Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:
I would definitely like;

Hazard
Martinez
RVP

If Dzeko goes then Llorente and a couple of young uns, a CB maybe.

Definitely not the monkey faced welsh twat though.

Martinez has a lot of Busquets about him, and I know you're not a fan of him. RVP is cracking on a bit and has only really had 1 prolific injury free season - for what he'd cost I don't think it's the best option out there.

Does anyone like Busquets tbf? Disgusting human being.
RVP would be killer for us and offer us something different, we wouldn't need to rush him back from injury like Arsenal do.
What would he cost? He has 1 year left no? I think £20m would be a bargain :think:

Noddy; he makes a heart shape with his hands :hand:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 am 

Nods, we have Richards and Kolo for CH. That should really be enough.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Nods, we have Richards and Kolo for CH. That should really be enough.

PSG are eyeing Kolo, I can see him going.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 am 

That Chiellini would be a useful signing. Can play CB or LB.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 am 

And we have Savic. He'll be excellent come 2016 season.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 am 

I worry that if we buy too many top players we might cause unrest when they find themselves sitting on the bench for too many matches.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am 

Honestly I think we could do with Hazard and possibly another defender but other than that just operate a straight one-out-one-in policy. If Dzeko/Tevez/Balotelli goes then replace with Higuain/Cavani/Llorente but there's no need to go on a big spree. Our spending was down this season and I'd expect similar this summer.

Also, I'd consider putting a bid in for Junior Hoilett. He's going to be a top player - I saw something in him last season so he's been in my dream team from the get-go this season and he's been excellent. Obviously not if we get Hazard, but at the moment it wouldn't hurt having another attacking player who can play on the wings. Now Blackburn are down I can't see them being able to turn down a £10m bid and we'll be able to offer more wages than the other teams interested.

I'm pretty sure he's out of contract. May be wrong though.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am 

Winston_Smith wrote:

Hmm. I see your point. Is it not the 30 seconds to Mars thing? Either way it's annoying

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 pm 

Winston_Smith wrote:

What a bluff, nd everyone s belive it s a heart shape....

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:52 am 

Quote:
If Queens Park Rangers are beaten this afternoon at the Etihad Stadium, one notable coda could be the exit of a gang of Manchester City players who helped push the club over the line to the title.

In a fire sale unprecedented in this and any other league around £200m worth of City talent will be up for grabs this summer. Add the salaries of the 11 players in question and more than a quarter of a billion pounds of Sheikh Mansour's investment could walk out of the door.

The snapshot at Eastlands commemorating The Way They Were would have Carlos Tevez (cost, £47m), Edin Dzeko (£27m), Mario Balotelli (£24m), Aleksandar Kolarov (£19m), Kolo Touré (£16m), Adam Johnson (£7m), Stefan Savic (£6m) and David Pizarro (free) in the frame as Roberto Mancini continues to strengthen a squad whose next challenge will be conquering Europe.

Already the talk around Eastlands is of the quest for long-term domination of English football, should the 44-year championship hoodoo be broken today. "I don't know," Mancini says. "Manchester City now is one of the top teams in England and Europe. After, if Manchester City can win the title for three or four years, it is possible. Now, I don't know. It's important to win the first, and the second afterwards."

City's sale of the century will definitely include three loanees for whom they paid a combined £54.5m. These are Emmanuel Adebayor, currently at Tottenham Hotspur and who cost City £25m from Arsenal, Wayne Bridge (at Sunderland, who cost £12m), and Roque Santa Cruz (at Real Betis, who cost £17.5m).

While City may not part with all of this Etihad XI, or expect to recoup the full £200.5m outlay, even a 50% return would yield £100m as Mancini looks to recruit for next season and City attempt to fall in line with Uefa's stringent financial fair play rules.

For varying reasons Mancini will find some of his unwanted personnel harder to trade than others. The head coaches of Milan, Inter, Paris St-Germain, Barcelona and Real Madrid all gaze admiringly at Tevez, the most prominent of the potential departees. They see a proven performer who has supplied vital goals also at West Ham and Manchester United. But the sticking point could well prove to be a £250,000-a-week salary and the effort of coping with an individual temperament which led to him downing tools for six months following his touchline dispute with Mancini in Munich.

Whether any elite club can finally strike a deal to take Tevez from City could be a summer saga to repeat last year's on-off move to Corinthians, which was followed up by his January dalliance with Milan, Inter and PSG. The stumbling block has been City's insistence that £25m is the price for the Argentinian. But Chelsea, say, may assess how Tevez finished the season with four goals (so far), while looking sharp and refreshed after his prolonged hiatus.

Of Balotelli the noises coming from both Mancini and the Italian forward are that he will stay in Manchester. Yet as his antics this season illustrate, Balotelli is unpredictable and, if a sizeable offer is lodged, Mancini may decide to cut his losses on a player who has been a constant source of headaches since his arrival two years ago.

Mancini is certainly seeking at least one new striker, whether Balotelli leaves or not, with Arsenal's potent Robin van Persie his first choice. Dzeko – 15 goals in 44 league appearances – has proved one-paced and Adebayor is another player to have fallen out with Mancini. Spurs may be interested in making the Togolese's move permanent, though his £170,000-a-week salary is a demand even ambitious Tottenham may balk at.

