Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
I love it.....I have swung round now to the part where folks having a pop, it really sound like there scared of us now....

you don't like us....I don't fucking care....

I was driving to work and chicken irani on moonhead brazils show was talking about something (bin dippers i think), and said a big club like utd or city would not have players like that..(Wray's signings for the dippers)....

Made me laugh though..not arse or chavs or spuds...but he just came out with it like it was normal..City=Big club..

Accept it haters, were here to stay....

10 years ago everybody loved us!
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2000-2001/table/2001-01-02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm 

slart wrote:
I hate all other teams in the world as well.

This.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm 

cooder wrote:
even Derry City?

Too fucking right. Fucking nordies.

I'm a Dub!:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm 

slart wrote:
Too fucking right. Fucking nordies.

I'm a Dub!:approve:

just checking, I'm glad we're not Derry City tbf. City rhyming with Shitty is bad enough, if we had a first name that rhymed with say, Very that would be very awkward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:39 pm 

ESM wrote:
So last nights game has taught you nothing?? Dzeko, Silva AND Tevez.......away from home........against the Munichs.........give over man.

Bullshit, which one of them would Mancini drop? Tevez - no chance, Silva - no chance, Dzeko - surely not. His attacking options last night were Jo and RSC - how can that be applied to having those 3 at his disposal? He used to play Tevez and Ade up front together all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Bullshit, which one of them would Mancini drop? Tevez - no chance, Silva - no chance, Dzeko - surely not. His attacking options last night were Jo and RSC - how can that be applied to having those 3 at his disposal? He used to play Tevez and Ade up front together all the time.

Is that really true?

I can't see him doing anything significantly different from last night when we play at OT. Think about how we played at home earlier this season. And his three games against them last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Is that really true?

I can't see him doing anything significantly different from last night when we play at OT. Think about how we played at home earlier this season. And his three games against them last season.

Check out the half season before Ade went to the African Cup, I'm sure he played alongside Tevez almost every time they were both fit.

Earlier this season Silva was still finding his feet, but he's indispensible right now - Mancini almost said as much last night. He obviously won't drop Tevez. If he doesn't play Dzeko I'll be fucking pissed off after we spunked £27m on him and he's so obviously just what the team needs to help Tevez out on the goal front. I imagine he'd be pretty livid too after we spent so long trying to land him.

It's not that kamikaze anyway - only really one right up front with Tevez and Silva running into the channels. He's still got his 3 defensive midfielders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
b

Earlier this season Silva was still finding his feet, but he's indispensible right now - Mancini almost said as much last night. He obviously won't drop Tevez. If he doesn't play Dzeko I'll be fucking pissed off after we spunked £27m on him and he's so obviously just what the team needs to help Tevez out on the goal front. I imagine he'd be pretty livid too after we spent so long trying to land him.

It's not that kamikaze anyway - only really one right up front with Tevez and Silva running into the channels. He's still got his 3 defensive midfielders.

Hughes was manager then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Hughes was manager then.

Exactly. And look what happened to him. That's my point, in a way.

Yeah alright I'll give you that one. They still played together after Ade came back though I'm sure, until his terrible form couldn't justify it.

I really don't see what's so unthinkable about that formation. Playing Tevez, Silva and Dzeko wouldn't offer us much less defensively than playing Tevez, Silva and Jo / AJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 pm 

It would mean Dzeko playing wide right wouldn't it? I'd be surprised tbh. Although fuck knows - he seems to have decided Jo's a wide player.

I think he'll play two up top at home, but I really can't see him doing it at the swamp. He'll be looking for the draw again imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 pm 

Ladyman on twitter says Mancini wants Dzeko to play on Sunday. Needs to be registered my noon tomorrow. Outside chance apparently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Why is our new defensive midfielder up front?

boac....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am 

cooder wrote:
just checking, I'm glad we're not Derry City tbf. City rhyming with Shitty is bad enough, if we had a first name that rhymed with say, Very that would be very awkward

here!!!:(:(:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:01 am 

derrycitizen wrote:
here!!!:(:(:(

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344859/Edin-Dzeko-The-story-Manchester-Citys-new-striker.html

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Edin Dzeko: When I was young I cried with fear as my friends were killed in the war... not much scares me now[/SIZE]

It is not his record of 85 goals in 138 appearances, or his £27million transfer fee to Manchester City that make Edin Dzeko stand out as a remarkable man.

His story of trauma, poverty and sadness living through a Balkan war, where his family house was bombed, provide further evidence that the newest star shooting for the Barclays Premier League is not a typically pampered footballer.

