Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 pm 

hogeymack wrote:
"oooh I'm gago, oooh I play defensive midfield, i'm so great"

fuck off gago

LADY GAGO!!!

good nickname

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:42 am 

Not long to go if we're going to pull a marquee signing out of the hat. Can't see it to be honest

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 am 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
In other words, there's no point buying players now if you think there'll be better ones available in the summer. But nothing wrong with getting a loan before buying. Quite sensible really.

nah, we ain't letting mancini spend a fortune (or anything apparently), and then get lumbered with his transfer selections should he fail to win a cup/get top 4 spot and then get sacked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 am 

Haven't been linked with many big players compared to this time last year have we. No bad thing imo - I'm really glad we didn't get Kaka for £110m or whatever it was supposed to be last January - he really hasn't been that great for Real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 am 

Any news on Moses and Johnson? There was loads in the press last Friday and its all gone quiet. I think Moses would be a good signing he played very well against us early in the season and I have 'Boro mates who were glad to see Downing go so that Johnson could play more, they rate him more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 am 

its all pointing to us appointing a new manager in the summer imo

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 am 

I read somewhere (maybe on the forum) that robinho has been linked with Benfica. Di Maria from Benfica has been linked with us... maybe there is something going on there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 am 

please let this be true (apologies if already posted):

Zimbabwe striker Benjani, 31, is set to complete his £3m move from Manchester City to West Ham on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 am 

cooder wrote:
please let this be true (apologies if already posted):

Zimbabwe striker Benjani, 31, is set to complete his £3m move from Manchester City to West Ham on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

yeh, only if we buy someone to replace him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 am 

Snatch their frigging hands off

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

disagree.

Worry about that later, if someone is offering money for him, take it before they change their minds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am 

cooder wrote:
disagree.

Worry about that later, if someone is offering money for him, take it before they change their minds

like we need the money...and without him good chance we wouldnt have got past 4th round FA cup? he's not excellent but he's doing a job. as he will Wednesday. madness to sell him right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
like we need the money...and without him good chance we wouldnt have got past 4th round FA cup? he's not excellent but he's doing a job. as he will Wednesday. madness to sell him right now.

he's garbage and we would have made it past the third round without him. There's no telling what any other striker may or may not have done in that game.

It's not the money I'm concerned about, it's him playing and his shitness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:58 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

Surely we'd have played Tevez and Bellamy half a game each or something without Benjani? I hardly think he was key to the victory.

As for Wednesday, I doubt he'll be on the pitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:00 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

^that
Danny's Studs wrote:

yep. not the best or quickest, but contributes nonetheless.
cooder wrote:
he's garbage and we would have made it past the third round without him. There's no telling what any other striker may or may not have done in that game.

It's not the money I'm concerned about, it's him playing and his shitness

yeah he is shit, but at the minute we have a bit of a striker crisis. well. rsc crocked, ade on compassionate leave = no tall striker to hold up play, and shit as he is benjani does that competently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm 

Mancini has said he needs 5 strikers, right now we have;

Tevez,
Bellamy
Adebayor - hopefully
Santy - injured
Robinho - probably gone by tomorrow.

That is NOT enough options. In fact there are NO options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
^that

yep. not the best or quickest, but contributes nonetheless.

yeah he is shit, but at the minute we have a bit of a striker crisis. well. rsc crocked, ade on compassionate leave = no tall striker to hold up play, and shit as he is benjani does that competently.

SSN reporting 2 clubs in for Benjani, Ade might be back for wednesday (back in training today) as is Vieira.

Robinho turns up in his white Lamborgini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:08 pm 

Robinho wants to go home to Santos after dismal time at Manchester City• Brazilian blames Roberto Mancini and Mark Hughes
• 'I think it's better for me to go back to Brazil'
Buzz up!
Digg it (1)
Daniel Taylor
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 24 January 2010 16.55 GMT
Article history

Robinho said he could not fit into the systems that Roberto Mancini and Mark Hughes wanted him to play in. Photograph: Joe Giddens/Empics Sport

Robinho, the most expensive player in English football, has confirmed that he wants to leave Manchester City and blamed Roberto Mancini, and formerly Mark Hughes, for making his time in the Premier League so unhappy.

A delegation from Santos, Robinho's former club in Brazil, is due to meet City officials in Manchester this week and several other clubs, led by Benfica, have registered an official interest in the former Real Madrid player.

Robinho's advisers have tried to persuade Barcelona to try to arrange a loan deal but the initial talks have not been followed up and the player has now decided that he wants to return to Brazil to rejoin the club where he began his career.

"The whole board of directors [at City] has decided that the best thing is to loan me out," Robinho said. "It would be extraordinary to come back to Santos. Playing for Santos would help pave my way to the World Cup. It's my home, where I know everyone."

• FA Cup match report: Scunthorpe 2-4 Manchester City
• Paul Hayward: Tevez's driving force is money
• Security increased for Manchester derby return
• Paul Wilson: Carling Cup and BBC should take a bowRobinho's desire to leave Manchester was first revealed in the Guardian in November and, despite strong denials from his club at the time, it has now become apparent to the City hierarchy that he has failed to embrace life in England and has begun to feel disillusioned in the extreme.

After a promising start the Brazilian's form has deteriorated sharply, culminating in him losing his place in the team since Mancini took over from Mark Hughes. He was brought on as a substitute during City's recent 2-0 defeat at Everton only to be brought off later in the game because Mancini was so unimpressed.

