Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 pm 

:(

I didn't mean to upset anybody.

How can I say something in his face over the internet anyway??

And yes, Elano was mostly shite.

Good games he had? Villa/Boro/Toon at home and WHam away in Sven's season. Portsmouth/West Brom/Hamburg at home in Hughes' season.

I make it seven. Any advance on seven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 pm 

good against chelsea. scored a good freekick, and we were mostly shit. he stood out for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:41 am 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
I think your all spoilt and being slightly unfair because our standout players are now people like tevez bellamy and de jong. Elano was ok for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 am 

i was in the minority when i was sticking up for elano. But hes a stroppy fuck so he can stay in turkey

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 am 

I am new here at the forum... i am quite amazed by the quality of this forum..
glad to be a part of it :)
Now to the subject
i think we should strenghen the defence and the attaking midfield...
i think lescott should go ... he was a flop
we should strenghen the left back position (because Bridge and Garrido are not good enough for this level) candidates :
Marcelo, Ashley Cole, Taye Taiwo, Benoît Trémoulinas, Juan Vargas, Leighton Baines, Aly Cissokho, Aleksandar Kolarov, Giorgio Chiellini (can play as a LB), Ansaldi, etc...
we should definitly buy one centre back if we are going to sell Lescott i can think of :Giorgio Chiellini, Michael Ciani, Per Mertesacker, Benedikt Howedes, Johnny Heitinga, Naldo, Stephane Mbia, etc...
As we all fans saw this season our attaking trio is one of the best in the EPL but the thing is that our strikers are those who tried to create their own chances (Tevez sometimes found himself dribbling 4 players to get to shot)
that's why a playmaker is needed (kind of our own Xavi ;) ) there's a lot of good playmaker out there i can think of : Lucho Gonzalez, Mesut Özil, James Milner, Mikel Arteta, Rafael van der Vaart, Éver Banega, Marek Hamsik, David Silva,Bastian Schweinsteiger,Joe Cole, Yoann Gourcuff, Clint Dempsey, Benoit Cheyrou, Kwadwo Asamoah, etc...
what's weird is that i saw MC being liked with defensive midfielders ( Yaya Toure, Fernando Gago, Moussa Sissoko ) when we got De Jong and Barry and even Kompany for these positions... though i think everyone of these players mentioned above is a quality and would add to our team.
I, personally don't like Adebayor because i think he's lazy and his only quality is his headers but still happy he's on our side atleast :approve: but still i would like to see strikers coming to city because appart from tevez they are all average players who enjoyed a good season (Bellamy)
good strikers to buy: Lucas Barrios, Sergio Aguero, Fernando Torres, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli, Oscar Cardozo, Edison Cavani, André-Pierre Gignac (no Higauin because he signed gis renewal :( damn it i wanted him to come !! )
assuming that we saw MC sign one player till now (Boateng) i think we will see at least another 4-5 signings accompagned but 6-7 sells to balance the team : we should sell: Onuaha (loan), Ireland (sadly), Bellamy, Bojinov, Caicedo, Jo, Robinho (sadly) and Roque Santa Cruz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 am 

Now to the subject
we should strenghen the left back position (because Bridge and Garrido are not good enough for this level) candidates :
Marcelo, Ashley Cole, Taye Taiwo, Benoît Trémoulinas, Juan Vargas, Leighton Baines, Aly Cissokho, Aleksandar Kolarov, Giorgio Chiellini (can play as a LB), Ansaldi, etc...
we should definitly buy one centre back if we are going to sell Lescott i can think of :Giorgio Chiellini, Michael Ciani, Per Mertesacker, Benedikt Howedes, Johnny Heitinga, Naldo, Stephane Mbia, etc...
As we all fans saw this season our attaking trio is one of the best in the EPL but the thing is that our strikers are those who tried to create their own chances (Tevez sometimes found himself dribbling 4 players to get to shot)
that's why a playmaker is needed (kind of our own Xavi ;) ) there's a lot of good playmaker out there i can think of : Lucho Gonzalez, Mesut Özil, James Milner, Mikel Arteta, Rafael van der Vaart, Éver Banega, Marek Hamsik, David Silva,Bastian Schweinsteiger,Joe Cole, Yoann Gourcuff, Clint Dempsey, Benoit Cheyrou, Kwadwo Asamoah, etc...
what's weird is that i saw MC being liked with defensive midfielders ( Yaya Toure, Fernando Gago, Moussa Sissoko ) when we got De Jong and Barry and even Kompany for these positions... though i think everyone of these players mentioned above is a quality and would add to our team
I, personally don't like Adebayor because i think he's lazy and his only quality is his headers but still happy he's on our side atleast :approve: but still i would like to see strikers coming to city because appart from tevez they are all average players who enjoyed a good season (Bellamy)
good strikers to buy: Lucas Barrios, Sergio Aguero, Fernando Torres, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli, Oscar Cardozo, Edison Cavani, André-Pierre Gignac (no Higauin because he signed gis renewal :( damn it i wanted him to come !! )
assuming that we saw MC sign one player till now (Boateng) i think we will see at least another 4-5 signings accompagned but 6-7 sells to balance the team : we should sell: Onuaha (loan), Ireland (sad to say it), Bellamy, Bojinov, Caicedo, Jo, Robinho (sad to say it) and Roque Santa Cruz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am 

