Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 pm 
bluto46 wrote:
you didnt pm me lol im also inclined to agree with you that its bollox this friend of a friend says this that and the other no-one really knows

Yeah. I'm just really bored with the whole 'friend of a friend of someone who works at City' kind of thing. It usually turns out to be either a wind up or just plain Chinese Whispers. The only real test of what's going to happen is time. We'll know soon enough. The idea that all the players thing Thaksin is 'a dictator' is laughable. I doubt many really know him. Only Sven probably knows that much about Frank and I don't see him telling tales. Ergo, the story was bollox. The bit about Dunne may or may not be true. There's always rumours about players and some turn out to be true and others don't. If you start enough rumours the law of averages says you're going to be right some of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 pm 

bluto46 wrote:
you didnt pm me lol im also inclined to agree with you that its bollox this friend of a friend says this that and the other no-one really knows

You have just said that nobody really knows but yet your inclined to agree????????????? Make your mind up champ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:38 pm 

magic mike wrote:
Think there's a press conference tuesday, so we should know more then. Maybe unveil Jo as well.....

Have we definitely got him then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:40 pm 
blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Have we definitely got him then?

I think Mike was inferring that we may have him. I certainly hope we do. Mind you, Mike does have something of a talent for knowing this info so perhaps we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:43 pm 

Emigre wrote:
You did ask. DOn't ask next time and I won't give my opinion.

Yes i did ask & yes i said rumour, i asked so anybody could give their opinion (including you) It''s just that unless your connected to the club (you answered like you owned it) you can't be 100% that it's bollocks. Talk about shooting the messenger!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 pm 
Scotty wrote:
Yes i did ask & yes i said rumour, i asked so anybody could give their opinion (including you) It''s just that unless your connected to the club (you answered like you owned it) you can't be 100% that it's bollocks. Talk about shooting the messenger!

There was no shooting. My answer was pretty straight forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I think Mike was inferring that we may have him. I certainly hope we do. Mind you, Mike does have something of a talent for knowing this info so perhaps we do.

Yeah I'd noticed, I hope we've got him I have not seen much of him admittedly but from what I have seen he's big strong fast and a cracking left foot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:50 pm 
blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Yeah I'd noticed, I hope we've got him I have not seen much of him admittedly but from what I have seen he's big strong fast and a cracking left foot

I believe he'd take our forward line to the next level. I'd sooner get Jo than Ronaldinho. We don't need to mess with our wage structure in that way. It could have severe repurcussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:51 pm 

Emigre wrote:
There was no shooting. My answer was pretty straight forward.

You don't say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:53 pm 
Scotty wrote:

Truth is, these rumours are very irritating. I didn't shoot anyone though, merely made my feelings known. You asked if the rumour was bollox. I believe this rumour is indeed bollox. I don't have any more proof of this than you though. I just feel strongly that when people start using words like 'dictator' it is tiresome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:53 pm 
Scotty wrote:
You don't say.

Funnily enough, I do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I believe he'd take our forward line to the next level. I'd sooner get Jo than Ronaldinho. We don't need to mess with our wage structure in that way. It could have severe repurcussions.

Yeah I mentioned that in the thread about him, we could afford massive wages for him because of all the merchandising and he would undoubtebly bring but I'm sure some of our best players wouldn't be happy that someone was doubling their wages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:56 pm 
blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Yeah I mentioned that in the thread about him, we could afford massive wages for him because of all the merchandising and he would undoubtebly bring but I'm sure some of our best players wouldn't be happy that someone was doubling their wages

Spot on. Leave that kind of crap to LA Galaxy. Sure he'd pay for himself, but that's not the point. The point is, as you said before, other players get pissed off and you disrupt the club as a whole. Do we want to become Chelsea? I don't think so. Even a CHampions League final place isn't worth that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:59 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Truth is, these rumours are very irritating. I didn't shoot anyone though, merely made my feelings known. You asked if the rumour was bollox. I believe this rumour is indeed bollox. I don't have any more proof of this than you though. I just feel strongly that when people start using words like 'dictator' it is tiresome.

To be honest i have never heard this before, about him being a so-called dictator. I completley missed the point if that's the reason you where rubbishing my story. I thought you where dismissing the Dunne bit as bollocks. I just wanted maybe someone to give me reasons why the Dunne thing is crap cause i don't want our captain & player of year for 4 years to go. Fuck knows why the groundsman would say the things he's said though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:03 pm 
Scotty wrote:
To be honest i have never heard this before, about him being a so-called dictator. I completley missed the point if that's the reason you where rubbishing my story. I thought you where dismissing the Dunne bit as bollocks. I just wanted maybe someone to give me reasons why the Dunne thing is crap cause i don't want our captain & player of year for 4 years to go. Fuck knows why the groundsman would say the things he's said though?

No, no, I have no idea about Dunne. It was just the bit about everyone hating Thaksin that I figured was probably bollox. I'd hate Dunney to go and be surprised if he did, given he's such a popular figure. I have everything crossed that he'll agree to stay. Why go to spuds when he's our captain and player of the year 4 years in a row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm 

Well if anyone to do with the club reads this forum I'm sure you've probably just got him the sack anyway
The groundsman I mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:06 pm 

Emigre wrote:
No, no, I have no idea about Dunne. It was just the bit about everyone hating Thaksin that I figured was probably bollox. I'd hate Dunney to go and be surprised if he did, given he's such a popular figure. I have everything crossed that he'll agree to stay. Why go to spuds when he's our captain and player of the year 4 years in a row.

I think he'll go I know most transfer rumours are bolloxs but the Dunne leaving has popped up time and time again since it was emerged Sven will probably go and I think he'd of publicly denied it if he was not tempted. Hope I'm wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:08 pm 

agree should have just said one of the ground staff it will be in the sun tomorrow as a quote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
Well if anyone to do with the club reads this forum I'm sure you've probably just got him the sack anyway

Oh no bluemooner, if he gets the sack it's his own fault. The guy should of kept his gob shut & kept it in-house. This is all bollocks though right ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:20 pm 

Scotty wrote:
Oh no bluemooner, if he gets the sack it's his own fault. The guy should of kept his gob shut & kept it in-house. This is all bollocks though right ;)

LOL you could of just said member of staff you've fucked him right over now haven't you :D I have no reason to doubt the groundsman did say that but why all the players would confide in him I don't know, he's probably just giving his opinion, and when he does get the sack he aint gonna be impressed with your mate for telling you, and so your mate will be pissed off with you for announcing it on a public forum you've open a massive can of worms ;)