Of the rest Kolarov is now the third-choice left-back behind Gaël Clichy and Pablo Zabaleta; Kolo Touré is relatively old at 31; Johnson, 24, has potential but may leave to improve on only 10 league starts this season; Savic appears out of his depth; Pizarro was always a short-term solution to fill in for the unfit Owen Hargreaves; while Bridge and Santa Cruz have been surplus to requirements for at least a season now.

Mancini is understandably reluctant to discuss the shape of next season's squad with the title still not in the bag. "To talk about next season is too early now," he says. "It is better to talk only about the next two days. Next season we have time to talk about everything. But we have good players, I don't know what will happen over the next two months. For me, they can all stay."

Mancini was speaking two days before City's biggest game for nearly 50 years, against Queens Park Rangers this afternoon, and in a manner to protect team spirit for the season's final challenge. In reality the club is preparing for an exodus of all the loanees on its books and many of today's match-day squad who hope to help City to a first league championship since 1968.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:31 am 

Zabs is a left back?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:40 am 

Hes a alternative for that position, yes, but if the press says that he is it must be true.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:52 am 

Still spouting the old bullshit about Tevez costing £45m

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 am 

balky wrote:
Hes a alternative for that position, yes, but if the press says that he is it must be true.

That's what I was getting at ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 am 

Quote:
Manchester City vow to put foot down on transfers after title triumph

Manchester City are determined to take a tough line over their strategy in the summer transfer market, refusing to pay over the odds to strengthen their squad or sell any player for less than their valuation.

With the demands of Uefa's financial fair play regulations City know they may have to sell before operating towards the higher end of the market, with up to 11 of Roberto Mancini's squad potentially available and Eden Hazard, the Lille and Belgium attacking midfielder, among their prime targets.

The club believe that Milan's failure to prise Carlos Tevez away in January for less than the £25m asking price, despite the striker's dispute with Mancini, provided a watershed decision that underlined their refusal to let players leave on the cheap.

The chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, said on Monday there would be "no major changes", as Mancini is generally content with a squad who have delivered a first league championship in 44 years. Mubarak also stated that the club's long-term vision is to focus on the development of homegrown talent.

Mubarak told the club's website: "Let's start from this point – this team we have is a championship team, it's won the Premier League so we're not starting from the same point of any other pre-season over the last four years.

"We had to improve in a very dramatic manner. Today we have a very strong nucleus, a nucleus that has won the FA Cup and Premier League and that has improved as a team together.

"It's important to harness that nucleus and improve in a tactical way because we always want to improve and get better at all levels. You are not going to see any major changes. I think there's going to be improvement but in a very manageable way."

Regarding the development of players from City's academy, Mubarak said: "It's crucial when you look at FFP, when you look at what the academy does for the community and how we manage the evolution of his cub over the next 10 years, it's fundamental to our growth strategy and success to have a successful programme that produces young talent into the first team."

Mubarak, who praised Mancini for his willingness to "evolve", is also content with the work of Brian Marwood, the chief football operations officer. "We have the right scouting, the right management of that, I have the highest regard for Brian Marwood for what he has accomplished in that area," he said. "Hats off to Brian, he has been fantastic. It's working and it's working at all levels. The academy is not something you can judge today. It's a long-term programme. You are not going to be able to judge that success until three or four years from now."

City celebrated their Premier League crown with an open-top bus parade through Manchester, with Mario Balotelli missing due to being called up by Italy and Yaya Touré in Monaco getting treatment on the hamstring he injured in Sunday's 3-2 win over Queens Park Rangers that sealed the championship. John Guidetti, City's Swedish striker who is on-loan at Feynoord, has been ruled out of Euro 2012 due to a sciatic nerve problem.

I'm happy with this. If we get Hazard in and then operate a one-out one-in policy on strikers and centre-backs then I think we'll be about right for next season. We don't need a squad full of starters and the likes of Zabaleta, de Jong, Johnson, Milner, etc. - if they're happy to stay - are certainly very good quality 'squad players'. Main objective for the summer ought to be offloading Adebayor, Bridge and Santa Cruz - after that, look to replace Tevez and Kolo Touré but keep them on if we don't get offered fair market value.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am 

Happy with that also. At best we get two new faces, as Khaldoun said 'we have the nucleus now'. Do we ever. :cool:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Happy with that also. At best we get two new faces, as Khaldoun said 'we have the nucleus now'. Do we ever. :cool:

I loved it when he said the sheik watched every minute of every match...

I guess when your worth (adug) 6-700 billion...it like me having 600 quid and spending a tenna on something.
But khaldoun is class..
I might even turn in to a musser... :o

Edit: just been having a curious look at mansour, his personnel fortune is 17 billion..but the abu dhabi united group is now worth....................deep breath.......
1 Trillion is us dollars

sounds better than billions don't it..geeeez

Last edited by kippax_in_my_blood on Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

I guess when your worth (adug) 6-700 billion...it like me having 600 quid and spending a tenna on something.
But khaldoun is class..

A quid you mean. I'd like to see what our squad would look like if he'd spent 10 billion quid on us!

*spaffs*

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

But khaldoun is class..

A quid you mean. I'd like to see what our squad would look like if he'd spent 10 billion quid on us!

*spaffs*

Mate check my edit....$1 Trillion
Adug's net worth...

excuse my language, but fuck me... :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am 

can see us only replacing like with like.

tevez out? cavani/llorente in

hazard - just to stop taggart getting him

i would look at getting rid of savic and bringing in another CB, toure won't stand for being back up for much longer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next