Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:15 am 

Never forget where I was that game, the quiz night in my local pub was pierced by a bloke screaming like a girl.

It was the one and only moment I had proper bloke love for Macken.

Anyone else notice Michale Tarnat set up three of those goals. He left on good terms with me, he was fucking slow but he contributed plenty and entertained me a plenty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 am 

Tarnat had oodles of quality. Love to have a young Tarnat at LB now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 am 

Same Danny. Can remember every moment near enough. Every text I got off mates who were watching.

I also remember after the equaliser whilst me and mum went crazy my dad lay perfectly still, almost not wanting to celebrate for fear of us ballsing it up.

After the fourth he literally fell off the couch and we all went fuckig berserk.

I wasn't allowed to go to that game because it was a school night :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 am 

Just nipped into the City store. Lad behind me was getting Aguero on his shirt but they'd already 'run out of dots' to put above his name.

And they've already got Aguero cups. Fair play to
'em for acting fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 am 

ArgentinianCityFan wrote:
Aguero's son, Benjamin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2oCUWe7Ejo

Imagine him in 10 or 12 years, in this video he is only 2. We need to sign him now!

Not bad when you can let your two year old volley a ball around right next to what is probably thousands of pinds worth of AV equipment. I go ape shit if my kids go near my speakers and they were only £100 :eek:

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
cute kid

No-one picked up on this? Really?

In that case: paedo

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:48 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:

^ This.

Fucking nonce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:

Couldn't it just be a cute kid..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am 

Bastard wrote:
^ This.

Fucking nonce.

Hanging's too good for em

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am 

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm 

ArgentinianCityFan wrote:
Aguero's son, Benjamin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2oCUWe7Ejo

Imagine him in 10 or 12 years, in this video he is only 2. We need to sign him now!

He seems to pull up with a hamstring injury around the 39 second mark.

Could be a question over his fitness.

Post subject: Can Kun...?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:10 pm 

Can Kun outshine the Mexican?
Li'l Pea Chicharito - a dangerous player...perhaps THE signing of
last season. :(

I know Hernandez has been having a lot of headaches lately but maybe our Sergio can give his Manager more of 'em.

For Fergie has already referred to us once again as 'noisy neighbours' in recent weeks. Disrespectful in my book. I'm hoping we can doo them again at Wembley to get the season of to a flying start.

The stage will be set for Aguero and I just hope he starts. Given the pre-season we have enjoyed so far we go into the game on a high and I see no reason why City can't maintain this winning habit. Will we start as favourites?
Underdogs no more , the playing field is levelling , has levelled & I can't think of more than a couple of United's squad I'd happily see in ours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm 

were noisy neighbors, and he's a nosy nobhead..its all fair and balanced:rolleyes:..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm 

From what i've seen Aguero is twice the player little pea will ever be. Little Pea is one dimensional, he can only do one thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 pm 

Tresidentevil wrote:
From what i've seen Aguero is twice the player little pea will ever be. Little Pea is one dimensional, he can only do one thing.

He does it brilliantly though, does he not...and I have to point out his mobility and work ethic. I would gladly take Hernandez off Fergie's hands.
Goalscorers with the lethal touch are at a real premium. I do not know enough yet about Aguero but I'll take your word for it - but to dismiss Hernandez as a one trick pony is wrong, in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 pm 

Tresidentevil wrote:
Couldn't it just be a cute kid..?

A paedo apologist. That's even worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm 

1ofthe8015 wrote:
He does it brilliantly though, does he not...and I have to point out his mobility and work ethic. I would gladly take Hernandez off Fergie's hands.
Goalscorers with the lethal touch are at a real premium. I do not know enough yet about Aguero but I'll take your word for it - but to dismiss Hernandez as a one trick pony is wrong, in my book.

Yeah he does what he does brilliantly. My dislike might be something to do with the team he plays for. :p

Has a very good goalscoring record for Mexico aswell, 21 in 29 games :eek:

Luckily United don't have 11 of him hmm?

