Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am 

Winston_Smith wrote:
If they didn't rip up my bin bags and strew shit filled nappies across my garden twice a week, nearly kill one of my cats and frequently leave shits around my garden which I have to scour the place for before I let my 2 year old out to play I might have a bit more sympathy tbf.
I don't agree with them being torn apart by dogs though, shooting is just fine with me.

Ahh. Yeah we have a similar issue here with Seagulls.

We call them flying rats. Real pain in the bum. If ANYTHING isn't inside a wheelie bin they will tear it to pieces. Sometimes gangs of them all try and push over bins :(

They tend to nest on peoples roofs nearby and go beserk when it goes dark (just when your kids are going to bed etc).

They're a protected species so nobody will kill them. I have to admit it's amusing watching them steal pasties from holiday makers hands tho.

My cat actually did get killed. By our neigbhours Irish Wolfhound. Poor little bugger didn't stand a chance.

wait....isn't this avatar kind of Gay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 am 

Timpblue wrote:
you'd prefer the chick and the kitten?

puff

Coming from the Man with an Dwarf Avatar! :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 am 

Tresidentevil wrote:
Ahh. Yeah we have a similar issue here with Seagulls.

We call them flying rats. Real pain in the bum. If ANYTHING isn't inside a wheelie bin they will tear it to pieces. Sometimes gangs of them all try and push over bins :(

They tend to nest on peoples roofs nearby and go beserk when it goes dark (just when your kids are going to bed etc).

They're a protected species so nobody will kill them.

Little fuckers tried to snatch a pasty out of my daughters hand in St Ives, you can't eat anything out in the open there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 am 

ergio Aguero is the biggest signing of the summer so far, but will he take English football by storm?
AGUERO LOWDOWN
Continue reading the main story

Made his debut for Independiente at the age of 15
Scored 23 goals in 54 games for the Argentine club
Joined Atletico Madrid aged 17 for 23m euro
Played 175 games for Atletico, scoring 74 goals
Has 30 caps for Argentina and 13 goals

Argentine great Ossie Ardiles has no doubts about his countryman, who is the son-in-law of the legendary Diego Maradona.

"He is quick, he is sharp and clever," Ardiles told BBC Sport.

"His vision is to score goals. If he has a little chance the ball will be in the net. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be wonderful in the Premier League."

Four other experts, including BBC South American football correspondent Tim Vickery, are unanimous in the belief that the forward will be a massive hit, and here we summarise their views.

How did Aguero cope making his pro debut at such a young age?

"From the beginning as a very young boy he was a special one. He played for Independiente, a very big club. It is not easy to make your debut so young. But he did and he was a sensation" - Ardiles

Did he live up to the hype at Atletico?

"If he wasn't a success at Atletico, he wouldn't be at Manchester City now. At Atletico when he had the very best time was playing with Diego Forlan and Forlan was playing a little bit deeper than him" - Ardiles
Manchester City's Sergio Aguero Aguero won the Europa League in 2010 with Atletico

"Sometimes there can be problems with so much praise being heaped on a player so young. I think he will look at his career so far and think that, even though he is 23 and he has done many things, he could have done more. He has the potential to do far, far more. I think that is why he was so keen to leave Atletico Madrid and to go to a club that are in the Champions League" - Vickery

What type of forward can Manchester City expect?

"He can play as a lone striker, he can play with another guy and can come back and create things. He is very, very sharp. You give him one yard and this is it, he is gone. He is quick, he is sharp and clever. His vision is to score goals. If he has a little chance the ball will be in the net. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be wonderful in the Premier League" - Ardiles

"I think we are looking at a player who is possibly less industrious than Carlos Tevez, perhaps less robust than Carlos Tevez but he is a far more inventive player. He is a far more naturally talented player than Tevez" - Spanish football expert Sid Lowe

In two, three, four months people will be saying, 'why didn't we buy this fellow first?'

Graham Hunter Spanish football expert

"I've just spent three weeks commentating on the Copa America and was certainly impressed by the impact Sergio Aguero made on the tournament. Aguero is very quick and likes to drop deep to run at defenders.

"He reminds me of Luis Suarez at Liverpool - the type of player defenders hate to face. I've got no doubt he will handle the pressure of the Premier League, and he will score plenty of goals" - former Scotland and Newcastle striker Kevin Gallacher

What will he bring to the Premier League?

"This is a fella who is taking it back to the golden era when you had your Di Canios and Zolas, Bergkamps and Cantonas, Benito Carbones. Packed with skill, fast as anything. They are buying a world class talent a lot of people wanted and I think they have invested the money brilliantly. In two three, four months people will be saying, 'why didn't we buy this fellow first?' - Spanish football expert Graham Hunter
DID YOU KNOW?

