Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am 

If this is the kind of money being earned, whoever is in charge needs to act quickly. Stoke will be spending soon:

Stoke City's promotion to the Premier League will earn the club between £50m and £60m.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 am 

City can buy me a trip to england to watch a game if they like.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 am 

True but even with money teams like Stoke will struggle to attract quality players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm 

Concurrage with the badger.

I don't think Stoke City and Manchester City will be looking at the same players to be honest.

Hard to say how much of that money they'll spend, but to survive it has to be pretty much all of it doesn't it? Minimum £40million if you follow Sunderland's example, and I reckon they've got more pulling power than Stoke too - crowds, Keane etc. Tough season ahead for them. Tough season for all the promoted clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:13 pm 

Well you have to spend £20 million a season just to tread water in the PL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:56 pm 

I would really love to know how much the good Dr has really invested in the team?

How much money came from TV rights and how much of the debt he swallowed?

In theory, he may not have spent a penny so far!!

If he thinks that having the team with a one trick Pony by having the likes of Ronaldinho will win him the prem, then he need only look across the pond to LA Galaxy to see that one off Mega stars may put bums on seats, but does not guarantee that you win anything, but more likely Jack shite !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Concurrage with the badger.

I don't think Stoke City and Manchester City will be looking at the same players to be honest.

Hard to say how much of that money they'll spend, but to survive it has to be pretty much all of it doesn't it? Minimum £40million if you follow Sunderland's example, and I reckon they've got more pulling power than Stoke too - crowds, Keane etc. Tough season ahead for them. Tough season for all the promoted clubs.

Further concurrage. Sunderland is definitely a more attrative proposition than Stoke. When West Brom got promoted last time were they not quite careful with their money trying to build a more long term side capable of staying up? I think they have got half a chance of doing OK, can't really see any of the others having much joy. West Brom do at least pass it about a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:15 pm 

A lot of money HAS to be spent if we are looking at the clearout rumoured. We'll just have to see, but at the moment, I'm expecting the worst while hoping for the best.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:25 pm 

Allsorts going on a moment.

From what im hearing we had modric in the bag only for thaskin to pull the plug and we are on the brink of losing other targets too, huntelaar, swp and mbia. to name a few. He's all out to get ronaldinho, thinks £25m is a good deal for micah and would fund ronaldinho(shirts sales in asia would go though the roof). Svens not fully agreeing with him so what hes saying is, if you don't like it here's not for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:27 pm 

magic mike wrote:

From what im hearing we had modric in the bag only for thaskin to pull the plug and we are on the brink of losing other targets too, huntelaar, swp and mbia. to name a few. He's all out to get ronaldinho, thinks £25m is a good deal for micah and would fund ronaldinho(shirts sales in asia would go though the roof). Svens not fully agreeing with him so what hes saying is, if you don't like it here's not for you.

Interesting.

I'd be delighted to get Ronaldinho. There, i said it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm 

Benny wrote:
Interesting.

I'd be delighted to get Ronaldinho. There, i said it.

I believe it will happen, but its no completed yet so you never know? He would make millons on the deal like real with becks, and he thinks the empty 5-6 thou seats would be filled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:20 pm 

magic mike wrote:

That's pretty annoying really. We'd be a class team with SWP, Huntelaar and Modric :( I think getting them 3 is much more important than gettin Ronaldinho.

Like i said on another thread, if Thaksin let Sven buy who he wants then he could make us into a massive club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm 

10-man Madrid retain league title

Ex-Chelsea winger Robben has scored some crucial goals recently

Real Madrid retained the Spanish league title after a dramatic 2-1 win at Osasuna left them with an unassailable 10-point lead with three games to play.

With Villarreal beating Getafe 2-0 in an earlier match, Real had to win the game to clinch their 31st league title.

Fabio Cannavaro was sent off early in the second half and Patxi Punal scored a penalty with eight minutes left.

But Arjen Robben headed an equaliser before Gonzalo Higuain lashed a winner past Ricardo with a minute to go.

Madrid coach Bernd Schuster, who has been told he will keep his job despite being under pressure earlier in the season, said: "I'm not interested in personal stuff and what the title means to me.

606: DEBATE
Does a new Madrid reign beckon?

"There are always difficult moments and more so at a club like this. From the start, I believed the team was capable of achieving what it has done."

[B]He added: "Building a team can take up to four years because there are huge demands. "The coach should be given the necessary time to win titles and keep working, forming and improving a team." [/B]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:26 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
10-man Madrid retain league title

Ex-Chelsea winger Robben has scored some crucial goals recently

Real Madrid retained the Spanish league title after a dramatic 2-1 win at Osasuna left them with an unassailable 10-point lead with three games to play.

With Villarreal beating Getafe 2-0 in an earlier match, Real had to win the game to clinch their 31st league title.

Fabio Cannavaro was sent off early in the second half and Patxi Punal scored a penalty with eight minutes left.

But Arjen Robben headed an equaliser before Gonzalo Higuain lashed a winner past Ricardo with a minute to go.

Madrid coach Bernd Schuster, who has been told he will keep his job despite being under pressure earlier in the season, said: "I'm not interested in personal stuff and what the title means to me.

606: DEBATE
Does a new Madrid reign beckon?

"There are always difficult moments and more so at a club like this. From the start, I believed the team was capable of achieving what it has done."

[B]He added: "Building a team can take up to four years because there are huge demands. "The coach should be given the necessary time to win titles and keep working, forming and improving a team." [/B]

Exactly. Well said Barna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:29 pm 

plus thats coming from a man who just won the league!!

One season with over 10 new players is not enough time to win anything no matter how much you spend.

Plus would a new manager be able to attract talent to a club where the owner changes his mind like the wind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:11 pm 

Basically if sven leaves then we have to rebuilt our team because all the young players will leave. Such as Johnson, Micah or even Elano etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:15 pm 
MCFC_Boss wrote:
Basically if sven leaves then we have to rebuilt our team because all the young players will leave. Such as Johnson, Micah or even Elano etc.

That won't happen. No reason to believe it will. The players are making the same noises they did about Pearce and there wasn't a revolt then. There won't be one now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:30 pm 

Emigre wrote:
That won't happen. No reason to believe it will. The players are making the same noises they did about Pearce and there wasn't a revolt then. There won't be one now.

I hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:26 pm 

I think the players will be annoyed. Especially people like Dunne. He goes through years and years of crap and all of a sudden we look decent and we sack the manager... Don't know if he could be arsed with it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:31 pm 

BlueInJersey wrote:
I think the players will be annoyed. Especially people like Dunne. He goes through years and years of crap and all of a sudden we look decent and we sack the manager... Don't know if he could be arsed with it anymore.

If sven leaves I think Dunne will go to Newcastle.