Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm 

According to Sky West Ham are going to sign Benjani on a free transfer after the United game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm 

arthur7171 wrote:
According to Sky West Ham are going to sign Benjani on a free transfer after the United game

Good move that and with Ade back in training were alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:33 pm 

Hmmmm Should we in the summer?????

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea are in real danger of losing Nicolas Anelka as talks over a new contract have broken down for a fourth time.

The Frenchman is in the form of his life at Stamford Bridge and, with just 18 months left on his existing contract, Chelsea are keen to tie him down to a long-term deal.

Carlo Ancelotti has paired Anelka with Didier Drogba throughout this season to rich dividends, with the 30-year-old having scored 11 times already.

While the Blues are eager to convince the nomadic striker to commit his future to West London it appears talks have reached an impasse.

Discussions with Anelka and his agents have failed to yield anything like a positive outcome, with the two parties still some way apart.

Sky Sports sources claim that presently there is just a '10 per cent chance' of an agreement being reached.

Should no deal materialise Chelsea must decide whether to cash in on him in the summer or risk losing the former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Bolton, Fenerbahce, Paris St Germain and Liverpool player for nothing in 18 months' time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 pm 

Just said on TS that if the Robinho loan goes through that we have first refusal on some of the Santos Kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
Gallagheresque wrote:
Just said on TS that if the Robinho loan goes through that we have first refusal on some of the Santos Kids.

read this earlier.Funny enough one of the kids has been dubbed the new robinho, The other one the new rivaldo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea are in real danger of losing Nicolas Anelka as talks over a new contract have broken down for a fourth time.

The Frenchman is in the form of his life at Stamford Bridge and, with just 18 months left on his existing contract, Chelsea are keen to tie him down to a long-term deal.

Carlo Ancelotti has paired Anelka with Didier Drogba throughout this season to rich dividends, with the 30-year-old having scored 11 times already.

While the Blues are eager to convince the nomadic striker to commit his future to West London it appears talks have reached an impasse.

Discussions with Anelka and his agents have failed to yield anything like a positive outcome, with the two parties still some way apart.

Sky Sports sources claim that presently there is just a '10 per cent chance' of an agreement being reached.

Should no deal materialise Chelsea must decide whether to cash in on him in the summer or risk losing the former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Bolton, Fenerbahce, Paris St Germain and Liverpool player for nothing in 18 months' time

If we can't get Fernando, then I'd love him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:07 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
If we can't get Fernando, then I'd love him.

I would like Torres but I wouldn't pay anywhere near £100 million for him, far too injury prone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 pm 

Has anybody heard about this "Motta(the italian defender) at Man. City almost done deal" rumor?
I like him,he is a 23 yrs.old RB who plays for Roma,works really really hard,he is anything but "lazy",very professional,has already been called by Lippi a couple times and may be part of the squad in South Africa,was the RB of Italy under 21 for a couple of years,he has become really impressive,both defensevely and offensively,very solid,phisically strong,good technically,fit,runs consistently for 90 minutes... et cetera.
Needs a bit more experience but is getting that as we speak.

http://www.gazzetta.it talks about an almost done deal,at least on a loan basis.

Other news are in regards to Cassano at City,now more than ever because Cassano ,as usual, has had a verbal fight with Sampdoria's coach,Del Neri who in return left him out of the team and now,of course,Cassano wants to go somewhere else..usual ,eternal Cassano with disciplinary problems.

But Mancini loves him as a player and Cassano love him as a coach.
Man. City may be his last chance at highest professional level ,even thou he is only 28.

He is the most unruly ,undisciplined,crazy player ever,may be Gascoigne only could compete with Cassano at that,so we all know he is a big risk..
On the other hand he can ,by himself ,give the whole team a jump up in quality,10/20% up,all alone.

Love him or hate him,his tecnical skills and vision of the game cannot be argued,pure genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
bollocks it is.
Kevin Parker, general secretary of the Manchester City Official Supporters' Club - utter wanker.

whenever i see the stuff these OSC twats come out with i'm incensed.

This. Like they speak for everyone. Wankers.

Gallagheresque wrote:

I'd have him back no problem. I loved him at City. He is such a classy player and he always scores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 pm 
Squidge wrote:
This. Like they speak for everyone. Wankers.

Totally agree. The OSC turns up regularly in the media talking shit. They don't represent me and I doubt they represent anything other than the cranky minority at city. In other words, ESM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm 

I don't mind Kevin Parker most of the time. Disagree with him here though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 am 

Taken from the Guardian.

Manchester City have opened formal talks with Roma about signing their out-of-favour defender Marco Motta on loan for the rest of the season. Motta is a 23-year-old right-back who has lost his place at the Stadio Olimpico since Claudio Ranieri replaced Luciano Spalletti as coach.

Negotiations are at advanced stage and Roberto Mancini, the City manager, confirmed to Italian journalists yesterday that he was keen to sign a player who used to captain the Italy Under-21 side as well as representing the full side in the last Olympics.

Motta's registration is jointly owned by his previous club, Udinese, which has complicated the talks, but both clubs have given their provisional approval for the player to leave Serie A and follow Patrick Vieira as Mancini's second signing since replacing Mark Hughes as manager.

Mancini would also like to arrange a loan deal that would see the former Arsenal player Mathieu Flamini return to English football from Milan, but City have not received any encouragement from Real Madrid after making an official approach for Fernando Gago. Madrid do not want to sell the Argentinian midfielder when they have only a 23-man squad and have told City they will have to bid around £18m to persuade them to change their mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:39 am 
Makes sense to loan players in the January transfer window. Clubs don't want to get in to complicated transfer talks what with there being no winter break in the season so it's a matter of looking at who is superfluous to the team for a few months and ship them out for first team football then rethink it in the Summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 am 

Left back is the problem that needs addressing before anything else IMO - any news on the front, I have been a bit out of touch recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am 

WOW :O- this transfer window has been utter shit. We haven't bolstered our team, apart from the loan signing of Vieira- Whats happening atleast bring another 1-2 players in. Hopefully a Defender & maybe another mid. Whats the news about Gago??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am 

LackMCFC wrote:
WOW :O- this transfer window has been utter shit. We haven't bolstered our team, apart from the loan signing of Vieira- Whats happening atleast bring another 1-2 players in. Hopefully a Defender & maybe another mid. Whats the news about Gago??

No not 'maybe another mid'

Not needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 am 

To replace the outgoing Robinho- No?? Or give Petrov a push..the guys been on fire recently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:34 am 

LackMCFC wrote:
To replace the outgoing Robinho- No?? Or give Petrov a push..the guys been on fire recently?

Yeah.

Give Petrov a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am 

Motta done deal apparently

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/01/27/1763295/roma-defender-marco-motta-confirms-manchester-city-deal

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Markered Man wrote:
Left back is the problem that needs addressing before anything else IMO - any news on the front, I have been a bit out of touch recently.

Gareth Barry .....

And Viera to take his place in the middle...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next