Despite his brilliance i reckon Aguero is better, which shows why we paid £38 million (according to the media).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:06 am 

Can't believe this thread is so far down, seeing as he scored a hattrick the other day. It's weird to see the forum so dead, especially as we're doing so well. People must come together to hate City. Is it because we've run out of lovable misanthropes? Or have we all become anesthetized to these things now - think how much we would've wanked on about a hattrick and the player a few years ago

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 am 

Either way, this is pretty good:

Sergio Agüero: 'My dream is to say I'm the best player in the world'
Manchester City's Argentina striker says his ambition is to reach Messi's level and help his new club upstage neighbours United

Quote:
On a cool early evening in Manchester, high above a city that now defines his new world, Sergio Agüero and a football are inseparable. He cradles the ball as he talks, stroking it with a smile whenever he sounds exuberant or intrigued by the latest twist in a journey that has taken him from a rough quarter of Buenos Aires to Madrid and now Manchester. Here, in an old English industrial city that has audaciously reinvented itself, Agüero has begun his latest adventure with a deadly flourish.

Agüero and Manchester City open their Champions League campaign at home to Napoli on Wednesday. It may be the first time in 43 years that City have played at the peak of European football, but the way they have begun this season suggests they are in the mood for glory. Fired by outrageous wealth, the depth and quality of their squad is now epitomised by Agüero's cool brilliance and his rush of six goals in his first four games for the club.

"There is a very special feeling in Manchester right now," Agüero says in his Argentinian-accented Spanish. "I am beginning to understand how much this game against Napoli, and this whole competition, means to City's fans. They believe we can go a long way in this competition and I think they are right.

"We have all the conditions in place to go much further than anyone might have expected just a few months ago. But we are starting to appreciate that for the City fans, who have supported the club in difficult moments over many years, it will mean most to them if we do well."

Anticipating all that awaits the blue half of Manchester, Agüero talks animatedly while resting his chin on his football. But asked how his English lessons are progressing, he says, hesitantly, in English: "Lowly?"

"Slowly," it eventually emerges, is the word he meant to say. But Agüero looks as if he could kiss the ball when, chattering in Spanish about Diego Maradona, he realises that another tentative introduction of an English phrase, "my father‑in‑law", is correct.

"You know I phoned him, my father-in-law," Agüero says. "I said: 'Guess what? Guess who we've got in the group stages? Napoli.' Diego just shouted: 'Napoli!' He then said: 'OK, fantastic, that's a game I'd love to see.' Of course he made history in Napoli and he is still an idol there. He never got to play against Napoli in his own career so it's great another family member can now step in against his old team."

The night would be made complete in Manchester by the sudden arrival of Maradona. And, in an even more combustible setting, Napoli would surely erupt in late November if Maradona attends the return match. "He would love to be here," Agüero nods, "but his work in Dubai [where Maradona's surreal coaching career resumes with a club called Al-Wasl] meant he could not come to Manchester this week. The season in Dubai is starting and even Napoli is a little too far for him."

Did Agüero discuss his move from Atlético Madrid with Maradona before he signed for City in early July? "No," Agüero says. "There was actually a silent period between us when all the negotiations were going on. I couldn't really spread the word to anyone about what was happening. But a few days before I actually came here I called Diego and told him I was planning to join Man City. He just said: 'I wish you all the luck and hope you do well.'"

Agüero's parents are currently with him in Manchester but the presence next door of his wife, Giannina, and two-and-a-half-year-old son Benjamín, seems most striking. Giannina, Maradona's daughter, ensures she and her son with Sergio maintain a discreet distance. But, with a grandad like Maradona, and his own dad, Benjamín Agüero might turn out to be a decent player one day.

Compared to Carlos Tevez, who has trumpeted his family's apparent loathing of Manchester, the extended Agüero clan appears settled. "You know," the 23-year-old Agüero says, "ever since I got engaged to her, my wife told me: 'Look, I know football, I understand how it works. I will follow you wherever the game takes you.' That's exactly what happened. It's maybe not an easy city to adjust to – but I'm doing well so far and the main reason is down to my wife and family. They understand that this is an important club that made a decisive bet on me for their new project. It helps when you feel wanted not only at home – but at work.

"I've been with my wife for four years. Ever since we got married, and had Benjamín, they've been with me. My wife came here to Manchester four days after I signed. We've found a house we want to live in and it's obviously important they enjoy the city by themselves. They've started to explore Manchester and they're getting to know the new environment. They like it very much – as does the whole family. My mother and father can't be here as often because I have brothers living in Argentina but it's important I'm with Giannina and Benjamín.

"I actually think going from Buenos Aires to Madrid was more difficult. Of course me being only 18 then was a big factor but La Liga seemed much harder and more physical than Argentina. That was a big adjustment. Also, the Madrid weather was not so good. Coming to Manchester you could say the first week was awkward but then I started adjusting and my team-mates helped a lot. Now it's already OK."

