Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Probably. I've not studied law so I can't really say. The point may well be that the clubs all agree to the window, whereas a situation that restricts an individual club would cause more trouble.

We may well see this when CHelsea take their transfer ban to the court of appeal. Kind of a test case for this.

Will be rather interesting. The transfer window certainly appears, by definition, to be a restriction of trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
yeh, well where you going to put him? Paddy and Nigel will be too defensive.

then fuck Vieira off. No offence but he's done nothing and Nige has been immense. Would be a travesty to drop NDJ on the spot to put Vieira in even if he then does play his bollocks off. De Jong deserves more than that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 am 

cooder wrote:
then fuck Vieira off. No offence but he's done nothing and Nige has been immense. Would be a travesty to drop NDJ on the spot to put Vieira in even if he then does play his bollocks off. De Jong deserves more than that

well, he didnt bring him here to play on the bench. what if Mancio knows more about football than us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 am 

Patrick is looking to get into the France Squad, If Mancini fancies him over De Jong then i hope he has a blinder and gives Nigel something to think about.

Though i would play Vieira in the games against the lesser teams and unleash De jong against the so called top 4 teams along with the Spurs, Villas, Fulhams, and whoever else wants to try and blitz us for 4th spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:04 am 

Emigre wrote:
random

I mean my level of meh-ness about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 am 

If we coulo've brouthg on Vieria against Burnley at 3-2, he would've helped us pill thourhg in that game.

Could be a hleping jand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:49 am 

I have'nt liked him for 2-3 years now, he has been pretty bad in the last three season for Inter ,when he was even able to play( and that's rarely).

...BUT,i have to admit , he played well wednesday against Chievo,maybe is the feeling of having his last chance, one last shot at playing the world cup before he retires.

Still ,he is not able to play three games in a week and is really prone to accidents,and has become really weak phisically,so Viera is only a decent ,experienced bench guy ,not a key player and does not raise the quality bar for Man.City.

His current fee,his last year of contract is really high so he comes "for free",Man.City pays nothing to Inter and only picks up Viera's expensive contract.
That's pretty good but I hope that now they invest the money for someone really,really ,i mean REALLY good.
I really want to see Mancini win something major this year with Man. City( if that was not clear yet,i am a Mancini's fan)and make the difference in Premier and in Europe for a long time,and Viera is not the kind of acquisition that can possibly bring that about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:02 am 

cod head wrote:
If we coulo've brouthg on Vieria against Burnley at 3-2, he would've helped us pill thourhg in that game.

Could be a hleping jand.

This, children, is why you shouldn't go on the intenet after getting home from a night on the piss. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:27 am 

A transfer that is not an obvious 'upgrade', but it seems Viera is anxious to impress, plus it is a loan for now. So no risk for City. I will be interested to see how is he going to be played. Maybe a 5-3-2 with Viera joining Barry and DeJong in the centre, with Garrido and Zabs on the wings? Indicating a backseat for Ireland and Wright-Phillips... Otherwise there will be some jostling for the central midfield if only two are to be played there. I'm thinking that the 5-3-2 looks tempting, but Mancini is the one we watch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am 

cod head wrote:

Could be a hleping jand.

If we would've had the opportunity to bring Vieira on in games like Burnley, when we turned it around to 3-2, all we needed was some raw leadership, and Vieira will give us that in these kind of games this season.

I think there's going to be a lot of little 1-0 wins with him in the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 pm 

I'm still not convinced about the signing of Vieira. He hasn't played that much in Italy lately and is now 33. Yeah i know he doesnt need to be quick and can use his massive football brain etc etc. I'm worried who he's going to replace and his wages (if true) are a fookin joke. Will his salary cause unrest in the dressing room. On a plus he does seem hungary if you go off his interview and he hates the rags & Neville. At the end of the day he's a Blue now so we have to support him. Welcome to Manchester Patrick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:11 pm 

I have only ever had respect for Vieira. He doesnt give a shit about anyone but himself and the team he is playing for, I like that. Immense footballer. One of the best players of the past decade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:13 pm 

We have lacked leadership this year, that is obvious and Vieira is a born leader and even if he dosen't play many games hes gonna be a leader in the dressing room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm 

Can chip in with one or two quality goals aswell as defending well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:39 pm 

Steppenwolf wrote:
I have'nt liked him for 2-3 years now, he has been pretty bad in the last three season for Inter ,when he was even able to play( and that's rarely).

...BUT,i have to admit , he played well wednesday against Chievo,maybe is the feeling of having his last chance, one last shot at playing the world cup before he retires.

Still ,he is not able to play three games in a week and is really prone to accidents,and has become really weak phisically,so Viera is only a decent ,experienced bench guy ,not a key player and does not raise the quality bar for Man.City.

His current fee,his last year of contract is really high so he comes "for free",Man.City pays nothing to Inter and only picks up Viera's expensive contract.
That's pretty good but I hope that now they invest the money for someone really,really ,i mean REALLY good.
I really want to see Mancini win something major this year with Man. City( if that was not clear yet,i am a Mancini's fan)and make the difference in Premier and in Europe for a long time,and Viera is not the kind of acquisition that can possibly bring that about.

you just don't liek him cos he is black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:04 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
you just don't liek him cos he is black.

I don't like him because he's french...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:24 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
I don't like him because he's french...

yeah, but that's an entirely sensible and viable reason to dislike someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
yeah, but that's an entirely sensible and viable reason to dislike someone.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 pm 

If we're borrowing their old captain, we can borrow an old arsenal song, with a few changes..
he's bald
he's shit
gets a game when nige ain't fit..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next