Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: joe hart
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:14 pm 

hi all,

im a birmingham city fan just wondering what your views on joe hart are, he has been absolutely fantastic for us.

do you want to keep him?

good luck for the rest of the season hope you get into europe and finish above the villa :p

many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm 

lee_bcfc wrote:
hi all,

im a birmingham city fan just wondering what your views on joe hart are, he has been absolutely fantastic for us.

do you want to keep him?

good luck for the rest of the season hope you get into europe and finish above the villa :p

many thanks

It's not really our decision. You'll have to ask the manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm 

Hey man. I do, and I think we will. We'd be nuts to let him go. He is becoming a great keeper at an age earlier than what I'd have imagined, 22 and he has huge potential. While we have Given, Joe won't be first choice but there's time. I think Joe would be nuts to ask for a move as well, on loan suits everyone fine I would have thought.

What do you think of him? cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 pm 

I'd love to see him at City still, however I wouldn't start him ahead of Given....so bit of a predicament really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm 

Sadly I can see us losing him, there's just too many years left in Given. Can't see him joing Birmingham on a permanent basis though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 pm 

I cant see it as a predicament, nor us losing him, if he has any sense at all he will be patient and give it time. Next season there is chance we are in Europe, that's a lot of games (hopefully) and all it needs it Given injured and suddenly Hart is back in the fold. It is very early in his career to be thinking about transferring employers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:40 pm 

id keep him on loan at birmingham for next season the more experiance he gets the better he will be for us in the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 am 

next england no.1, bet on it

would love to have him at city now, unfortunately for hart, we have one of the best keepers in europe already here

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am 

I think that we loan him out for the next few seasons, until Given turns 35/36 or so, and then begin transition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 am 

^^^ could work, but i would worry about him becoming unsettled perhaps.

Hope he stays at City but as has been said, he can't replace Given yet. Bags of potential though and his loan deal at Birmingham is turning out to be a very good move for all parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 am 

With all the youngsters we seem to be sniffing around, I can see us being able to field a team of kids for the league cup as from next season so he will at least play in that

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Hey man. I do, and I think we will. We'd be nuts to let him go. He is becoming a great keeper at an age earlier than what I'd have imagined, 22 and he has huge potential. While we have Given, Joe won't be first choice but there's time. I think Joe would be nuts to ask for a move as well, on loan suits everyone fine I would have thought.

What do you think of him? cheers.

^that, keep him loaned for the next year or two. he gets games, we keep hold of him.
bigdavecox90 wrote:
I'd love to see him at City still, however I wouldn't start him ahead of Given....so bit of a predicament really.

hence loans. we want him to get games, he wants to play. win-win.
jbuk wrote:
id keep him on loan at birmingham for next season the more experiance he gets the better he will be for us in the future

^this
Timpblue wrote:
next england no.1, bet on it

would love to have him at city now, unfortunately for hart, we have one of the best keepers in the world already here

concur
NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
With all the youngsters we seem to be sniffing around, I can see us being able to field a team of kids for the league cup as from next season so he will at least play in that

wouldn't be enough games to satisfy him i reckon. or give him the game time/experience that will benefit us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 am 

Joe Hart is excellent. He should be going to the WC with England.

According to Sky, Manchester City have turned down Birmingham's offer to make the move permanent. I'd like to see him back at Manchester sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:30 am 

talk of him being the number 1 at the world cup. quite justified imo by both his performance and the poverty of other options.

we told them when we loaned him, and repeated it when they asked in december i think.

Post subject: Re: joe hart
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7EfQU5rYU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm 

O Blue wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7EfQU5rYU

That is off the hook...absolute belter of a advert... :clap: :mrgreen: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm 

Great ad!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 am 

Joe Hart should be cocky, insists Manchester City's Roberto Mancini
• Goalkeeper criticised for being cocky by Roy Keane
• 'If you want to be a keeper, you should be cocky'
Share 2

Email
Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Friday 19 October 2012 23.04 BST

Roy Keane had claimed that Manchester City's Joe Hart was beginning to become too cocky. Photograph: Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images
Roberto Mancini has defended Joe Hart against Roy Keane's accusation that the Manchester City goalkeeper can be "cocky".

Keane, the former Manchester United and Republic of Ireland captain, made the claim before Hart's mistake that allowed Poland's equaliser during England's 1-1 draw in the week's World Cup qualifier.

Mancini said: "Every keeper is like this. It is important because it's different to another position. If you want to be a keeper, you should be cocky. Joe is a good guy, he works very hard, he wants to improve. Last week [Wayne] Rooney said on Twitter that Joe is the best keeper in the world but today he is cocky. It is my opinion that Joe is the best keeper in England and one of the best in Europe. Sometimes a keeper can do a mistake but this is normal."

Keane had told ITV: "There's a fine line between confident and cocky and I think he's been a little bit too cocky this year. He just relaxes a little bit and takes his eye off the ball … and he needs a bit more competition around him."

But asked if confidence can be confused with cockiness, Mancini said: "If you want to be a good keeper, you should be cocky sometimes. Joe is strong enough for this. He knows he is one of the best but he wants to continue to work.

"If you want to be one of the best you have to work hard all the time. Anyone can make a mistake. It is impossible to be perfect."

Mancini laughed off claims that Yaya Touré may leave to seek a new challenge. "Every day we have a new challenge here because in two and a half years we won the FA Cup, the Premier League and the Community Shield. Now we need to win another cup, another Premier League. We need to work more for this challenge.

"Yaya thinks that, like me, like the other players. No, absolutely [I have no doubts]," said Mancini, who has not spoken with Touré about participating in January's African Cup of Nations. "Probably we speak in the next week. I hope Yaya stays here."

Mancini also suggested City's game should have been put back 24 hours due to England's match being played a day later. He said: "I think that sometimes in this situation we can move our game from Saturday to Sunday. It is easy because we can play at three o'clock.

"I have my opinion about the officials. I'm not disappointed. I think that sometimes we can do this – we are not on TV because we can play three o'clock on Saturday."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 am 

Who cares if he's cocky as long as he's got the skills to back it up, which he does! One of the best keepers out there right now. Glad he's on our side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm 

Id say being a keeper is as much about form and confidence as it is being a striker.

The more confident and assured you are the less mistakes and if you are able to project this, it also puts more pressure on the striker to beat you.