Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
With him it's very true but I really don't understand how you come to the conclusion Ireland has a bad attitude, a daft car and fish tank does not make your attitude to football poor. He never played much last season after being player of the year the season before and didn't moan or demand a move or belittle the manager, a player with a bad attitude would have done so

For what it's worth, I agree. I think Ireland has a good attitude. 25 men...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
With him it's very true but I really don't understand how you come to the conclusion Ireland has a bad attitude, a daft car and fish tank does not make your attitude to football poor. He never played much last season after being player of the year the season before and didn't moan or demand a move or belittle the manager, a player with a bad attitude would have done so

Not a bad attitude but he seems more confused than scooby doo most of the time n seems to have trouble staying focussed on what buys his chav novelties. I think we will all see once he goes that he is never gonna be the player his potential suggested he could become, his career has peaked n now it'll slide he is one player I am sure will not come back to haunt us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm 

Unbreakable wrote:
Some of them it does i believe Micheal Johnson had potential to be something special but if you look past the injuries there are many rumours n i stress rumours suggesting drug use n alcohol abuse, this is a wasted talent, Weiss I dont believe will cut it n we should not continue to carry these players. If a special player comes through the academy he will make it to the first team squad on merit. Too much is made of foreigners in our game but if young players come through and are good enough then they succeed look at Rooney, Ashley Cole, SWP etc they have all made the grade as young lads at their respective clubs and established themselves

Yes but these players made the grade because they had the chance to, the players you mention Johno and Weiss are far to young to rule out as not good enough, it takes time and games to establish yourself in the football and its saddening these players will get neither at our club, because as said before I think they will be great players and we may not recieve the benefits of this. It's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things that are happening at City I know but it's still saddening. As for the rumours I've heard them about the alcohol thing but not drugs, if this is the case he's a fucking pillock but as you say they are just rumours and hopefully are untrue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:17 pm 

Unbreakable wrote:
Not a bad attitude but he seems more confused than scooby doo most of the time n seems to have trouble staying focussed on what buys his chav novelties. I think we will all see once he goes that he is never gonna be the player his potential suggested he could become, his career has peaked n now it'll slide he is one player I am sure will not come back to haunt us

This is something we obviously wont agree on, only time will tell. Just 1 last point though, the confusion may be because as stated before when he was played he was played out of position last season. But as said we'll know a lot more about stephen Ireland this time next year but I have a strong feeling it will be a decision City will regret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 pm 

Johno is the one player i would hang onto because i really do believe he can be a real force for club and country in years to come but there could be serious underlying problems that influence decisions on his future that dont become public knowledge any further than rumours. Weiss couldn't even break into a very poor Bolton team last season whereas Wiltshire looked good in it and turned in some really good performances that is the sort of potential i would look for players showing in order to make it worth while keeping them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm 

Unbreakable wrote:
He looked good for one season in an average team even then he wasn't dependable he went missing in big games, looked good against other average teams. Thank you for all the constructive comments on this thread just shows how intelligent a lot of you are. Facts speak for themselves he definitely isn't a world class player and never will be thats why Bobby's lookin to offload him n only average teams are showing minor interest. Real, Barca Chelski Milan, Inter, Juve Bayern aren't exactly beating down our door to sign him are they?........ Wonder why that is, could it be because they don't have your rose tinted glasses on hmmmmmm:cool:

average, with robinho in it before it became apparent that he only turned up to home games... really. fact is, he is an international class player, and did represent his country before retiring from international duty. and then killing his grandmothers.
Unbreakable wrote:
Exactly, with the players we have available and the 25 man rule we dont have room to carry players on the basis that they may fulfill potential they have shown in the past especially given that the age they are they should now be delivering the goods, how long do we hold on for this potential to come to fruition?

robinho?