His sporting ambitions remain the same as those of his new employers: Champions League football. He wants to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Andriy Shevchenko; not the shadow who appeared in Chelsea colours, but the goalscoring machine of old. Shevchenko’s Milan shirt adorns the wall of Dzeko’s luxury Bosnian home in Sarajevo.
Edin to City: Manchester City are set to announce the signing of Edin Dzeko on Friday

Edin to City: Manchester City are set to announce the signing of Edin Dzeko on Friday

It was not always so plush for the elegant Bosnia forward.

‘I was born just before the conflict started and spent my early childhood in the midst of the siege of the city from 1992 to 1996,’ he recalled. ‘Our home was destroyed, so we had to move in with my grandparents. The whole family lived there under one roof, maybe 15 people crammed into an apartment of 35 square metres.

‘It was constant stress and worry, in case something happened or news came through that someone we knew had been killed. I was only young, and I cried often, through fear. Every day, you could hear the guns firing, and we lost family friends and even some relatives.

‘The memory does not leave you. It was a very bad time, and I had a very sad and traumatic childhood. You can’t imagine living through something like that, unless you have actually done it. When the war was over, I at least felt stronger mentally. There was not much that could intimidate or frighten me after that.’

That includes England and the challenges that face him at City: fitting into their squad of egos, finding a starting place in their all-star forward line, striking a partnership with Carlos Tevez.
War torn: Dzeko grew up in the volatile Balkans. He does, though, still own a home in Sarajevo

War torn: Dzeko grew up in the volatile Balkans. He does, though, still own a home in Sarajevo

Tall and accomplished in the air, Dzeko’s impressive German goal tally hints at the impact he might make. And it is a measure of his quality that observers find it hard to work out which is his stronger foot. It is supposed to be his left, but he’s scored many of his more memorable goals with his right.

He has been compared with Dimitar Berbatov in part because, although he has the 6ft 4in stature of a target man, Dzeko, 24, is equally comfortable dropping off the front and playing as a No 10. His technique, first touch and vision are reminiscent of the Manchester United striker’s and, if allowed to chest it down, a thunderous volley often follows.
Head boy: Despite his stature, heading was never one of Dzeko's strong points until he began working hard at it

Head boy: Despite his stature, heading was never one of Dzeko's strong points until he began working hard at it

Dzeko has managed to be prolific without being selfish. His partnership with Grafite at Wolfsburg was made up of two very similar, imposing strikers. Yet it worked because each was as comfortable at turning provider and running at defences as well as working with his back to goal.

In fact, Dzeko has had to work at his heading, which has vastly improved to the point where he is now a genuine threat in the air, as Manchester United fans will remember from the Champions League last season.

He started in football as a midfielder but was much more comfortable in attack, though he has retained an ability to dribble with his head up and possesses a good awareness of where his team-mates are — helping him know when to pass or go for goal.

His ability to shift the ball, turn on the pace and leave defenders for dead is unusual for his size and he often conjures up enough space to curl a shot towards the corner of the goal in a manner similar to Thierry Henry.

His demeanour this season, in a side riven by infighting and discontent, underlines how much he expects a return for his input.

With Steve McClaren fighting to save his job, and deciding a change was needed in a recent game against Hoffenheim, he substituted his out-of-touch front-runner near the end. Champions League places already out of reach, a disgruntled Dzeko responded by refusing the handshake on offer and stomping down the tunnel.

As Dzeko boarded a private jet, laid on by City, near Wolfsburg’s Marbella training camp on Wednesday, a source close to the Bundesliga club provided an insight into what Roberto Mancini can expect from his latest expensive signing.

‘Dzeko has made it clear all season he wants to leave, but he will be no trouble for Mancini, to begin with at least,’ he said. ‘He’s adamant about Champions League football.

‘It is almost a condition for being happy at his new club, and he will give Mancini everything to try and ensure it happens this season. But if things don’t go to plan, say next year, there could be problems. He nearly joined Milan in July 2009, after Wolfsburg won the title, but signed a new contract, instead, with an escape clause in it.

‘City made their first serious approach last May and are the only club with the money to activate the clause. But the feeling here is that, one way or another, they will not be his last club. Even if he is an outstanding success, which he could well be, we expect him to end up at Milan, or perhaps Barcelona or Real Madrid, in maybe two years.
Sit down protest: A Wolfsburg source suggested Dzeko would one day angle for a move to Milan

Sit down protest: A Wolfsburg source suggested Dzeko would one day angle for a move to Milan

'The one consolation for City is that, if he carries on improving as we all know he can, City may well double their money.’

As he arrives in Manchester, his ambition is obvious.

‘After reaching the Champions League with Wolfsburg a couple of seasons ago, I don’t want to go back to a lower standard,’ he said. ‘I want to keep testing myself against the best, and I hope I can help make that happen with City.