Aguero, at 15 years and 35 days, was the youngest player to play in the Argentine league, breaking Diego Maradona's record

"He is not a player who hides. I am reminded of the moment in a game against Real Madrid a few years ago when he turned around to Fabio Cannavaro and said 'Fabio, that round thing is the ball'. Cannavaro kept on kicking him but he just kept on playing and I think he does have a toughness and is quite deceptive in that sense" - Lowe

Could he play with Tevez if his fellow Argentine stays?

"That would be a really good combination. Tevez is really not a proper centre forward. Tevez definitely wants to play back to midfield and sometimes wants to create as well" - Ardiles

"In the Copa America he played alongside Carlos Tevez and Lionel Messi at first in a 4-3-3 formation but he looked most dangerous in a front two, playing off a target man" - Gallacher

How will Aguero adjust to the English lifestyle?

"He is married. He has got a kid. He has got those things out of the way. I think this is a move which is happening at the right time" - Vickery

"This isn't a guy who will be mincing around saying 'not enough restaurants, can't understand the accent, too cold in Manchester'. He is a real competitor, absolutely dedicated to bettering himself, winning and entertaining" - Hunter

Will the fact Aguero is married to Diego Maradona's daughter Giannina cause any problems?

"The great thing he has got is what few people in Maradona's life have got and that is being able to tell him where to go. Giannina and Aguero are a happy little couple.
Manchester City's Sergio Aguero Aguero has a two-year-old son with wife Giannina

"When Diego started interfering in where Aguero should go, and trying to advise him to move to Inter, Aguero told him where to get off. You get the Maradona skills without the behaviour set. They've got a little boy called Benjamin who is just over two and Manchester City would be doing well to sign him right now!" - Hunter

Are the reported fee of £38m and weekly wages at £200,000-plus money well spent?

"If you look at some of the other money that has been paid in England for example, I think that he is incredibly good value for money. He is only 23" - Ardiles

"Some people think players don't earn their money. Aguero will go there and become the top earner at Man City which these days means about £200,000 a week. I think he will be one of the few players, along with David Silva, about whom the fans will say 'we are glad to be paying £40 to £50 a week to see this guy entertain us and score goals'. I bet you he'll win trophies for City, too" - Hunter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 am 

They are a lot braver in St Ives. One stole an apple from me once, he couldn't even eat it :( what a waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I've read a lot of shit today posted by rags mainly who have been dropping the bombshell "it's all about the money!!1!(%!". I've never understood this arguement, so what if it is? These people, if they were offered a big pay rise in their careers, they would take it wouldn't they? They'd have to be fucking stupid not to. I don't know any other field where people get criticized for being good at their job and getting offered more money as a result.

most rags tbf.
Timpblue wrote:
should be able to

you're given a picture of a totally mythical creature and you wonder why it has a lolly? It could find any mints. Ok?

that thing looks evil. it's probably just stolen it from a small child.

we should exterminate them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

that thing looks evil. it's probably just stolen it from a small child.

we should exterminate them all.

Good, good. Then i'm happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am 

Tresidentevil wrote:
wait....isn't this avatar kind of Gay?

*fits right in*
Tresidentevil wrote:
They are a lot braver in St Ives. One stole an apple from me once, he couldn't even eat it :( what a waste.

what, a pixie or a seagull?

or a tourist?

:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
Coming from the Man with an Dwarf Avatar! :confused:

thats disney - classic and not at all homo
:whistle:

sooooooo........who do we think tre really is

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am 

A Seagull. I assume most tourists can eat apples, obviously not all of them allowing for dentures, allergies etc. Pixies would clearly use their magical Pixie dust to make the apple small enough to eat.

Tresidentevil is Tresidentevil. I don't know who the Bassman formerly mentioned is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 am 

Tresidentevil wrote:
I have to admit i was expecting somebody to come up with something taking the piss. Although I'm still not sure about the Lolly he's holding.

It's a she.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 am 

Khabom wrote:
It's a she.

Let's not argue over the little details! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 am 

it looks like emma watson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:31 am 

Then I'm happy. Everytime you see my posts you will be reminded of the joy we share over good ol' Emma. Would you like to share some joy now gibbonicus_andronicus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am 

see? homo erotic banter.........it's like he's been here for ever

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:05 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I've read a lot of shit today posted by rags mainly who have been dropping the bombshell "it's all about the money!!1!(%!". I've never understood this arguement, so what if it is? These people, if they were offered a big pay rise in their careers, they would take it wouldn't they? They'd have to be fucking stupid not to. I don't know any other field where people get criticized for being good at their job and getting offered more money as a result.

Tell that to the eejits at COMS. Sylvain Distin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am 

Abattoir Blue wrote:
Tell that to the eejits at COMS. Sylvain Distin?

To be fair he went to Portsmouth to win things! :whistle:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am 

Barna Azul wrote:

and got an FA Cup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am 

Barna Azul wrote:

He won more there in two years than he won at City in five!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 am 

cooder wrote:
and got an FA Cup

Yes i know, and the double your money pay rise didnt influence him at all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next