Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 am 

blueduck wrote:
There are plenty of young left wingers out there that are far better than him. (E.g Diego Capel)

They aren't English though, but what's more important, their ability or their nationality?

What the fuck has he got to do with it? Get them fucking both if that would stop you bleating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 am 

blueduck wrote:
There are plenty of young left wingers out there that are far better than him. (E.g Diego Capel)

They aren't English though, but what's more important, their ability or their nationality?

Given that Johnson plays over here and i think did a fine job against us till he got injured in the FA cup, I'd have him as he is adapted to the english game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 am 

Meh.

As Emigre said, I suppose we've got nothing to lose by buying him, but I really think he won't become anything special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Given that Johnson plays over here and i think did a fine job against us till he got injured in the FA cup, I'd have him as he is adapted to the english game.

You're not allowed English players because they're all over-hyped. Like Walcott. And, erm, Rooney.

We should fuck off Onuoha, Johnson (M) *skol* and Richards. They're all over hyped too. Get some Spanish kids in who've never played in England.

*facepalms again*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 am 

Bastard wrote:
You're not allowed English players because they're all over-hyped. Like Walcott. And, erm, Rooney.

We should fuck off Onuoha, Johnson (M) *skol* and Richards. They're all over hyped too. Get some Spanish kids in who've never played in England.

*facepalms again*

Oh god i remember 10-11 years ago we had some boy scout called Shaun Wright-Phillips. WTF happen to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Oh god i remember 10-11 years ago we had some boy scout called Shaun Wright-Phillips. WTF happen to him.

Overhyped mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:16 am 

West Ham had 2 English kids they let go, Frank Lampard and Joe Cole, think they went to Borehamwood, they were so over hyped it's unbelievable. Liverpool had Some kid called Gerrard they stuck with, how shit is he now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 am 
*skol*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 am 

Adam Johnson is a quality player. At the Boro game, he set up about three or four good chances in the first fifteen minutes before he got injured. Once he was taken off, their attacking threat was gone. The boy has got an excellent cross on him (a skill that some of our wingers debatably miss) and has an eye for goal as well. The obvious comparison to draw is with Downing, who was actually fairly similar. People seem a little prejudiced against Downing for some reason (maybe because he's injury-prone) but he rarely has bad games whether for Boro, Villa or England. The majority of what is being said from Boro is that Johnson could be better.

The fact that he apparently wants to stay till the end of the season also speaks quite highly of him. Boro won't suffer much financially if he leaves at the end of his contract because he's under 23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am 

Bastard wrote:

*facepalms again*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am 

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1190672_city_face_fight_for_johnson_and_gago

City face fight for Johnson and Gago

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan expects winger Adam Johnson to see out his contract on Teesside with the club having rejected a series off offers.

Manchester City are understood to have tabled a bid of around £5m for the 22-year-old midfielder and that other suitors have made their interest known.

However, Strachan said: "We have had verbal offers in the last week for Adam, but nothing has changed.

"Adam is still here and I would expect him still to be here for the last 19 games of the season."

And City could miss out on Argentinian midfielder Fernando Gago.

The Blues were hoping to snap up the 23-year-old on loan from Real Madrid.

But with the Spanish giants unable to secure midfield cover, it seems he will be staying put.

One of the player's two agents, Marcelo Lombilla, is meeting with Real director general Jorge Valdano to try and resolve the impasse.

But so far he has met with no success.

“Lombilla is in Madrid and has met twice with Valdano but I do not believe that he will leave,” Gago's other agent, Zoran Vekic said.

“There is still a meeting pending, but I doubt that Madrid will let him join Manchester City because it is not a question of money.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 am 

should just sign him and loan him back to them for the rest of the season like the rags did with that fulham guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 pm 

Not lady gago! pleeeease. johnson i like.

As a child Eddie Guerrero was my favourite wrestler, and I remember when he died I got very sad, the next day Johnson scored for Middlesborough and did eddie's little dance as a celebration. made me happy. for that alone, sign him up and give him all the money he wants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:47 pm 

Johnson has asked for permission to talk to Manchester City.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
Johnson has asked for permission to talk to Manchester City.

Sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Sweet.

Dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
Dude!!

Anyone seen my car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Anyone seen my car?

Seriousley, where is it man???

Sky Sports News understands Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson wants the chance to speak with Manchester City.

Reports on Thursday suggested the Blues had lodged an official bid for the former England U21 international, with Boro boss Gordon Strachan confirming that approaches for the winger had been received.

Johnson has become a much sought-after possession during the January transfer window, following a number of eye-catching displays for Boro this term.

He has been the North East club's star performer this season, in an otherwise disappointing campaign for the Teessiders.

Middlesbrough are, therefore, determined to retain Johnson's services, with Strachan admitting that he remains optimistic regarding the club's chances of keeping the youngster on board until at least the summer.

However, the 22-year-old playmaker may take the decision out of Boro's hands by actively pursuing a switch.

It is understood he has requested an opportunity to speak with Premier League giants City, intrigued as to what the Blues have to say.

Should Johnson decide he wants out, City would have no problem meeting the financial demands of Boro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm 
We're premier league giants now are we? How times change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm 

Sunderland are interested too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next