‘I want to keep improving, and playing at the highest level possible, but as a small boy, all I could think of was playing for Milan. They were my team, the great side under Fabio Capello when I was growing up in the 90s, and they have always been special to me.

‘I still have a home in Sarajevo, and there is a room where the walls are covered with football jerseys. One is the red and black stripes of Milan, with Shevchenko’s name and number on the back. It is an original from one of his Serie A appearances, and he has autographed it. It has pride of place.

‘It was bought for me, because all my friends and family back home know how much of a Milan fan I am, and it really is my prized possession. It always brings a smile to my face when I see it.’

He may have a passion for Milan, but right now he is the new man in Manchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:00 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344863/Edin-Dzeko-set-Manchester-City-debut-FA-Cup-clash-Leicester-City-Sunday.html

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Edin Dzeko set for Manchester City debut in FA Cup clash with Leicester City on Sunday[/SIZE]

Manchester City will throw Edin Dzeko into the hurly-burly of the FA Cup at Leicester on Sunday if his work permit comes through in time today, but fresh concerns have emerged about the state of Mario Balotelli’s injured knee.

Dzeko’s £27million move from Wolfsburg is expected to go through today but there is a race against time to get his work permit in time for a midday deadline to make him eligible for the game at the Walkers Stadium.

The odds may be against Roberto Mancini, but Sportsmail understands that the City manager wants to integrate the 24-year-old striker into his squad as soon as possible.
Enlarge Edin to City: Manchester City are set to announce the signing of Edin Dzeko on Friday

As for Balotelli, it is understood that City’s medical staff are considering whether to advise a small ‘clean-up’ operation or merely a period of rest.

Balotelli has already had one procedure to repair ligament damage in his right knee this season and Mancini had been hoping to give the Italy striker a run of games following a hat-trick against Aston Villa last week.

However, the 20-year-old has not played since and a decision on whether to operate will be taken today. Surgery would only rule out Balotelli for about a fortnight but could see him miss games against Wolves, Aston Villa and Birmingham.

He and the similarly injured playmaker David Silva were missed as Mancini’s side drew 0-0 at Arsenal on Wednesday, when City defender Pablo Zabaleta and Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna were sent off in the 90th minute after clashing near the touchline.

The FA will hear an appeal against Zabaleta’s dismissal today, but Arsenal have accepted Sagna’s three-match ban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 am 

Oh god, has he already started whining?! "I grew up poor, SOME of my friends died, I got shot at" ... whinge whinge whinge
Foreign footballers are shit. Don't know they're born. He wants to spend a few days on Kirkbarrow in Kendal if he wants to see poverty and desperation. I'd put him straight in the reserves

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:21 am 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3334915/Man-Citys-27m-Dzeko-deal-hit-by-visa-hitch.html

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]EDIN DZEKO will have to wait to complete his £27million move to Manchester City after visa problems left him stranded at Heathrow.[/SIZE]

City wanted the deal done by noon today so he can face Leicester in Sunday's FA Cup tie.

But the Wolfsburg striker did not have the correct visa when he flew in to Britain for a medical on Wednesday.

Dzeko, 24, was eventually allowed in into the country for a short time and had his medical in Watford.

But he had to scrap plans to watch City's game at Arsenal and travel back to Manchester with the team. Instead he was told he needed to fly back to Germany to get his visa problems sorted out.

It is now unlikely he will be able to return today, sign and have be registered at the FA before the noon deadline.

And the UK Borders Agency website even says a visa can take up to 28 working days to obtain. That could delay the deal until AFTER the transfer window shuts on January 31. :confused:

City have knocked back Blackburn's bid to take Roque Santa Cruz back to Ewood Park on loan amid fears Mario Balotelli's knee injury could keep him out for a further two weeks.

Italian striker Balotelli, 20, has already missed two games and will find out today if he needs a minor operation.

Rovers enquired about a loan move for Santa Cruz, 29, but City will hold out for a £5m permanent deal for the Paraguyan.

City will appeal Pablo Zabaleta's straight red card for his bust-up Bacary Sagna in Wednesday's 0-0 draw at Arsenal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am 

I didn't grow up on Kirkbarrow, obviously, but we did use to drive through there on occasion so I know what I'm talking about

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 am 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
Oh god, has he already started whining?! "I grew up poor, SOME of my friends died, I got shot at" ... whinge whinge whinge
Foreign footballers are shit. Don't know they're born. He wants to spend a few days on Kirkbarrow in Kendal if he wants to see poverty and desperation. I'd put him straight in the reserves

Relax there, let him say whatever he wants as long as scores for us and gets the job done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next