Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robin Van Persie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:13 pm 

Ok ok but does he track back?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am 

Robin van Persie: Man Utd, Man City & Juventus make bids
By David Ornstein BBC Sport
Comments (42)

Arsenal have received bids for captain Robin van Persie from Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.

The 28-year-old Netherlands striker will not be part of the Gunners squad that travels to Asia on Saturday for a three-match pre-season tour.

It is understood City, United and Juve have tabled offers in the region of £15m, but Arsenal are keen to hold out for a fee of £25-30m.
Van Persie in numbers

Van Persie earned Arsenal 27 points last season, based on his goals and assists - the most of any player in the league
In the 2011-12 season, he scored a goal every 111 minutes while he was on the pitch
His total of 30 Premier League goals was more than his combined total from the previous two seasons
The Dutchman converted one in five chances last season, while 58% of his 141 shots were on target - the best record in the league

Van Persie's contract ends in 2013 and he says he will not sign a new deal.

The striker, who joined Arsenal from Feyenoord for £2.75m eight years ago, scored 41 goals in 53 games for club and country last season.

He was also named both the Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' player of the year last season.

However, he suffered a disappointing Euro 2012 campaign, finding the net only once as the Dutch crashed out of the tournament after losing all three group games.

After meeting with manager Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis in mid-May, Van Persie revealed he had disagreed with both men on the way the Premier League club should move forward.

"I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract," the Dutchman, at the club since 2004, wrote on his website.

"This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

"Out of my huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward."

Arsenal are due to play games in Malaysia, China and Hong Kong over the next two weeks.

They face a Malaysian XI on Tuesday in Kuala Lumpur, then head to Beijing to face Manchester City on Friday, 27 July. The Gunners finish their tour with a game against Kitchee FC in Hong Kong on Sunday, 29 July.

Van Persie will remain in England while Arsenal are away on tour, working on his fitness at the club's training base at London Colney.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 am 

ARSENAL have no intention of flogging captain Robin van Persie to bitter rivals Manchester United.

Reports in Italy yesterday claimed that the Gunners had turned down an offer from United for their double Footballer of the Year, who wants out of the Emirates.

The Dutch international has told Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wants his future sorted out before Saturday, when the squad are due to fly out to Malaysia for the club’s summer tour.

Arsenal value their top scorer from last season at £30million — a price way above what United are prepared to pay.

But Wenger is also reluctant to sell his prized asset to the club which have been his main title rivals during his 16 years in charge of the Gunners.

That would leave the door open for Manchester City, who would have no problem matching that fee and who now appear to be favourites for the Dutchman’s signature after Juventus turned their attentions elsewhere.

The Italian giants are now tracking Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic who would be available for a fee in the region of £23million.

The 22-year-old could be snapped up on wages of around £45,000 a week whereas Van Persie turned down £130,000 a week to stay at Arsenal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

Pallister telling him to get to United. We need one of our old big names to come and do the same.

Viera will do

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm 

Needs to be someone Dutch imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm 

No go Kids, Lets go get Falcao.

Robin van Persie tells agent Kees Vos: "I won't join Manchester City." (Sky Italia)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:31 pm 

I hope he goes to Juventus. Don't want him but don't want the rags getting him.

Cavani please.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:32 pm 

If we need a striker at all, that is

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 am 

Squidge, why exactly do you think Cavani would be worth it? I mean over our 4 forwards?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 pm 

I said "if we need a striker at all", meaning if Tevez or Dzeko does leave, I would rather have Cvani over RVP. Don't think i'd choose to let any the four go, but if we need a striker he would be my first choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm 

I still want shot of Tevez. Don't need that almost guaranteed hassle next season. Cavani would be a good shout just going by what he did to us and the Chavs in the CL. Or Llorente, although I don't know how much playing time he'd get if we've still got Mario and Edin on the books at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I still want shot of Tevez. Don't need that almost guaranteed hassle next season. Cavani would be a good shout just going by what he did to us and the Chavs in the CL. Or Llorente, although I don't know how much playing time he'd get if we've still got Mario and Edin on the books at the start of the season.

Does it ever stop? Can you please desist with this? :hand:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm 

There's no way he'll go all of next season being rotated and not cause some horrible scene. If ever I feel my attitude on him soften I think back to how I felt that night in Munich. Dude has an impecible track record for causing trouble. Get rid I say, get rid!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm 

What's the saying - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Not sure what the saying is for when you've been fooled half a dozen times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 pm 

Squidge wrote:
I said "if we need a striker at all", meaning if Tevez or Dzeko does leave, I would rather have Cvani over RVP. Don't think i'd choose to let any the four go, but if we need a striker he would be my first choice.

I would never pay more than 30m for a Player like Dzeko/RVP/Cavani, none of them is worth that money. Another tType like Aguero or Rooney is, even a young Drobga or Etoo. Especially if you have 4 Strikers (quality ones, which is already to much since mostly only 2 will play). Cavani ave a focused gameplan on him with Napoli, i ave seen many other Players shine in that situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 am 

Italian side Juventus aim to blow Manchester City and Manchester United out of the water with a staggering £70m deal for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, according to a report.

Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta is prepared to better any offer made by the Reds or Blues, report the Daily Mirror.

United are thought to be favourites to land the 28-year-old Dutchman's signature so Juve are ready to break the bank to tempt him to Italy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
What's the saying - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Not sure what the saying is for when you've been fooled half a dozen times.

Shame on you for fooling me, then shame on me for letting you fool me again. Simples.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm 

So the scum have agreed a fee fir him

Meh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm 

out injured for 6 months of the season
:8ball:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next