"The first thing to say is that it is a bad moment I am going through," Robinho told Rádio Bandeirantes in Brazil. "The managers are different here. They decide a system and want you to fit in and it doesn't matter if you're tall or short. The manager was honest with me. He told me I was just going to play every other game. I told him that wouldn't interest me because this is a World Cup year and I need to play."

His impending move will represent a major setback to City given that Robinho's transfer from Madrid on the day the Abu Dhabi United group took control at Eastlands was supposed to signify the club's new ambitions. Instead, he has flickered only sporadically in his 16 months in England and is now so desperate to leave he has even informed City that he will waive part of his £160,000-a-week salary. "The financial situation is important but being happy also counts," he explained.

Santos will still have considerable problems raising the money for the deal to go through but the club intend to offer City the first refusal on their two most exciting young players, Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso.

"I don't know if the deal is possible but if there is the slightest of chances to bring him back we will look at every option to do that," the club's president, Luis Alvaro De Oliveira Ribeiro, said. "If Corinthians can find a way to bring back Ronaldo then we can do the same with Robinho."

Robinho's time in England now seems destined to be remembered as a failure and it is a measure of how far his stock has fallen that he was named in the side to face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park today only because Mancini wanted to rest other players ahead of the second leg of the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United on Wednesday.

"We hope Santos can persuade Manchester to do a deal," said Evandro Souza, one of the player's advisers. "Myself and Robinho's father are in Manchester to try to arrange the deal and we expect we could be here until the end of the transfer window."

In addition to the interest from Benfica, Robinho revealed he had spoken to his former Santos team-mate Diego, now a Juventus player, about the possibility of a move to the Turin club.

"He invited me to be happy with him at Juventus," Robinho said. "I told him: 'Di, I think it's better for me to go to Peixe [Santos's nickname] and go back to Brazil."

don't want him to go, really glad he got a goal yesterday and he really seemed to put in a shift and have a good game. on e of the best on the pitch yesterday imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm 

Man City keen to keep Robinho as exit speculation grows

Robinho has featured sporadically in Mancini's reign at City so far
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he would like to keep forward Robinho at Eastlands, despite reports the Brazilian is set to quit the club.

The 26-year-old has been quoted as telling Brazilian radio he is set to return home, with a loan move to his former club Santos one possibility.

Robinho scored in City's 4-2 FA Cup win at Scunthorpe on Sunday and Mancini stated: "I hope he will stay here.

"In the next day the situation can change but at the moment he stays."

Reports that Robinho had told Brazilian radio of his imminent Eastlands exit emerged before City's pulsating victory in the fourth round of the Cup at Glanford Park.

He admitted that he had not been playing well for the Premier League's big spenders but complained that new coach Mancini had not been playing him regularly enough.

"The coach was very sincere with me and said that I would play every other match," he was quoted as saying. "I told him that would not be interesting to me, it's a World Cup year.

"It would be exceptional to return to [former club] Santos [in Brazil]. To play at Santos would help me on the way to the World Cup. It is my home, I know everybody.

"It's what they [the Manchester City directors] say. The entire board felt that it is better to loan me out."

The president of Santos, Luiz Alvaro de Oliviera Riberio, told the same radio station that his club was already in talks with City directors and would meet with them in London on Tuesday and that he was already sounding out sponsors who might help to pay for the Brazilian's salary if he returns.

"We are already working on that," added Ribeiro. "I'm sure Robinho's name will attract a lot of attention."

Despite all the speculation, Robinho started Sunday's match at Glanford Park, scoring the fourth goal before being substituted to a chorus of cheers from the away fans five minutes from time.

Rather than taking us into the promised land, we are leaving him behind on the way

Kevin Parker - Manchester City Official Supporters' Club Secretary
Mancini commented: "Hopefully in the end Robinho will stay here but it is important he will stay here, be happy and enjoy it. He is a very good player. I think he is enjoying Manchester.

"I think one player can stay in a squad only if he is happy - if he wants to play every game and if he wants to work every day.

"That is most important because the players and manager must be happy.

"I have five or six strikers and I must decide every game between them. It's impossible to play with four strikers."

Robinho arrived at City in a record £32.4m deal on transfer deadline day in August 2008.

But after a promising start, his form deserted him and he has started only eight games in all competitions this campaign, prompting links with a move to Barcelona.

606: DEBATE
This season, Robinho hasn't fully recovered from injury and hasn't played much football, but people still expect him to be brilliant every time he plays

united09/10champions
Kevin Parker, general secretary of the Manchester City Official Supporters' Club, said most fans are looking forward to seeing the back of their erratic Brazilian.

"I don't think anybody is heartbroken about him going," he said. "He's got fantastic ability and talent but can't turn that into team effort on the pitch. He's getting in the way of everything we are trying to achieve at the moment.

"He's a distraction both on and off the field. It's probably the best solution if he goes."

Robinho has often struggled to produce his best form away from home, with only three of his 15 goals last season coming on the road. Sunday's goal was his first of this campaign.

"We've seen him play some fantastic games but that has always been at home when the weather has not been too bad," Parker added.

"It now looks like, rather than taking us into the promised land, we are leaving him behind on the way."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
He's a distraction both on and off the field. It's probably the best solution if he goes."

probably the best quote of the article....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next