Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Hazard
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:
He hasn't really done that much wrong, he's had a microphone shoved in his face for over a year asking him to comment on speculation about various clubs, and he's just answered in a diplomatic way..

Lol, diplomatic would have been 'no comment', not what he's been actively doing over the past few weeks which is intentionally dropping hints in an attempt to increase speculation and force the clubs after him to offer more wages/a higher fee for his agent, who like I said before stands to make £7million out of this deal - Hazard's his only high profile client so he was very much trying to orchestrate this to squeeze as much money out of it as possible.

True, he has been man "Ho-ing" himself since January, no need for that. Its not for ambition! :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
He hasn't really done that much wrong, he's had a microphone shoved in his face for over a year asking him to comment on speculation about various clubs, and he's just answered in a diplomatic way..

Lol, diplomatic would have been 'no comment', not what he's been actively doing over the past few weeks which is intentionally dropping hints in an attempt to increase speculation and force the clubs after him to offer more wages/a higher fee for his agent, who like I said before stands to make £7million out of this deal - Hazard's his only high profile client so he was very much trying to orchestrate this to squeeze as much money out of it as possible.

It would be much easier on fans if footballers took a vow of silence, although sports newspapers / websites would be fucking boring. Given a choice, when some Catalan journo walks up to Yaya and asks him what he thinks about Barca I'd rather he spat in his face and went on his way, but it doesn't turn out like that.

So this guy's saying stuff in order to "force clubs to offer more wages". What a madman! He should be shunned by every other professional footballer who as we know only play for... other stuff. Bearing in mind we've been on the wrong end of accusations of ruining football by paying over the odds for players, we can't have a go at Hazard for playing the same game just because he doesn't pick us.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:52 pm 

we can't have a go at Hazard for playing the same game just because he doesn't pick us.

It's nothing to do with him not choosing us, the warning bells were going off a long time ago and I actively didn't want him to come to us after a week or so of his cockteasing twitter updates. He seems like exactly the sort of character we don't want in the dressing room and he's an example of players thinking they're bigger than the club. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:59 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
we can't have a go at Hazard for playing the same game just because he doesn't pick us.

It's nothing to do with him not choosing us, the warning bells were going off a long time ago and I actively didn't want him to come to us after a week or so of his cockteasing twitter updates. He seems like exactly the sort of character we don't want in the dressing room and he's an example of players thinking they're bigger than the club. Fuck that.

He seems to me exactly the sort of player who would do well for us for a couple of seasons, then we'd sell to Real Madrid for £50m+. I don't blame him for cashing in on the first big move of his career. There doesn't appear to have been any question of his attitude at Lille, he seemed to play every match giving it his all even after he knew he was moving on, actually getting better all the time. I hope I'm wrong and he bombs, but I've got a feeling we've missed out on a pretty special player here.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 pm 

I ask you, why would he decide on Chelsea over us? Okay there is the London draw card but I put it to you that our Owner has decided we aren't paying stupid stupid prices any more, we've done that. Then there's Roman who wants to continue on the CL win and knows he needs to invest. I bet he is on dumb coin at chavs.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:11 pm 

The main thing for me after the whole Kia mess is we've decided we don't want to be held to ransom by agents - £7million is over twice as much as any has received before and I think it's right that we've told him to do one.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:19 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
The main thing for me after the whole Kia mess is we've decided we don't want to be held to ransom by agents - £7million is over twice as much as any has received before and I think it's right that we've told him to do one.

Does he own a percentage of his economic rights? I know that Jorge Mendes is being investigated at the moment for some of the fees he's recouped in transfers, it seems unlikely this guy would pull such a brazen stunt as charging 25% of the value of the transfer unless he had some legitimate claim to.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm 

I'm not entirely sure how it works in this situation but the guy is called John Bico, Hazard's his only major client and he's after a massive chunk of cash because that's what agents do. I heard united balked at his wages, we didn't want to pay so much in agent fees and Chelsea were happy to do both.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm 

What BBC said.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:09 pm 

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

Gazzetta dello Sport claims #mcfc are lining up Inter's Wesley Sneijder (27) as an alternative for Hazard and have made enquiries already.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch

Gazzetta dello Sport claims #mcfc are lining up Inter's Wesley Sneijder (27) as an alternative for Hazard and have made enquiries already.

That would piss the rags right off... :pray:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm 

Oh dear good yes please Sneijder. :pray:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:37 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

He seems to me exactly the sort of player who would do well for us for a couple of seasons, then we'd sell to Real Madrid for £50m+. I don't blame him for cashing in on the first big move of his career. There doesn't appear to have been any question of his attitude at Lille, he seemed to play every match giving it his all even after he knew he was moving on, actually getting better all the time. I hope I'm wrong and he bombs, but I've got a feeling we've missed out on a pretty special player here.

have to agree with this, think he is going to be the next sensation in Europe. 30m will be seen as a good price for Hazard in 4 years time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7