I like to see players wanna play for city, and not the money. But, if we get some superstar that's different, but I can't see this happening as we'll play in Europa League.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
I like to see players wanna play for city, and not the money. But, if we get some superstar that's different, but I can't see this happening as we'll play in Europa League.

i feel what u're trying to say... but no other solution
if u want players to wanna play for city then it means we have to qualify to the champions at least... then to qualify for the champions league you need quality players what leaves us with no choise but to lure them with money sadly that's the situation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:00 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
Now to the subject
what's weird is that i saw MC being liked with defensive midfielders ( Yaya Toure, Fernando Gago, Moussa Sissoko ) when we got De Jong and Barry and even Kompany for these positions... though i think everyone of these players mentioned above is a quality and would add to our team.
assuming that we saw MC sign one player till now (Boateng) i think we will see at least another 4-5 signings accompagned but 6-7 sells to balance the team : we should sell: Onuaha (loan), Ireland (sadly), Bellamy, Bojinov, Caicedo, Jo, Robinho (sadly) and Roque Santa Cruz.

Good post. Lescott has done well when he's fit, he had a run of bad injuries; but he deserves the chance to be given a second season. I can't see Chiellini leaving Juventus, he even said that. Maybe a big deal will do though. Our own Xavi, I still have hope in Michael Johnson, he deserves after a frustrating two seasons. Adebayor is still young, and as Mancini said he still has faith in him, and that he is a major player in our team. Sell RSC and get a better attacker who wouldn't mind being on the bench, Boji might be the solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
Good post. Lescott has done well when he's fit, he had a run of bad injuries; but he deserves the chance to be given a second season. I can't see Chiellini leaving Juventus, he even said that. Maybe a big deal will do though. Our own Xavi, I still have hope in Michael Johnson, he deserves after a frustrating two seasons. Adebayor is still young, and as Mancini said he still has faith in him, and that he is a major player in our team. Sell RSC and get a better attacker who wouldn't mind being on the bench, Boji might be the solution.

but that is the problem with lescott he was praticly never fit :(
i fear a scenario like Arsenal - Van Persie
i hope too michael johnson will become our Xavi but i doubt so injuries ruin his carrer i fear he will never be the same :(
i said i dont mind Adebayor staying but i dont like him that's all
Bojinov said he wants to stay at Parma so he might be sold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
i feel what u're trying to say... but no other solution
if u want players to wanna play for city then it means we have to qualify to the champions at least... then to qualify for the champions league you need quality players what leaves us with no choise but to lure them with money sadly that's the situation

Well too bad we didn't make it this season. Hopefully we will make it next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
but that is the problem with lescott he was praticly never fit :(
i fear a scenario like Arsenal - Van Persie
i hope too michael johnson will become our Xavi but i doubt so injuries ruin his carrer i fear he will never be the same :(
i said i dont mind Adebayor staying but i dont like him that's all
Bojinov said he wants to stay at Parma so he might be sold

I really hope Lescott stays fit, he's a great defender and his money tag will follow him. But, I can see him doing well for us; given the chance. He can cover LB as well, Which is great. I still hope Johnno will be back. Boji doesn't wanna return because he knows there no place for him, but if Mancini guarantees him a place, then you never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
I really hope Lescott stays fit, he's a great defender and his money tag will follow him. But, I can see him doing well for us; given the chance. He can cover LB as well, Which is great. I still hope Johnno will be back. Boji doesn't wanna return because he knows there no place for him, but if Mancini guarantees him a place, then you never know.

still wouldn't you like a greater competition for the starting striker?
i felt sometimes this season it's tevez against the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
still wouldn't you like a greater competition for the starting striker?
i felt sometimes this season it's tevez against the world

Wouldn't mind Dzeko. We played some good games as a team. But, as time goes on we gel more as team. You can see us getting there, but not quite there yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
Wouldn't mind Dzeko. We played some good games as a team. But, as time goes on we gel more as team. You can see us getting there, but not quite there yet.

agree with every word...
i would love to see dzeko at city but still i think the need for an attacking midfielder is essential to any team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
agree with every word...
i would love to see dzeko at city but still i think the need for an attacking midfielder is essential to any team

But, if you look at it Mancini doesn't play with any ACM, he always prefers the 3 DCM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
But, if you look at it Mancini doesn't play with any ACM, he always prefers the 3 DCM.

i know.. i think he does it because our best midfielders are indeed defensive ones :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 am 

Amir1011 wrote:
i know.. i think he does it because our best midfielders are indeed defensive ones :rolleyes:

But, if you remember his Inter days he always preferred the 3 DCM, and he played Javier Zanetti there, as he does it now with Zab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 am 

wonder if he still wants cordoba? we were pretty close to signing him last window werent we?

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am 

Miggs wrote:
wonder if he still wants cordoba? we were pretty close to signing him last window werent we?

yeah, I think so. Same with Gago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next