together a bit in the early 90s so he was sacked for nothing, KK did alittle bit for a season or so and then nothing till this season when we are about to establish ourselves in the higher reaches of the league and along comes Frank and blows it all away again.

So what is new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:22 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
There are always highs and lows
In my lifetime I have seen 2 Cup Finals in 2 years then there was no building on that success till Mercer and Allison which lasted maybe 3 years 68-70 then it all fell apart again till 1981 and a short lived almost cup success , then Reid appeared to be getting things together a bit in the early 90s so he was sacked for nothing, KK did alittle bit for a season or so and then nothing till this season when we are about to establish ourselves in the higher reaches of the league and along comes Frank and blows it all away again.

So what is new.

True Bert, but I guess it's all the false dawns that are starting to get to me a bit. If this was just a simple case of a chairman wanting to better for the club then fine, but it isn't.
It's not just the fact that Frank is going to fire a manager that has achieved the objectives fir his first season, it's the way it's been done and the damage it could potentially do to the club in the summer. I thought the days of fearing the transfer window had gone, but I suspect not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:42 pm 

Squidge wrote:
How on earth would they keep something like that silent though? Maybe it is true, it just seems highly unlikely to me that somebody would run a business like that.

Although i also didn't think it'd be run as it being now so who knows?

I dont think we landed on the moon either, no sarcasm intended, i dont. Who knows wtf goes on really, i cant never remembered city being this talked about and honestly now that i'm over the fact that Sven might leave i dont mind being this hot on the press.

Living in Australia football is hardley spoken about unless its Aussie rules and down in Melbourne, to be getting decent sized article in the paper about city is amazing. As they say any publicity is good publicity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:46 pm 

plusgood wrote:
I dont think we landed on the moon either, no sarcasm intended, i dont. Who knows wtf goes on really, i cant never remembered city being this talked about and honestly now that i'm over the fact that Sven might leave i dont mind being this hot on the press.

Living in Australia football is hardley spoken about unless its Aussie rules and down in Melbourne, to be getting decent sized article in the paper about city is amazing. As they say any publicity is good publicity.

We got a lot of publicity when Sven joined - that was good.
We get a lot of publicity when we turned over the rags at the swamp - that was good.
We got a lot of publicity when we topped the Premiership early this season - that was good.
We are now getting a lot of publicity because clueless Frank is giving Sven the boot and we are a laughing stock - this is shite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:49 pm 

slart wrote:
We get a lot of publicity when we turned over the rags at the swamp - that was good.
We got a lot of publicity when we topped the Premiership early this season - that was good.
We are now getting a lot of publicity because clueless Frank is giving Sven the boot and we are a laughing stock - this is shite!

Partial concurrence.

Would have been total concurrence but the fact that your positive publicity points are in the wrong order, ie when they occurred, just smacks of shoddy workmanship on your behalf IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm 

ESM wrote:
Partial concurrence.

Would have been total concurrence but the fact that your positive publicity points are in the wrong order, ie when they occurred, just smacks of shoddy workmanship on your behalf IMO.

*admires the pedantry*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:54 am 

slart wrote:

I can see where your coming from but, i was trying to make the point that even in a country where no one really gives a damn about 'soccer', city are making pages in the paper. Sure it might not be a good thing because we are as you say being turned into a lauging stock, but weren't we one anyways? False dawns, cant beat shit teams ect.

Just saying it puts us on the map as a big club elsewhere in the world where most people only know Man U and Real Madrid.