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:13 am 

Quote:
What was most awkward about his first week in Manchester? "Well, mainly in the sense that when you've been with one team so long, you are familiar with how they do things and the whole environment. It's difficult when you suddenly have new team-mates and a new way of doing things. But after the first week it got easier. You start to feel used to the manager, your team-mates, the routine, the place itself. It's an adaptation process and it still hasn't ended. I take it week by week."

But what is the mood of the usually grouchy Tevez? "I'm only really with him at the training ground. At training, obviously, everyone is happy and we're just working together. I can't really say how he feels beyond that because I would be commenting on his life and I'm sure he would like that as much as I would if he was commenting on mine. But I really don't know. For me, everything is fine. I'm adapting quite well to English football with the same will I've always had."

A clinical hat-trick against Wigan last Saturday was just the latest evidence that Agüero could become the most significant signing of the season. He also started his first Champions League season with Atlético, in 2008-09, with a spate of goals. "I scored a goal in the qualifying game for the Champions League against Schalke, when we won 4-1. And then in the first group game against PSV we won 3-0 and I scored two. I also scored in the next game against Marseille. So I had a good start in this competition."

The only time Agüero sets his ball aside comes when he reaches for his new Puma boots – which he will wear for the first time against Napoli. Draping them around his neck, and clutching them happily, Agüero says: "If I could score a goal with these boots against Napoli it would be a great debut for me and City in the Champions League. Of course, winning the game is much more important but a goal would be nice."

After four Premier League games for City, in which they have scored 15 goals and been the only team apart from Manchester United to collect maximum points, does he feel even more confident that the club is on the brink of a considerable breakthrough? "Yes. City has been quite a big club for a while but some really good investments have been made. If you look at the last three signings – me, Owen [Hargreaves] and [Samir] Nasri – it clearly shows a club investing in players with the aim of achieving something. As long as the group stays tight, like now, and we're playing good football, the results will keep coming. Hopefully we can win a lot of trophies for the club."

Could City actually win the Champions League at their first attempt? "Well," Agüero grins, "it's a really tough competition. But I think we have as good a chance as any other team. The club might not be experienced in Champions League football but we have experienced players."

The champions, Barcelona, whom Agüero played against so often during four seasons in Spain, are still the benchmark. "Of course," Agüero says. "They are above everyone else because they've proved this over the last four years. But they are still just a football team and at Atlético we beat them three times in a row at our stadium. Last year we lost 2-1 – but we beat them every time at home before that. They can't stay dominant for ever. Other teams have the potential to overtake them."

Agüero believes City now belong among those aspiring clubs. His own ambition is also made plain when he admits that he dreams of one day replacing Lionel Messi as the world's leading player. "There's no doubt Messi is currently the best player in the world. He's won the Ballon d'Or the last two years. But it is my dream too to reach such a level and I work every day with the aim of winning that trophy one day – so I can say: 'Yes, I am the best player in the world.'"

Before then, Agüero reflects on his extraordinary rise from poverty and hardship in Buenos Aires. "I think about it – a lot. It's something that goes with you, as baggage in a way. I think of it even more when I watch TV and see people struggling to live. I was lucky. Although my neighbourhood was very humble, I always had my family and friends. But it helps me to remember the effort I had to make and the obstacles I had to overcome to reach this point. I had to sacrifice a lot, as my family did, and now it has paid off.

"I like to think that people who really know me understand I am the same person – and that is something I will always fight to maintain. Obviously the money is there, but I want to stay the same. At the same time I want my son to enjoy what I didn't have. My father-in-law often looks at all the toys and games Benjamín has. Diego says: 'I didn't have this' or 'I didn't have that.' I say: 'Well, me neither. But it's something your grandson and my son can enjoy.'"

As darkness spreads across Manchester, there is just time for one last question. It follows an appraisal by Agüero of the more famous club that has ruled this city for decades. "United have been dominant for so long but this season this is a real chance we can challenge them – with the new players and the talent and the mentality within the club. I've never won a league championship anywhere and so I really want to do it here – and I expect to do it here. Let's hope."

Could City overcome a rejuvenated United and win the league in Agüero's first season with the club? "Sí!" Agüero exclaims. "And I don't think you need to translate that word. Sí!"

Good lad, he is. Enjoys his family

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next