Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alexis Sanchez
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm 

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/03/27/manchester-city-strike-24m-deal-for-udinese-star-alexis-sanchez-102039-23018218/

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Manchester City strike £24m deal for Udinese star Alexis Sanchez[/SIZE]

Mar 27 2011 by Alan Nixon, The People

Manchester CITY supremo Garry Cook is ready to fly out to sign Udinese’s Chilean star Alexis Sanchez in a £24million deal.

Money man Cook has been given the green light to close the transfer after negotiator Brian Marwood teed up the transfer for the exciting South American attacker.

While boss Roberto Mancini and Marwood are at odds over summer transfer plans, Sanchez is one player all of the City hierarchy agree upon – and they want to sign him whether Mancini stays or not.

Udinese will sell to the highest bidder and City plan to wipe out rivals Inter Milan in the chase. They also have the financial clout to scare off Chelsea or Manchester United.

The swoop – revealed by People Sport last week – has moved on at a pace. Sanchez’s agents are happy to talk to City and a summit is being set up during the international break.

Sanchez played for Chile in Portugal last night and agreement could be in the bag by the time they face Colombia on Tuesday.

A source close to the deal said: “City are determined to get their man. If it comes down to money they look like winning the race hands down.”

Cook has to persuade Sanchez to come to Eastlands whether City qualify for the Champions League or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 pm 

Lot of hype surrounding this guy, hope he's as good as everyone makes out. Proper old school winger I think - Edin must be licking his lips.

What is it with us and signing people for £24m?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 pm 

I have been following this prospect for some time. Since 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup (which Canada hosted). He did well in the World Cup last summer. He's a great talent, very skillful, we really need him IMO. I really hope the deal goes through before any other team gets the chance to buy him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Lot of hype surrounding this guy, hope he's as good as everyone makes out. Proper old school winger I think - Edin must be licking his lips.

What is it with us and signing people for £24m?

Good point. Not really a proper old school winger, more like Robben, Nani...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 pm 

He's certainly looked good in an entertaining, attacking Udinese side. Dunno if he'll look good in our shitbox of a team

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
He's certainly looked good in an entertaining, attacking Udinese side. Dunno if he'll look good in our shitbox of a team

I really think so. But, sadly I think we will see the end of SWP :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 pm 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
I really think so. But, sadly I think we will see the end of SWP :(.

Meh. Sad because he was once so good, but he's nowhere near good enough for a team at the top of the table anymore.

I'd like to see him go to another team and do well though. I do wonder if it's just us breaking these players sometimes

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
Meh. Sad because he was once so good, but he's nowhere near good enough for a team at the top of the table anymore.

I'd like to see him go to another team and do well though.
I do wonder if it's just us breaking these players sometimes

I think he would do a great job in a Fulham side, or even Everton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:45 pm 

Apparently he's "Known for his pace " that can only be a good thing.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 pm 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
I think he would do a great job in a Fulham side, or even Everton.

Yep, I dunno about great but I think he'd be far better with a consistent run of games. Unfortunately, we're not in a position to afford him that.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 pm 

afterburn wrote:
Apparently he's "Known for his pace " that can only be a good thing.:approve:

Yup, we're so one paced it's untrue. It seems perverse for such an expensive squad. It's invaluable in the Premiership init.

Quote: