Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Yes or no?
Oh..... go on then. 31%  31%  [ 12 ]
Over my dead body! 69%  69%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:19 pm 

The only united player I rate / don't hate enough to take would be Valencia, but he picked up a little knock the other day so I'd probably even steer clear of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
kompany and vidic would make a fooking scary defensive partnership.

On looks alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm 

shreks next club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 pm 

Middle one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 pm 

Right for me, although both middley and right look a bit greasy. Left is a wrong-doer, ech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:33 pm 

Okay maybe the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:37 pm 

middle.

always said vidic looks like he'd be at home swinging an axe into someone's head in the Colosseum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm 

Wayne Rooney has confirmed he will not be signing a new deal at Manchester United and blamed a lack of ambition for his wish to leave.

The England striker, who is 25 on Sunday, has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, even though Blues boss Roberto Mancini on Wednesday said nothing would happen in January.

Rooney's statement read: "I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1346139_lack_of_ambition_at_united_behind_rooney_decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 pm 

I Heart Lung wrote:
Wayne Rooney has confirmed he will not be signing a new deal at Manchester United and blamed a lack of ambition for his wish to leave.

The England striker, who is 25 on Sunday, has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, even though Blues boss Roberto Mancini on Wednesday said nothing would happen in January.

Rooney's statement read: "I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1346139_lack_of_ambition_at_united_behind_rooney_decision

good lad Wayne - get stuck in....:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:01 pm 

Oh bollocks those pictures of Amsterdam hookers are reminding me I'll be there in a month or so. Better sit on my hands and get so drunk I can't even entertain the idea of performing for them, although that's liable to backfire horribly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Oh bollocks those pictures of Amsterdam hookers are reminding me I'll be there in a month or so. Better sit on my hands and get so drunk I can't even entertain the idea of performing for them, although that's liable to backfire horribly.

Oh yeh, right. FUCK. THAT. Get in a taxi, tell him you want to go to The Rose Club... it is only glamours, mostly from Brazil, and Eastern Europe for strips and whatever the discerning gent may desire above that. Heaven has a place on earth. It doesn't have the usual low-life dicks that attend these places. It's fucking ace. Well worth it. If you want the number of my Turkish taxi driver friend who knows what the fuck he is doing, just PM me. He can also assist with any other exotic fun you may want. That fucker has looked after me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Oh yeh, right. FUCK. THAT. Get in a taxi, tell him you want to go to The Rose Club... it is only glamours, mostly from Brazil, and Eastern Europe for strips and whatever the discerning gent may desire above that. Heaven has a place on earth. It doesn't have the usual low-life dicks that attend these places. It's fucking ace. Well worth it. If you want the number of my Turkish taxi driver friend who knows what the fuck he is doing, just PM me. He can also assist with any other exotic fun you may want. That fucker has looked after me.

I laughed all the way from the start of your post to the end, ace. Think I'll be alright this time, am just going for some culture mainly and to enjoy the weed - first time I went I was too young to go into the coffeeshops, still got high though, second time I was off the weed so just got drunk and went to a live sex show and went on stage, went to the sex museum, that kind of thing, but I'll get that number in case I need it in a pinch, plus I love a good Turk so it'd be handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
I laughed all the way from the start of your post to the end, ace. Think I'll be alright this time, am just going for some culture mainly and to enjoy the weed - first time I went I was too young to go into the coffeeshops, still got high though, second time I was off the weed so just got drunk and went to a live sex show and went on stage, went to the sex museum, that kind of thing, but I'll get that number in case I need it in a pinch, plus I love a good Turk so it'd be handy.

Eh?! Story, now, go.

Yeh, we all go through Amsterdam stages, you gauge your life against it. I am there in 4 weeks for work for an entirely different trip to many previous. I, like many, have Amsterdam stories that would cause Penthouse 'letters from readers' editor to say; 'that is bullshit, he made that up'. I am fucking proud of my scalps in Amsterdam. The first 5 times I got on the plane back totally and utterly ashamed, I have improved slightly.

I'll dig out his number, I'll do it on the weekend, remind me if I don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Eh?! Story, now, go.

Last time I went when I was travelling round Europe with my friend, we got shitfaced and went to a live sex show, you know the ones set out like little theatres then the curtain goes up and there's people fucking in choreographed routines on stage. Anyway, a woman dressed like a dominatrix came on and headed straight for me in the audience (I have one of those faces, crazies in the street always make a beeline for me to rant at, it's great) and she lead me around the stage by my scarf before blindfolding me and tying me to a pole and then strapped some dildo contraption to my head which I then totally failed to fuck her with - I was properly going for it thinking it was going in, not being able to tell because I was blindfolded and had my hands tied up, apparently she was looking bored and blowing her nails etc while the audience was hooting with laughter. I then ate a banana out of her snatch. That's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm 

decent enough story though. you were comedy for many people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm 

No way. No fucking way. I feel sick at the thought tbh.

Practical reasons: He's too injury prone. Most of the talk about him since the 2006 WC frankly has been about his injuries. I think we're just buying another crock for the treatment room.

Circus - I wouldn't be arsed about all the prostitute shit except that it's created a circus around him and by association, his club. He's been more to our advantage staying there than he would by bringing that circus to us.

He can't be trusted. Not by his wife, not by his club, not by anybody who pays his wages as a fan.

Emotional reasons. All my life I've despised fucking Trafford United - the arrogance, the bullying swagger, the know-it-all attitude, the feeling that they can do anything and get away with it because of who they are. Over the last ten years, two players have epitomised everything I despise about them - Keane and Rooney.

City players are a breed apart. They have a cheeky underdog thing about them - Tevez is just 'so City', so is de Jong. I can't even explain it. It's about tilting at windmills, doing the unexpected, fighting the odds, fighting the likes of Roy fucking Keane and Wayne fucking Rooney and Gary fucking Neville and showing them the finger - the one that says WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU, FOR ALL YOUR TROPHIES, CAUSE WE HAVE CLASS!

If Rooney joins, for me it would mark the point where we just become Manchester United Mark 2. Any success achieved with him would be tainted. It would just be success that they could claim. It wouldn't mean anything. We want players who are 'ours'. Tevez is ours: it doesn't matter that he once played for them, he was always the outsider there, where Rooney and Ronaldo were very much the insiders. de Jong is ours. AJ, Joe, VK, all ours, they just ooze class and ooze City. Something tells me that Balotelli could well become a City legend. But I'd hate to see our shirt soiled by that piece of shit called Rooney. Sorry, but it just wouldn't feel like it was my club anymore. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm 

I don't be blamin' ya PBFT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm 

a fucking men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm 

Peter Barnes Football Trainer wrote:
City players are a breed apart. They have a cheeky underdog thing about them - Tevez is just 'so City', so is de Jong. I can't even explain it. It's about tilting at windmills, doing the unexpected, fighting the odds . . .

Class post PBFT, I've never been able to put the uniqueness about City into words but this bit sums it up really well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next