Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:39 pm 

Hey guys who do you think we should buy as a quick fix for Toure ? Keep the players we have and involve Owen Hargreaves more or buy someone like M'vila, Poli etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm 

Unusually interesting first post.

Well Mancini fancies De Rossi but it depends whether he signs a new contract. If not he could be available for as little as £5m, but we'd have to pay him a ridiculous amount in wages.

Diarra at Madrid is always being linked with clubs, but I don't know that we need him. Give Nige a run of games and use Hargreaves and Milner there while Barry's suspended. Zabs has often done a good job there too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:46 pm 

fuck off newb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:50 pm 

We'll be fine without signing anyone - we've got Barry, Nige and Milner, which is more than enough. Whilst Barry is out we'll have to make do with Hargreaves or Zabs but that will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:57 pm 

DDR.

Only this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:

Well Mancini fancies De Rossi but it depends whether he signs a new contract. If not he could be available for as little as £5m, but we'd have to pay him a ridiculous amount in wages.

Diarra at Madrid is always being linked with clubs, but I don't know that we need him. Give Nige a run of games and use Hargreaves and Milner there while Barry's suspended. Zabs has often done a good job there too...

Yeah I guess we do have enough people in the middle of the park to hold one for a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:04 pm 

your mother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:07 pm 

thenabster wrote:
Hey guys who do you think we should buy as a quick fix for Toure ? Keep the players we have and involve [SIZE="4"]Owen Hargreaves [/SIZE]more or buy someone like M'vila, Poli etc

I hope not! Why we even bothered with him at all is baffling, unless it was to keep our medical staff busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 pm 

when he played eh was alright wasn't he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 pm 

Much rather have seen some of the youth given a chance. We hardly ever do this anymore. We have some promising youngsters so why not give them a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 pm 

Roberto Mancini admits City bid for Daniele De Rossi depends on sales
• Manager keen on January deal for Roma midfielder
• But Manchester City must sell 'three or four' players first

reddit this
Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 5 January 2012 10.25 GMT
Article history

Roma's Daniele De Rossi is a target for Manchester City, but Roberto Mancini says he must sell players before they can buy. Photograph: Paolo Bruno/Getty Images
The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, may consider making new signings in this month's transfer window, but only if there are significant departures first.

City are still seeking to offload their absent striker Carlos Tevez, while the defenders Nedum Onuoha and Wayne Bridge, both surplus to requirements, are also available.

Mancini said: "We could maybe bring someone in, but we need to sell three or four players. With Carlos we could close [a deal] in the next three or four days, and also possibly Wayne. Then maybe we can do something. With Carlos there are two or three teams in Italy, a team in France, and another team involved – I hope for him he can start to play football."

City have been linked with Roma's Daniele De Rossi to help cope with the loss of Yaya Touré, who is heading for the Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast, but Mancini admitted it could be tough to convince him to leave Italy.

He said: "De Rossi is a top player, like Yaya, but he plays for Roma, a top team, and he was born there. I don't know if he will leave."

Mancini has also spoken of his concerns over City's mental strength, despite their three-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

"We have done well this season, but we could do more," he told the Daily Mail. "Even the best teams, there are times during the year when you cannot win, and you don't know why. Maybe you are unlucky, you make chances and you cannot score. Then there are other games, like at Chelsea, like at Sunderland, where if you are a top team you cannot win, but you must not lose.

"We need to understand this. A clever team would understand it. 'OK,' they would think, 'the win will not happen, but, just as important, we must concede nothing'.

"One month ago, all the journalists were saying we could go the season unbeaten, like Arsenal. But I knew then that we would not. We are not Arsenal, we are not strong up here like that team."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
when he played eh was alright wasn't he?

Good against Brum, really shite against l'arse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm 

Barry is only suspended for 1 game. Only a straight red gets 3, so I don't see aneed to panic.

Milner, Barry , deJong, Zabaleta , Kolorov have all played midfield and if the worse comes to the very worse, did we not sign some Belgian chap as a midfielder, but have hardly ever played him there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm 

That bloke in spain, wothisname....Messi.

I think we should get ladyboy, just to hack off taggart...

I think we can cope, but de rossi is decent but dunno if he could deal with the prem, and our game..
i say we plunder napoli for dicking us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm 

There is no such thing as "quick fix" for Yaya and i agree with all ...we got plenty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:00 pm 

Few stories going round about a possible swap deal involving Tevez and Sneijder...

That would be a very decent bit of business for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 am 

Has the Africa CoN even started?! Haven't seen it televised or listed anywhere, could not tell you a single result except that we miss Yaya like a fat kid misses chocolate cake. We also could use his bruv to stem our defence while Vinny does porridge. Pissing me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 am 

starts this week or next i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 am 

Few stories going round about a possible swap deal involving Tevez and Sneijder...

That would be a very decent bit of business for us.

and also the hilarity at taking him off the drunken scot would be immense.