Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hazard
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm 

The way he and his agent using us as a bet and lure us into senseless bidding war make me pissed already.
I don't care where he goes but if he get more then what he is worth, he is over rated .

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am 

He's still a gamble in the EPL, bit of a strop by all accounts,would sooner see the arrival of Lavezzi.Oh, and RVP.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 am 

It appears that he wants £200k per week ,more than Vincent ,Joe and others. We are offering £110k . He has only played in the French league, which is not as good as the Spanish, Italian or ours.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:13 am 

can the rags afford to go that high?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 am 

I believe they are losing interest for the same reason

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:41 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

Saw this reported too. They could afford him but it would probably elevate him above many established players as it would it would with us (Silva, Aguero). Chelsea seem to be heavily tipped to sign him at the moment, and with the departure of Anelka and Drogba it seems a likely move. They already have Lukaku who is also highly rated...Chelsea building for the future?
There are a couple of others that I'm sure are been looked at - Neymar (Santos) and Gotze (Dortmund) are two that I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked to.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 am 

ThunderinScitters wrote:
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

Saw this reported too. They could afford him but it would probably elevate him above many established players as it would it would with us (Silva, Aguero). Chelsea seem to be heavily tipped to sign him at the moment, and with the departure of Anelka and Drogba it seems a likely move. They already have Lukaku who is also highly rated...Chelsea building for the future?
There are a couple of others that I'm sure are been looked at - Neymar (Santos) and Gotze (Dortmund) are two that I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked to.

I think Barcelona have first option.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:29 am 

Hazard sounds toxic to me.

Move on City.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 am 

Agreed, I think RVP from our feeder club will be just fine.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:05 am 

If we manage to have a clear out of a few and lower the wage bill then I think Hazard sounds like a good shout, if only to piss the Munichs off.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 am 

Can you please start a thread about your housemate and collect all current quotes and add any new ones, cos I find her hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 am 

If this guy's worth £30m +, which by all accounts he is, then I can understand him expecting to be paid in line with our highest earners. RVP and Lavezzi are forwards, and considerably older - it's not like for like. And Lavezzi's not nearly as good, and for all the talk of the French League being shit, players coming from the Italian league have a much worse track record IMO.

This kid's the real deal and we shouldn't bite our nose off to spite our face. I watched him playing against Liverpool in both legs of a European tie a couple of years ago and he ripped them apart, and he's come on a lot since then too by the sounds of it. Second top goal scorer and top assists in the league from midfield, and French Player of the Year 2 years in a row at an age when you couldn't hope for much more than Young Player of the Year... I hope we really push the boat out to sign him.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:18 am 

Make a few minor changes and you just described Edin Dzeko.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am 

Completely different player and situation, I don't know where to begin.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

South East Citizen wrote:
If this guy's worth £30m + £20m+, which by all accounts he is, then I can understand him expecting to be paid in line with our highest earners. RVP and Lavezzi are forwards, and considerably older - it's not like for like. And Lavezzi's not nearly as good, and for all the talk of the French German League being shit, players coming from the Italian league have a much worse track record IMO.

This kid's guy's the real deal and we shouldn't bite our nose off to spite our face. I watched him playing against Liverpool Manchester United in both legs of a European tie a couple of years ago and he ripped them apart scored Wolfsburg's only goal in a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford, and he's not come on a lot since then too by the sounds of it. Second top goal scorer and top assists in the league from midfield a striker, and French German Players' Player of the Year 2 years in a row once at an age when you couldn't hope for much more than probably wouldn't qualify for Young Player of the Year... I hope we really push the boat out to sign him.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 am 

Completely different player and situation, I don't know where to begin.

If we sign him and it goes tits up I'm blaming you, make no mistake... :snooty:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 am 

I think there are at least some similarities, but now is not a time for arguing. In the beginning Good always overpowered the evils of rags and of all man's sins...But in time the clubs grew weak and our city fell to slums while evil stood strong in the dusts of hell and in Salford lurked the blackest of hates. For he who bids fear awaits you, now many many years later Blues lay destroyed, beaten, beaten down. Only the corpses of rebels, ashes from the theatre of dreams and blood red stained streets. It has been written "Those who have the youth have the future". So come now, children of the City beast
be strong and shout at the red devils.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

If this guy's worth £30m + £20m+, which by all accounts he is, then I can understand him expecting to be paid in line with our highest earners. RVP and Lavezzi are forwards, and considerably older - it's not like for like. And Lavezzi's not nearly as good, and for all the talk of the French German League being shit, players coming from the Italian league have a much worse track record IMO.

This kid's guy's the real deal and we shouldn't bite our nose off to spite our face. I watched him playing against Liverpool Manchester United in both legs of a European tie a couple of years ago and he ripped them apart scored Wolfsburg's only goal in a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford, and he's not come on a lot since then too by the sounds of it. Second top goal scorer and top assists in the league from midfield a striker, and French German Players' Player of the Year 2 years in a row once at an age when you couldn't hope for much more than probably wouldn't qualify for Young Player of the Year... I hope we really push the boat out to sign him.

I stand corrected...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I think there are at least some similarities, but now is not a time for arguing. In the beginning Good always overpowered the evils of rags and of all man's sins...But in time the clubs grew weak and our city fell to slums while evil stood strong in the dusts of hell and in Salford lurked the blackest of hates. For he who bids fear awaits you, now many many years later Blues lay destroyed, beaten, beaten down. Only the corpses of rebels, ashes from the theatre of dreams and blood red stained streets. It has been written "Those who have the youth have the future". So come now, children of the City beast
be strong and shout at the red devils.

Way too creative for half ten in the morning, how many coffees you had?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:43 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Can you please start a thread about your housemate and collect all current quotes and add any new ones, cos I find her hilarious.

My housemate is a bona fide legend. She's rapidly becoming one of my favourite people, present company excepted. A couple of fridays ago she went out on a date with some poor unsuspecting bloke. She was a bit nervous so I suggested she neck the remnants of the bottle of vodka that was on the living room table, which she duly did. She then drank most of a bottle of rosé. When I dropped her off at Revolution an hour or so later she was slaughtered. The date was apparently going quite well from the couple of texts she sent - they'd done the "row of shots" thing which Revs sell, probably not the best thing in her case, and had a few friendly drinks. At about half 11 she asked her beau to hold her drink while she went to the toilet, and then promptly vanished. She doesn't know what happened. She had a text the following day from one of her mates who manages the door of a bar just up the street - he'd apparently put her in a cab home, but she'd told the driver not to take her home and instead went round to another friend's house, and instigated a house party. I had nine missed calls off her, starting at 12 midnight on the dot, and finishing at 6.46am. (I was passed out in a drunken stupor at home) She managed to make her way home at some point, empty her bin onto her bed and puke on the carpet.

The poor fucker she'd been out with spent the next two hours panicking about her, sending texts and leaving voice mails. He looked all over the city centre and missed the last bus home, didn't have money left for a cab and had to walk the eleven miles back to Draycott. Amazingly they went out again last week.

I've collated all the quotes so far into a word doc on my desktop. When I've got a few new ones I'll do the thread. We're planning a barbecue and drinks for the weekend so there's going to be a plentiful supply there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next