ireland is still pretty young tbf.
Unbreakable wrote:
Was he not splashed all over the Evening news last season parading the Bently chav mobile he'd completely ruined for his mrs or the ridiculous lagoonesque fish tank he had installed or the superman pool table? How is he possibly gonna take the fish tank to Villa? He's believed his own hype n thought he'd got it made he was untouchable n city need him what he forgot was he was sat on the bench most weeks watching a team he thought cant manage without him

who gives two tugs of a dead dog's cock what he spends his money on? it could be worse, it could be wigs.
Unbreakable wrote:
Johno is the one player i would hang onto because i really do believe he can be a real force for club and country in years to come but there could be serious underlying problems that influence decisions on his future that dont become public knowledge any further than rumours. Weiss couldn't even break into a very poor Bolton team last season whereas Wiltshire looked good in it and turned in some really good performances that is the sort of potential i would look for players showing in order to make it worth while keeping them

skol

don't really think he was the kind of player they could afford. not hefty enough in teh tackle, etc, would need some decent players behind him to cover that. looked very tasty at the world cup though, an dhas caught everyone's eye for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
average, with robinho in it before it became apparent that he only turned up to home games... really. fact is, he is an international class player, and did represent his country before retiring from international duty. and then killing his grandmothers.

robinho?

ireland is still pretty young tbf.

who gives two tugs of a dead dog's cock what he spends his money on? it could be worse, it could be wigs.

skol

don't really think he was the kind of player they could afford. not hefty enough in teh tackle, etc, would need some decent players behind him to cover that. looked very tasty at the world cup though, an dhas caught everyone's eye for years.

Skol? what does that mean? apart from a really really shit lager of course

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 am 

you really should have picked up on that by now bluemooner

raising a glass to michael johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 am 

I know it's only gossip but I didn't like what I read on the Beeb website this morning.

Stevie is holding out on a move to Villa to see if Spuds bid for him.

I'd hate to see such a talented player, go to such a shit club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 am 

bigdavecox90 wrote:
I know it's only gossip but I didn't like what I read on the Beeb website this morning.

Stevie is holding out on a move to Villa to see if Spuds bid for him.

I'd hate to see such a talented player, go to such a shit club.

I don't think we'd let him go to the Spuds. Bellers was saying they were in for him and we said no so I'd imagine the same applies to Stevie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am 

you really should have picked up on that by now bluemooner

raising a glass to michael johnson

I'm not on here much, I don't even know what BOAC means, so does Johno drink Skol? I'm being thick here aint I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 am 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
I'm not on here much, I don't even know what BOAC means, so does Johno drink Skol? I'm being thick here aint I

boac

bit of a chuckle

and not sure where skol came from tbh, i always forget why but do it all the same. pavlovian. someone else will explain better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 pm 

boac

bit of a chuckle

and not sure where skol came from tbh, i always forget why but do it all the same. pavlovian. someone else will explain better.

wasn't it a benny thing? raising a pint of skol to the health of Michael Johnson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:09 pm 

O Blue wrote:
wasn't it a benny thing? raising a pint of skol to the health of Michael Johnson?

There should be a thread explaining all the thread lingo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:17 pm 

O Blue wrote:

that's the fucker
/shrine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 am 

I think 'skol' is a drinking toast somewhere in east europe. Back on topic, Ireland wants a £2m "golden fuck off" to go to Villa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 am 

slart wrote:
I think 'skol' is a drinking toast somewhere in east europe. Back on topic, Ireland wants a £2m "golden fuck off" to go to Villa.

Not unreasonable imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am 

I read he signed a lucrative 5 year deal recently so a £2m goodbye still save sus a lot over the course of his deal.

Give it to him - he's been a good boy after all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 am 

WeegieBlue wrote:
I read he signed a lucrative 5 year deal recently so a £2m goodbye still save sus a lot over the course of his deal.

Give it to him - he's been a good boy after all :)

I find it a little strange to be honest. If this was 3 years ago, we would be saying that he is no better than Barton, for his contract negotiations and asking this to leave. If there is something in his contract, fair enough, if not keep him and don’t put him in the 25 man squad, see how he likes those apples!

Isnt his agent still Mr McKay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:17 pm 

think its a bit cheeky to ask for a 2million quid loyalty payment...we took this boy in at 15 and made him the player he is....we aslo have made him a very wealthy young man!!! its a shame his face doesnt fit any more but thats football...
i would rather let him play in the reserves for the rest of his contract than pay him 2million....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next