Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am 

Seems that the shite have got the jump on us and landed that Scholes fella.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am 

Markered Man wrote:
Seems that the shite have got the jump on us and landed that Scholes fella.

:D

Nice one. Good job they aren't desperate, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
i would look at getting rid of savic and bringing in another CB, toure won't stand for being back up for much longer.

I think we should get rid of Kolo this summer. Anyone notice his reaction, or lack of, after Aguero's goal on Sunday? He stood up, walked up to the touchline, then put his hands back in his coat pockets. No emotion whatsoever. Looks like his mid is already elsewhere.

Is it worth getting rid of Savic already? Any harm in giving him another season?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Timpblue wrote:
i would look at getting rid of savic and bringing in another CB, toure won't stand for being back up for much longer.

I think we should get rid of Kolo this summer. Anyone notice his reaction, or lack of, after Aguero's goal on Sunday? He stood up, walked up to the touchline, then put his hands back in his coat pockets. No emotion whatsoever. Looks like his mid is already elsewhere.

Is it worth getting rid of Savic already? Any harm in giving him another season?

I would keep Savic. He's still only young. He can improve. However, we need another centre back with experience. Mancini will know this.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:57 pm 

Loan him out to a rubbish premiership team.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:57 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Timpblue wrote:

I'm with you on this. I think we need another 'solid' centre-back should Touré leave but there's no harm in keeping Savic around - he's got potential and I doubt he'll be on much in terms of wages. If he wasn't in our squad next season, I'd hope he would be out on loan rather than completely out of the squad. Realistically, the threat to Savic's place in the squad as the 'young centre-back with potential' is from Boyata - who hasn't been that great this season at Bolton; it would be a shame to lose another 'home-grown' player though.

Kompany, Lescott, New centre-back (or Touré if no good CB available at fair price), Richards, Savic/Boyata really ought to be a good enough set of options for the position. Yaya Touré can fill in if necessary as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 pm 

having to rely on savic, and his mistakes, at a crucial point was costly. but then having two of the experienced defenders out is unusual.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
having to rely on savic, and his mistakes, at a crucial point was costly. but then having two of the experienced defenders out is unusual.

Well actually it wasn't though was it?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

:D

I think Rekik (sp?) will overtake Boyata. He got rave reviews when he was on loan and even got a mention from Khaldoon in his interview.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

I don't know, that game probably put 5 years on me.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm 

We have to give him time. He's only 21. Remember what Lee Croft, Willow Flood, Matias Vuoso, Laurent Charvet, Jeff Whitley were like at 21, you have to give them time.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:12 pm 

wasn't he playing for a cup game?

he also lost us the chance to win the title at the home derby.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:13 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
We have to give him time. He's only 21. Remember what Lee Croft, Willow Flood, Matias Vuoso, Laurent Charvet, Jeff Whitley were like at 21, you have to give them time.

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:18 am 

Landed the league title and now back to being a selling club:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... out-883375

Alex Livesey

Edin Dzeko is a £25million target for Bayern Munich as Manchester City look to clear the decks for Robin van Persie.

City are actively trying to sell strikers Dzeko, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz AND Emmanuel Adebayor.

In fact, the only hitman they definitely want to keep is Sergio Aguero, scorer of the last-gasp goal against QPR that so dramatically clinched the Premier League title last month.

Big-spending City have told manager Roberto Mancini he has to sell before he can buy Arsenal goal-machine Van Persie, as they are determined to get their house in order for the introduction of UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules.

Holland star Van Persie is Mancini's number one priority, but the deal is looking complicated because of City's sell-first stance.

The new Premier League champions are unlikely to sanction big pay-offs for any of their flock of unwanted strikers, who may struggle to match their current contracts elsewhere, because they are likely to fall foul of FFP guidelines.

Dzeko, a £27m signing from German side Wolfsburg only 18 months ago, has attracted strong interest from Bayern and other Bundesliga clubs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

:clap:

Should have substituted Charvet for Martin "Buster" Phillips. Charvet wasn't a youngster at City whereas Buster was going to be England's first £10m player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 pm 

Well it would seem Thiago Silva won't be coming

Quote:
AC Milan reject PSG offer for Thiago Silva

AC Milan have turned down a world record offer for a defender from Paris St-Germain for Thiago Silva.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi says the cash-rich Ligue 1 side made a bid of nearly €46m (£37.5m) for the 27-year-old Brazil international centre-back.

"We had no intention of selling Silva," he told TV channel SportItalia.

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand is still the world's most expensive defender after his £33.1m move from Leeds 10 years ago.

The Qatar Investment Authority bought a 70% stake in PSG last year and has promised to give coach Carlo Ancelotti transfer funds.

The Italian hopes to improve a squad that finished second in the league last season, three points behind surprise champions Montpellier, and is looking to his former club Milan for new signings, with Silva and Sweden captain Zlatan Ibrahimovic high on his reported list of targets.

Silva is currently under contract with the Rossoneri until June 2016, and his agent Paolo Tonietto has said that Milan need to offer him a new deal if he is to remain with the Italian club.

Berlusconi suggested that the club are willing to give Thiago, who earns a reported €4m (£3.25m) a year, a contract extension.

"Thiago Silva is a great man and we can find an easy solution," Berlusconi said.

"We hope to have the best defence next season."

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has been in talks this week with PSG over the possible sale of Silva but Berlusconi said that the offer was rejected because they would not have been able to find a suitable replacement.

"They made us a very interesting offer, close to €46m," Berlusconi said.

"We considered the possibility (to sell) and we looked at the central defenders that could replace Thiago Silva but we haven't found an adequate player.

"The old heart of Silvio Berlusconi has allowed us to reject this offer."

PSG sporting director Leonardo was disappointed that he was unable to reach an agreement with his former club for Silva, who joined Milan from Fluminense in December 2008 in a deal worth €10m (then £8.4m).

"Milan seemed willing but then there were certain things that blocked the situation," Leonardo told Sky Italia.

"We thought the negotiations would be successful."

Leonardo, 42, who has played for and coached Milan also said that PSG were only interested in Silva and had made no inquiry for Ibrahimovic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 pm 

Berlusconi up to his old tricks.